Why no ban - warning?

SQL Developer

Hello dear Moderators, I would like to know @Designatix why you are not give warning points or ban - chatban to @xxdem ?

His general behavior to all members / posts is bad with offensive language like (fuck, trash, delete your server, trashcan etc.).

Also spamming in all posts*

The moderators are deleting his flame comments all the time but without any warning - ban - chat ban, why is that?.

Thanks for your time

Edited by SQL Developer

3 minutes ago, SQL Developer said:

Hello dear Moderators, I would like to know @Designatix why you are not give warning points or ban - chatban to @xxdem ?

His general behavior to all members / posts is bad with offensive language like (fuck, trash, delete your server, trashcan etc.).

Also spamming in all posts*

The moderators are deleting his flame comments all the time but without any warning - ban - chat ban, why is that?.

Thanks for your time

He simply don't care. He will make new acc and join. Maxcheater is 0 to him. He just spend his time.

@Designatix I was too fast i guess, sorry and thanks for your fast support.

@Kara` Well my personal point of view is, if a new member will see his flame post activity and will see that this guy is a member on MXC since 2015 (without a ban) will say "this forum haven't rules".

I mean you cant request from other members to be polite and follow the rules while this guy is a member without ban since 2015.

Anyway i guess you can lock this

13 minutes ago, Kara` said:

He simply don't care. He will make new acc and join. Maxcheater is 0 to him. He just spend his time.

isnt it your job? ;D 

10 minutes ago, SQL Developer said:

I mean you cant request from other members to be polite and follow the rules while this guy is a member without ban since 2015.

Actually his main account is banned. This xxdem is his alt.

In addition, ban > new acc > ban > new acc... Look on Kara :D

My opinion about new accounts > new accounts > new accounts...

Update the forum terms of use etc. and type:

In case of permanent ban, the member will lose any right to his topics and the administrator / moderators will have all the right to manage your topics.

Then you ban his profile (bye bye feedback's and reputation), junk all his market / server / project topics. (keep all the "useful" stuff that he shared on forum because he will accept the terms of use) and then lets see if he will flame again

18 minutes ago, SQL Developer said:

My opinion about new accounts > new accounts > new accounts...

Update the forum terms of use etc. and type:

In case of permanent ban, the member will lose any right to his topics and the administrator / moderators will have all the right to manage your topics.

Then you ban his profile (bye bye feedback's and reputation), junk all his market / server / project topics. (keep all the "useful" stuff that he shared on forum because he will accept the terms of use) and then lets see if he will flame again

First of all, we cannot controll banned users making new accounts. We do what you mentioned junking topics/posts etc from banned members but that doesn't solve anything.

And secondly and most important, there are way more serious reasons of bans than flaming, xdem, kara and some other users are banned for flaming, but there are scammers that scam every day and we cannot do a lot of things about it, there are users bulling other members and they're doing it by following rules (doesn't scam, flame, etc) and way more reasons that our forum is what it is right now with zero new shares and zero creativity.

Some users flame or act childish but tbh isn't so much harm than other users bulling and scamming people here.

The fact that xdem will write on l2prideful's topics that the server is trash it won't harm his server AT ALL.

But users saying the code someone shared is crap, the npc he made is ugly af, etc will harm the people trying to crete new things and share them with everyone.

The point is, we're at a point that we (the staffers) cannot do a lot about these situations, if members won't change their attitude baning them all will end up worst than having them here and won't change a thing.

If you remember the old days when tons of people got banned for stupid reasons such as staffer in a similar forum, spaming, flaming, etc (ofc i'm not speaking about scammers) ended up making a dead forum because these were the people that would bring activity into the forum. Now we're trying to bring activity using other ways like hidden content and people still bitching and not following rules at all but no one cares about that, you only care about a harmless post of a guy saying trash a server.

1 minute ago, baksteen said:

No option to ban hwid etc on ipb ? FeelsSadMan

unfortunately no, it would be very nice to have it

2 minutes ago, baksteen said:

You could make a group that can bypass moderation, then change all current members to the group that bypasses moderation, then set the forums to moderate messages, then when new members post messages you can approve the messages and change the member's group to the group that can bypass moderation, if their posts are not abusive. Then if a member tries to post "bad" posts you can set their group back to the moderated group. If they just sign up for another membership then they will be back in the moderated message sequence again. Over the years I did this with previous message board software and now use this idea with invisionboard software. I hope all goes well for you!

Yeah this can be done too but we will need like 5 gmods accepting new posts :p 

6 hours ago, SweeTs said:

Actually his main account is banned. This xxdem is his alt.

In addition, ban > new acc > ban > new acc... Look on Kara :D

At least i don't open server and use npc name "group 1"