Making A Java Based Lineage 2 Server From Scratch

tickrate update based servers

Look at RS. They have a 600 ms tick, which can grow up to 1000+ms during serious server stress. It's cancer. RS should be nominated as the #1 most annoying, unresponsive and abhorrent user experience MMO there has ever been created.

Sure, there are certain things that are nice about having a large part of otherwise concurrent updates made lock free on a single thread. But I really believe it is NOT how anything that would claim to be a MMO should work.

For the past 6-7 years since i joined L2J there was many people saying that it could be done better from the scratch.

The truth is i never saw one actually work on such project for more then few weeks, L2J Free Genesis project started with big boom, but it didn't get much further.

So.. i guess that's not a task worth starting.

L2J Is far from being perfect, it requires huge modifications but they're "do-able", it might take time but all could be rewritten, as Tryskell did with aCis, as we did on L2J we reworked many things some for better some for worse.

But at least L2J gives you some solid base, a place where you can start, there are very few critical implementations that has to be reworked, like AIs, Skill Engine, Sieges and residences and zones.

But overall you have most of the stuff working on some decent level.

The chance to get L2J better are much higher then start a project from the scratch and actually get somewhere

Exactly. The only time anoyone can understand just how l2j is not l2 is when you start implementing features exactly as they work in l2. For certain somewhat isolated features, you can do that. True.

But for everything else, you just keep finding that you need something else working correctly, but for that you also need another feature to work like in l2 and so on and on and on until you understand the truth.

The truth is that we all should have simply reverse engineered since prelude and c1. We had ALL the files, god damn it. Instead, we wasted time making something (some game) that can be played while using a l2 client.

It's too late to start from scratch now. Unless you like having nothing to show off for years, and that's the biggest turn off for everyone involved.

I know only java? Gosh. Im a programmer on multiple levels, you've learned C# the shitiest language on the planet and you want to prove what? Your retardness and microsoft asslicking only. You are still newbie on the scene, obviously you found a fat shitty C# coder at your work and he is your new idol, believe it or not C# is just a microsoft scam to attrack idiots like you to code shits with ease so they can sell their shitty products easier and bind you and your customers to their shitty platforms.

PS: C# has NOTHING to do with C or C++, its just a wannabe name to attract fools like urself. Have a nice day.

C# is a newer language than Java and it was created while having everything about Java in mind. It was supposed to be better. But as usual, MS prioritizes their own stack first, so it's not a full replacement for Java and unlikely it ever will be.

In any case, old(er) languages always have a stronger hold over the market.

Edited by _dev_

Look at RS. They have a 600 ms tick, which can grow up to 1000+ms during serious server stress. It's cancer. RS should be nominated as the #1 most annoying, unresponsive and abhorrent user experience MMO there has ever been created.

Sure, there are certain things that are nice about having a large part of otherwise concurrent updates made lock free on a single thread. But I really believe it is NOT how anything that would claim to be a MMO should work.

Im talking about 32 64 or 128 ticks per second that could easily replace the current stream like connection of the server and the client.

Python is good language? Muhahahaha because it register variable type automaticaly? LOLz....

Screw Python and C..  if java had a better interface.... IF ONLY

Also to end this war

Xdem -> java

Elfo -> C

Finito.. stop both

Edited by AccessDenied

Python is good language? Muhahahaha because it register variable type automaticaly? LOLz....

Screw Python and C.. if java had a better interface.... IF ONLY

Also to end this war

Xdem -> java

Elfo -> C

Finito.. stop both

Sure it is, but I don't expect you to understand anyway. :lol:

believe it or not C# is just a microsoft scam to attrack idiots like you to code shits with ease so they can sell their shitty products easier and bind you and your customers to their shitty platforms.

xdem the type of nigga that thinks 9/11 was an inside job

*jet fuel can't melt steel beams*

Sure it is, but I don't expect you to understand anyway. :lol:

And what exactly can u understand :D ? doubt if u can code an npc :D <3

You still don't get I'm talking about C# and not C

yes sos my mistake.. ignore it i wanted write for sharp but i forgot the #

What got a bad ass over here, can code NPC

Yes bitch i can make npc's if u want to buy pm me at skype 1 euro per npc 

Edited by SweeTs

Yes bitch i can make npc's if u want to buy pm me at skype 1 euro per npc

I am happy Sdw already did thousands of NPCs for free... god, thats a lot of money to pay if someone else does them.

Screw Python and C..  if java had a better interface.... IF ONLY

Also to end this war

Xdem -> java

Elfo -> C

Finito.. stop both

another retard to confuse the legendary C with the shitty C#

Another poor marketing trick from microshit.

xdem the type of nigga that thinks 9/11 was an inside job

*jet fuel can't melt steel beams*

Of course it was an inside job. I think Paris attacks where both inside jobs aswell

Edited by xxdem

Show your skills... rework L2j AI  :-beep- yeah:  :-beep- yeah:

You can use PTS AI as it is for java servers, with some tweeks, some guys allrdy doing that for a good time in private forks and thats an good solution.