L2Jxtend **customs Made Simple**

I know there will be separate patches for the projects themselves and difference packages inside the jar for every pack in the form of mods.acis or mods.l2jsunrise .

If you are planning larger project you could make it in 3 parts:

1. Patch - everything in there would be different depending on the pack

2. Interface connecting patch with core

3. Core - the same for all packs

If you are planning larger project you could make it in 3 parts:

1. Patch - everything in there would be different depending on the pack

2. Interface connecting patch with core

3. Core - the same for all packs

Well, Leluche's L2JSaver that now passed on me is working this way! But it's seperated on Features, Core, Interface

I'm not familiar with aCis, but your current v1.0 version would require a one liner patch in scripts.cfg on L2J : a new DP scripts in scripts.cfg

E.g this :

Index: java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java
===================================================================
--- java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java	(revision 1)
+++ java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java	(working copy)
@@ -14,6 +14,8 @@
  */
 package net.sf.l2j.gameserver.model.actor.instance;

+import eu.elfocrash.mods.acis.PvpColor;
+
 import java.sql.Connection;
 import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
 import java.sql.ResultSet;
@@ -4232,6 +4234,7 @@

// Send UserInfo packet to attacker with its Karma and PK Counter
 				sendPacket(new UserInfo(this));
+				PvpColor.updateColor(this);
 			}
 		}
 		// Otherwise, killer is considered as a PKer.

Could be adressed with a listener (and I bet aCis does have that too), e.g for L2J

@RegisterEvent(EventType.ON_PLAYER_PK_CHANGED)
	@RegisterType(ListenerRegisterType.GLOBAL_PLAYERS)
	public void OnPlayerPKChanged(OnPlayerPKChanged event)
	{
		PvpColor.updateColor(event.getActiveChar());
	}

Etc... Just saying I would have done it differently actually.

Edited by Sdw

I'm not familiar with aCis, but your current v1.0 version would require a one liner patch in scripts.cfg on L2J : a new DP scripts in scripts.cfg

E.g this :

Index: java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java
===================================================================
--- java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java	(revision 1)
+++ java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/actor/instance/L2PcInstance.java	(working copy)
@@ -14,6 +14,8 @@
  */
 package net.sf.l2j.gameserver.model.actor.instance;

+import eu.elfocrash.mods.acis.PvpColor;
+
 import java.sql.Connection;
 import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
 import java.sql.ResultSet;
@@ -4232,6 +4234,7 @@

// Send UserInfo packet to attacker with its Karma and PK Counter
 				sendPacket(new UserInfo(this));
+				PvpColor.updateColor(this);
 			}
 		}
 		// Otherwise, killer is considered as a PKer.

Could be adressed with a listener (and I bet aCis does have that too), e.g for L2J

@RegisterEvent(EventType.ON_PLAYER_PK_CHANGED)
	@RegisterType(ListenerRegisterType.GLOBAL_PLAYERS)
	public void OnPlayerPKChanged(OnPlayerPKChanged event)
	{
		PvpColor.updateColor(event.getActiveChar());
	}

Etc... Just saying I would have done it differently actually.

No acis does not have a listeners system. I am actually implementing one for the xtender though but no there is no listeners system for such things on aCis.

It would be better if you include the source if you want my opinion.
Nice to see you back in l2j but I was expecting something more interesting w/e keep it up.

It would be better if you include the source if you want my opinion.

Nice to see you back in l2j but I was expecting something more interesting w/e keep it up.

But you don't need the source either way. It's all configurable. There is a reason everything is summed up in a file. Cuz people like you or others try to mess with customs and break them.

You will be surprised with the amount of help topics we are going to save.

BTW Current development state:

PVP item reward

PVP skills reward

Voiced Command Support

All of these features are coded from scratch tested and commited.

We will publish the new version soon.

I was expecting something more interesting w/e keep it up.

It started yesterday, let's wait a bit before talking about it being interesting or not.

We have already finished a couple of small custom mods as 'examples' of how everything is going to work, 'bigger features' will come after we create a listener engine and complete the project structure.

As regards publicity, there would be no point in making a simple file (jar) for the customs, we could add everything directly into the source (and things like messing up with customs that Elfo mentioned would start happening >> help topics). However, you will find after the new rev update that the configs cover pretty much everything.

Edited by An4rchy

But you don't need the source either way. It's all configurable. There is a reason everything is summed up in a file. Cuz people like you or others try to mess with customs and break them.

You will be surprised with the amount of help topics we are going to save.

BTW Current development state:

PVP item reward

PVP skills reward

Voiced Command Support

All of these features are coded from scratch tested and commited.

We will publish the new version soon.

It started yesterday, let's wait a bit before talking about it being interesting or not.

We have already finished a couple of small custom mods as 'examples' of how everything is going to work, 'bigger features' will come after we create a listener engine and complete the project structure.

As regards publicity, there would be no point in making a simple file (jar) for the customs, we could add everything directly into the source (and things like messing up with customs that Elfo mentioned would start happening >> help topics). However, you will find after the new rev update that the configs cover pretty much everything.

bad way of thinking but ok its your work

you have done other works on the past so you know better

I hardly reply on topics, I do it only whenever I see something realy good. I am impressed with your idea and your work (even if its in initial stage) and I would like to see more features in it. Its very good for guys like me which we have small knowledge of java and coding, and even adapting code for newer versions.

I use aCis last rev, its a great project thanks to TK and his teams work but if you target for a custom server you have to put the custom features you need, most times custom shares is outdated and there is no support so you have to try hard if your knowledge is in low level (like me) to adapt it, or bother other people to give you advices. So this project/extender will be massive help for guys which work on aCis and want to make a Custom inclunding project for their servers.

Congrats and keep up.

Some features I'd like to see:

Configurable GrandBosses (for example: no quest for raid them, just buy an item and go there, and more flexible options about them)

Custom System for Augments (Maybe an easy configurable augment system, f.e. allowed item skills, cancel active buff effect on unequip and such)

Maybe some events (TvT, CtF etc)

Custom Siege configs (there is an addon I found in acis comunity and adapted for my needs, you can configure siege day and time for every castle seperately)

And dont think I ask these features for my needs and make my job, I already have some of them, I just giving an advice in what would be great and helpful for guys that will use this...

I hardly reply on topics, I do it only whenever I see something realy good. I am impressed with your idea and your work (even if its in initial stage) and I would like to see more features in it. Its very good for guys like me which we have small knowledge of java and coding, and even adapting code for newer versions.

I use aCis last rev, its a great project thanks to TK and his teams work but if you target for a custom server you have to put the custom features you need, most times custom shares is outdated and there is no support so you have to try hard if your knowledge is in low level (like me) to adapt it, or bother other people to give you advices. So this project/extender will be massive help for guys which work on aCis and want to make a Custom inclunding project for their servers.

Congrats and keep up.

Some features I'd like to see:

Configurable GrandBosses (for example: no quest for raid them, just buy an item and go there, and more flexible options about them)

Custom System for Augments (Maybe an easy configurable augment system, f.e. allowed item skills, cancel active buff effect on unequip and such)

Maybe some events (TvT, CtF etc)

Custom Siege configs (there is an addon I found in acis comunity and adapted for my needs, you can configure siege day and time for every castle seperately)

And dont think I ask these features for my needs and make my job, I already have some of them, I just giving an advice in what would be great and helpful for guys that will use this...

Thank you for your kind words. This is exactly what we aim for, have a full set of configurable custom modifications, any kind, which will be easy and useful for admins.

Most of the features you mentioned are probably going to be including as parts of a larger mods, thanks.

Also, i have to say i was surprised that you actually said you have small knowledge of coding. Most of the admins out there, (want to) believe and claim that they are the top developers, while they end up posting in l2j requests.

Thank you for your kind words. This is exactly what we aim for, have a full set of configurable custom modifications, any kind, which will be easy and useful for admins.

Most of the features you mentioned are probably going to be including as parts of a larger mods, thanks.

Also, i have to say i was surprised that you actually said you have small knowledge of coding. Most of the admins out there, (want to) believe and claim that they are the top developers, while they end up posting in l2j requests.

Then it will be great work. Good work results most times are succesful when you know what you are aiming and what you are targeting for.

I dont have a reason to think that I am a developer or a programmer. I work with l2j first for learn and then for doing my hobbie. I have pay lot times for developer services, or custom addons and most of times it didnt worth it.

I am not a kid to start lie "I code java from my 7" and such, I am 27 y/o and doing this as I said to have fun and fill my free hours with something productive, and IF at some point I will have a server project that I will like and I can see that it worth it to be online I may try it.

Anyway, keep up, and I wait for further updates and revisions. Thanks in advance for your work.