L2Dot Net Interlude Project

Hello guys. It was a good weekend. Thing starting to get proper shape, removing old unused stuff as well as old code and replacing it with quality one.

Here i created a Gitter room for the Repository just incase someone wants to chat about the project or ask questions etc.

https://gitter.im/Elfocrash/L2dotNET

Feel free to join.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates regarding player storing and restoring done over the past days.
Next milestone will be inventory related stuff.

Thanks

Updates
Removed GZip compressed mess of htmls with acis htmls and coded a new parser to handle them.
Removed the oldfashioned ini config files with json ones.
domis045 Helped with many minor bugs and he is replacing all the singleton patterns with the new one.
MartLegion Helped with many logging changes and optimized the login server. Also minor bugs.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major Updates happened during the past few dates with more noticeable the update i did on auth service packets.

We are moving away from the L2j way of sending packets to the client so from:
zF5HCAL.png

We are now using:
oUdWFze.png

Everything seems to working fine with the new way of packets till now. Game service is next to be updates. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Really nice for the eyes. Even my sql management studio and my notepad++ is dark now :P

sql management studio for gods sake, I bet you can't even discriminate join types without it

its a fact that real devs know sql byhand, even hard statements.

Edited by xxdem

lol it is obvious you never used sql management studio. where do you think you write and run the queries when you are using sql server?

ahahahha once again you proved how little you know.

Get to the point that you can write recursive statements, 100++ lines of stored procedures, triggers and functions and then we can talk sql.

You don't even know what the difference between left and right join is. Noob.

Im master at joins by hand retard, L2J doesn't need any. Just a few simple SQL commands to retrieve and save data (I challange anyone, including your shitty retardness to doubt me wrong), the fact that you will always be a shitty developer hurts you much, I can feal your pain misserable cunt.

So much wounds, not enough salt.

Even in holy days of L2JFrozen / aCis fan wars, we were more polite (I laughed at the "miserable cunt" part).

Glad the project moves, Elfo. About knownlist, I solved it and it's doable as I thought.

Edited by Tryskell

Just for the record, JSON sucks as a config format! :lol:

JSON is best suited for data transfer... if you want something readable, go for YAML. It's a lot better for configuration.

Just for the record, JSON sucks as a config format! :lol:

JSON is best suited for data transfer... if you want something readable, go for YAML. It's a lot better for configuration.

I hate yaml. Btw xml is also suited for data transfer but we use it. I prefer using whatever i am comfortable with.

I hate yaml. Btw xml is also suited for data transfer but we use it. I prefer using whatever i am comfortable with.

Lol, you can't compare JSON to XML... :lol:

Lol, you can't compare JSON to XML... :lol:

What? Ofc you can. REST is here to replace the oldfashioned header authentication SOAP bullshit.

It is meant to be compared. You probably don't have enough knowledge on the subject though.

BTW I am taking a short break from development. Overwatch got released and i will play that thing till i get bored and jump back to development.

Thanks

"Cmon Elfo, you gonna abandon this in 1 week"

I am taking a short break from development. Overwatch got released and i will play that thing till i get bored and jump back to development.

Damn, it's been a month actually :D

What? Ofc you can. REST is here to replace the oldfashioned header authentication SOAP bullshit.

It is meant to be compared. You probably don't have enough knowledge on the subject though.

BTW I am taking a short break from development. Overwatch got released and i will play that thing till i get bored and jump back to development.

Thanks

Yeah, you have the knowledge... :lol:

Btw, SOAP is Microsoft's bullshit.