Spoiler: Upcoming server Feature [Innovative]

Dubxsion

qXi5tOs.png

Its an upcoming feature for my future project. Still under heavy development. Feel free to commit your impressions or ideas.

[NOTE: Not all of these components are yet coded, but under development.]

Edited by Dubxsion
  • Upvote 1

2017 servers is 99% client editing 1% programming. You guys try bring graphical enviroment and VFX's in a chronicle released 10 years ago and nobody play.

8 hours ago, Celestine said:

what client? interesting thing c6 or higher chronicle? seems promising.

Interlude

2 hours ago, Solid State Drive said:

2017 servers is 99% client editing 1% programming. You guys try bring graphical environment and VFX's in a chronicle released 10 years ago and nobody play.

This feature contain as much programming as client editing. The whole augmentation function has to be rewritten, every single life stone has to be modified to give exact ability rather full set of variables (+ stats). Beside, augmentation only GIVES, where my "Infusion" MODIFIES already existing abilities which makes it even harder due to all possible ways to be abused in order to destroy the game. What i want to achieve with this, is the very same lineage but with new way to progress your character possibilities, giving you hundreds of possible builds, where your strategies overwhelm F1,F2+Dash.

2 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

So basically augment with just a client edited interface. So "Innovative". Btw spell it properly.

Thanks for correcting my misspelling. <3

Yes, all my features are modification of already existing components in the game.

My next feature is replacement of all Jewelries,Accessories and Tattoos,

with Charms,Glyphs,Marks,Emblems,Symbols,Relics,Totems...

wearable items that modify, or add new abilities to your character.

2 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

So basically rings,earrings and necklaces with just a client edited interface.

[NON-QUOTED]

^ Yes ... but,

same lineage but with new way to progress your character possibilities, giving you hundreds of possible builds, where your strategies overwhelm F1,F2+Dash.

Edited by Dubxsion

Still as a developer i see 99% client fancy icons like the sh*ty pride which had 2.500 armors and i'm sure the java is nothing special.

I prefer a server with no client editing and full java side that will impress me with a cute feature or an engine or so.

Example, you want make a faction server. Such a thing already exist. So what u do, u make a faction server but you adjust the engine to something creative. 

Maybe each faction has a queen that players vote to add or its random every week. Or idk.. thats java side. No fancy icons and dresses

6 minutes ago, Solid State Drive said:

Still as a developer i see 99% client fancy icons like the sh*ty pride which had 2.500 armors and i'm sure the java is nothing special.

I prefer a server with no client editing and full java side that will impress me with a cute feature or an engine or so.

Example, you want make a faction server. Such a thing already exist. So what u do, u make a faction server but you adjust the engine to something creative. 

Maybe each faction has a queen that players vote to add or its random every week. Or idk.. thats java side. No fancy icons and dresses

Every train has passengers.

11 hours ago, big man bill said:

stop

Its fine, let him have his pride. As non-developer i can see what kind of developer he is, seeing the function and saying its just client side when its 90% server side and only 10% client edit.

On 1/10/2017 at 9:04 PM, Solid State Drive said:

So do ur things and stop being an ashole. Do the things you like and let others do what they want.

/Ontopic.

Nice idea, i also like editing existing things and trying to make some new cool things from these and this system is a very good idea and something that at least me never seen on any other server before.

Waiting for more.

1 hour ago, Designatix said:

So do ur things and stop being an ashole. Do the things you like and let others do what they want.

/Ontopic.

Nice idea, i also like editing existing things and trying to make some new cool things from these and this system is a very good idea and something that at least me never seen on any other server before.

Waiting for more.

O7YlTvs.png

Edited by Dubxsion

I really like your ideas, i always do, however my experience over the years says that people will not appreciate any custom gameplay nowadays.
They will not spend time on reading or understanding how the new/edited features are working.  They will rage quit in no-time!!!
I've seen this happening on great projects the previous years and i was really disappointed of the nowadays l2 community. 

The most safe way to success nowadays, is to go with the already used pattern. 

3 hours ago, `NeverMore said:

I really like your ideas, i always do, however my experience over the years says that people will not appreciate any custom gameplay nowadays.
They will not spend time on reading or understanding how the new/edited features are working.  They will rage quit in no-time!!!
I've seen this happening on great projects the previous years and i was really disappointed of the nowadays l2 community. 

The most safe way to success nowadays, is to go with the already used pattern. 

If that is true, then its not the L2 that is dead, its the community.