Is It Worth To Start Another L2J Project?

The dramatic drop in lineage 2 popularity and population in NA/EU regions has concerned me whether I should start another project

What are your thoughts and opinions on this matter?

Depends mostly about server quality and features. In the past there were way too much servers, it's only fair justice about what currently happens.

Every game is similar, even vanilla games got problems to find players. There is just a over-boom of games, while gamers population didn't expand the same way. Onbviously in 2004 you could make billions because there was like 10 MMOs, but nowadays the population upped by let's say 50% while the number of games is simply phenomenal (200+ easily).

When you see games like Firefall, which got a Steam population of 250 at best, it scores lower than most L2J servers.

Overall there should have maybe 10 servers on. The leftover is supposed to die. If you can score 3k ppl, then either you're lucky and your gf cheated on you, or your server was quality enough to retain people longer than 3 weeks.

----

I'm almost sure MMO bubble will soon explode anyway, like multiple games will close in same time or few companies bankrupt. When you see SOE merged off to become Daybreak, layoffing ppl, you see there is a problem.

Edited by Tryskell

didnt even read the topic but from the title -> no

I wonder why you advertise a L2J project then, if it doesn't worth to be used anymore.

Edited by Tryskell

• 1 month later...

The dramatic drop in lineage 2 popularity and population in NA/EU regions has concerned me whether I should start another project

What are your thoughts and opinions on this matter?

I guess it all depends on how serious you would like to approach the subject. What are you capabilities, budget, aims and fecking how thick your skin is - and it usually has to be quite thick to deal with the spoiled community.

Would you aim for a high population or rather smaller community? Your question just seams rather vague.

Besides, if you're after the money then you'll probably have hard time; if for the fun and pleasure of running a server then it's totally your choice.

There's still quite a lot of small projects going strong because they like having their own piece of L2. The online counter is not always an indication of how good the server is or how well it's doing.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Sybar,

It all depends on what you're trying to do. If your goal is to have a massive community, you'll need to receive enough money to pay for dedicated hosting/DDos Protection + smart guard or similar protections. The majority of the cash making servers are wiping every few months or once donations have slowed and for some reason the players are okay with this. They go from server to server depending on if they fail or not.

Edited by wtfson12345

I agree with Sybar,

It all depends on what you're trying to do. If your goal is to have a massive community, you'll need to receive enough money to pay for dedicated hosting/DDos Protection + smart guard or similar protections. The majority of the cash making servers are wiping every few months or once donations have slowed and for some reason the players are okay with this. They go from server to server depending on if they fail or not.

That moment when you people answer in 5-6 months ago topics.. or even 5 years... i want commit suicide.

That moment when you people answer in 5-6 months ago topics.. or even 5 years... i want commit suicide.

yo bebe!

jajajaja True True ... :happyforever:  :happyforever:

Do it :D

Do it :D

Take a step back and suck your toes -.- i won't do it.. ya know why? Cause i don't like the fact that you provoke young people smoke with ur profil photo.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Sybar,

Take LasTravel/ SirFaris / Zer0 (all same person under different nicks) as an example, wipe every 5-6 months ^^

• 4 weeks later...