Code sharing related rules needed

Elfo

1 minute ago, xxdem said:

Right now you are talking outside of your own self, realistically you can't even imagine yourself trying to make these trols learn something (some guys are exceptions, but the whole image of the forum consumes them)

my 2 cents, good luck making the forum better

Well, compared to you, I have actually went out of my way to give suggestions to people about how to make their code better and I have actually refactored shares as well. @melron can attest to that and so can @Kara` when he was asking for code improvement over skype about an event engine he was making.

What I'm saying is that there is a difference to:

• This is shit
  • This is shit because _____ and you can make it better by _____

Shares finished.

Lineage is dead.

Only 10 "dudes" that want to be a game developers (with a ready client and a ready pack haha) left here to create some methods and classes *5 of them are "staff" and the rest (5) are "pro" developers that for some reason came to MXC to express the "proper code method of variables usage".

This forum is proper just for sellers / buyers / ad.

1 minute ago, SQL Developer said:

Shares finished.

Lineage is dead.

Only 10 "dudes" that want to be a game developers (with a ready client and a ready pack haha) left here to create some methods and classes *5 of them are "staff" and the rest (5) are "pro" developers that for some reason came to MXC to express the "proper code method of variables usage".

This forum is proper just for sellers / buyers / ad.

gtfo trash can

@.Elfocrash

15 hours ago, xxdem said:

that database is beyond broken, that is how a guy with zero theoretical knowledge would built the table. Do yourself a favor and learn how to create proper databases.. object_id is obviously the KEY and there should be no defaults, especially null

which exactly my above comment is, with added sugar because the target is the legendary god coder access

what elfocursh says is correct , it is objective truth that you should only give constructive feedback ( how something can be improved or even WHY it is bad/wrong and NOT >>>THAT IT IS BAD<<< )

xxdem what you said i find wrong "this is how it works, there is no community that will take trashcode lightly"
for two reasons 
1: this is how it works is a constant you ACCEPT, and you have the ability and right to change ( keep in mind the only people ( in my opinion ) that are in the position to correct people on their code are elfocrush ,melron ,yourself and may be a few others )
so if you few decide to be more civilized like elfocrush suggested it would not be an issue anymore.
2: no one said take it lightly, he said don't call someone useless or trashcode, just correct his mistakes, point them out as you would do in real life to someone you don't know( i am sure you have had a real-life interaction where you had to be formal )

SQL Developer took it to an extreme but he is not wrong.

kara will probably feel left out ( since i don't think anyone can reason with him and i am not interested in arguing with a wall )

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xxdem said:

which exactly my above comment is, with added sugar because the target is the legendary god coder access

See, I think this is NOT how to explain that. You basically tell him "go google that" which is not what im talking about. It is also wrong as the foreign key can be both null and duplicated in several cases. I know in this case it's not but acis doesn't use foreign keys anyway because they don't know anything about SQL other than tables and primary keys.

I would give his a table creation script and explain why I'm making it this way.

10 minutes ago, xxdem said:

gtfo trash can

@.Elfocrash

Why u got problem with me. I never said im god or legend lol. realy whats wrong with ya

4 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

See, I think this is NOT how to explain that. You basically tell him "go google that" which is not what im talking about. It is also wrong as the foreign key can be both null and duplicated in several cases. I know in this case it's not but acis doesn't use foreign keys anyway because they don't know anything about SQL other than tables and primary keys.

I would give his a table creation script and explain why I'm making it this way.

"foreign key can be null" 

No shit Sherlock, but on his case null makes no use.

I'm so done with you, just do your thing (you won't), I am out

27 minutes ago, SillverShadow said:

what elfocursh says is correct , it is objective truth that you should only give constructive feedback ( how something can be improved or even WHY it is bad/wrong and NOT >>>THAT IT IS BAD<<< )

xxdem what you said i find wrong "this is how it works, there is no community that will take trashcode lightly"
for two reasons 
1: this is how it works is a constant you ACCEPT, and you have the ability and right to change ( keep in mind the only people ( in my opinion ) that are in the position to correct people on their code are elfocrush ,melron ,yourself and may be a few others )
so if you few decide to be more civilized like elfocrush suggested it would not be an issue anymore.
2: no one said take it lightly, he said don't call someone useless or trashcode, just correct his mistakes, point them out as you would do in real life to someone you don't know( i am sure you have had a real-life interaction where you had to be formal )

SQL Developer took it to an extreme but he is not wrong.

kara will probably feel left out ( since i don't think anyone can reason with him and i am not interested in arguing with a wall )

Please don't use my name. Dont engage me in conversations. Thats a warning.

Edited by Kara`

I totally agree with what you mentioned.

It's a fact that a lot of people stop sharing things because they received tons of "flames" for their codes either because it was a small code, or it was bad coded, or coded the wrong way and the list goes on..

Included myself as well on this list, i made some shares back in the past and had tons of flames because of the reasons i mentioned above and i was like "fuck it, why should i spend time writing and trying to make a good presentation for a topic that people would start flame and say that my work is bad?

58 minutes ago, xxdem said:

@.Elfocrash so it will be better sharing trashcode that unaware victims add to their servers and get destroyed? this is why the community is broken in the first place, not because a guy pointed out why the code is shit with one way or another

My opinion is when you post a code that you don't know if it works properly you can leave a note saying that code isn't fully tested and it is not recommended for live servers.

Doing it this way you inform people that your code may be bad coded or not working properly.

Also it would be good for new developers to make their own codes the way they can and some developers with better knowledge help him improve the code, like for example i saw one post before some days from melron if i'm not wrong and he forgot just one small thing which maybe someone wouldn't even see and access saw that and letted him know about that and there was one more suggestion if i'm not wrong that helped him improve the code.

Imagine shares working like this one. We would have more new shares and working ones as well if everyone was trying to do new things and other people helped each other.

18 minutes ago, Kara` said:

Please don't use my name. Dont engage me in conversations. Thats a warning.

now i see why you were banned, also warning me about what? i as anyone has the right to write any word as long as it is not an insult so here it goes, Kara` Kara` Kara` Kara` Kara` Kara` Kara` Kara` Kara`....

5 minutes ago, Designatix said:

It's a fact that a lot of people stop sharing things because they received tons of "flames" for their codes either because it was a small code, or it was bad coded, or coded the wrong way and the list goes on..

Included myself as well on this list, i made some shares back in the past and had tons of flames because of the reasons i mentioned above and i was like "

been there ( not with code ) and that's why you dont see anything shared from me...i have made things for people but i do that on personal level.

what elfo suggests would solve that and get people more active!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Designatix said:

Included myself as well on this list, i made some shares back in the past and had tons of flames because of the reasons i mentioned above and i was like "fuck it, why should i spend time writing and trying to make a good presentation for a topic that people would start flame and say that my work is bad?

My opinion is when you post a code that you don't know if it works properly you can leave a note saying that code isn't fully tested and it is not recommended for live servers.

Doing it this way you inform people that your code may be bad coded or not working properly.

Also it would be good for new developers to make their own codes the way they can and some developers with better knowledge help him improve the code, like for example i saw one post before some days from melron if i'm not wrong and he forgot just one small thing which maybe someone wouldn't even see and access saw that and letted him know about that and there was one more suggestion if i'm not wrong that helped him improve the code.

Imagine shares working like this one. We would have more new shares and working ones as well if everyone was trying to do new things and other people helped each other.

Doesn't work. I've done this yesterday on my topic. I wrote that "use it on ur own maybe its not properly working". Yet baggos "the super duper moderator" came to judge along with elfo.

Edited by Kara`

8 minutes ago, SillverShadow said:

here i will share this UNTESTED code but dont judge.

Have you offer anything in this forum? I'm really old member in this forum since 2011 and i've done many shares + guides.

1 share that is not tested wont ruin the whole forum. Laugh at me but in the end of the day at least i helped more people than you can ever count.  It's the truth and we both know it :) so feel free to entertain me and prove that you need attention. 

I just check your whole profil, all i see is [HELP] [HELP] [HELP] [HELP] :D what are we even talking about. Bye

Edited by Kara`

4 minutes ago, Kara` said:

Have you offer anything in this forum? I'm really old member in this forum since 2011

To be honest, the only thing that you have done, it's a new record guinness on new accounts after your bans.

Just now, 'Baggos' said:

To be honest, the only thing that you have done, it's a new record guinness on new accounts after your bans.

Hi attention guy how are you? Plz make sure to follow me on each post i do and like others comment who are on me :)

dont miss the chance plz ! 

Best of luck to you sir!