L2Jpes Interlude Project

About the name, I can already give you 2 surnames depending about pack's future, as I did with L2JFrozen (L2JBroken) : Pro Experimental Sources, or Pitiful Experimental Sources. That's for if you don't like "Pauler" in the name. Those are just surnames, don't be so angry about it. It's a personal tradition I got.

>:D

I should remind for interested people than Pauler is bound to my conditions, which are explained on aCis forums, and than I repeated to him on PM discussion.

About issues, the biggest flaws on aCis rev 290 are :

• the lack of scripts (and make the cumulated fixes from rev 290 to 309 to get an idea of what I fixed). It notably misses Frintezza, Zaken & Benom and 60 scripts.
  • You also inheritate L2J IL spawnlist, which is kinda bad.
  • The geoengine got a problem aswell (but I saw you added back Javolution, probably for that reason ? It's not really needed, only for fastfix).
  • A big work on skills/formulas must be made, but it's right for any L2J (they only begun to use retail like formulas few days ago, and we can't reuse them because Freya and GF heavily edited them).

To avoid the massive stupitidy of some of the members here, I hosted a forum here.

The hosting is terrible, but it is more than enough for what we are doing for now.

You are free to register and navigate.

Regards.

Changeset 40:

Added Dimension class to make the usage of dimensions more automated.

Remember to update your datapack.

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jpes/changeset/40/l2jpes

So, I added this class, so dimensions can be used in a more automated way. It contains a bunch of functions, that will help dimension usage in events that automatically try to find a free dimension to use. Just use the same type to register events that take place at the same area so you can stop them from colliding.

Changeset 41:

L2DatabaseFactory now works with SingletonHandler.

Removed unused code and empty voids.

Removed ConnectionWrapper.

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jpes/changeset/41/l2jpes

Changeset 42:

Added admin panel at dimensions.

Re-added ConnectionWrapper.

Added more useful functions at Dimension.

Dimension now works with SingletonHandler.

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jpes/changeset/42/l2jpes

Also, I am happy to announce that i-live.com now hosts our forum, too.

The people who registered at the previous one, please create a new account at the new forum, as the old forum has been dropped.

Forum is still not finished but you are free to register, and submit your questions, your reports or your codes.

http://pes.i-live.eu/

Regards.

Work for yourself and pay yourself. Would be the best job ever.

How much u desirv for today?>:)

Im joking. Do w/e u want ^^ there are still devs who work for servers ^^ i think that's the best way to win more moneys.

Yes u'r right here. But i saw many developers boring and asking for things...

Well, they can give a hand of work to some projects and fixing them, making them stable, than will be place for new ideas too ^^

Your point would be valid only in ideal world where everything works like you think it would be perfect. In reality most developers are far from beeing developers(beeing called like that means nothing) and this is where the story ends. You know the fact that maxcheaters have only at best 4 people who should be called developers registered, means that this is just a junkyard for noobs. Every argument anyone would have in regard of any project whatsoever is irrelevant, it matters only for the project owners ego. All in all new ideas mostly mean copy pasting atleast around here, if you look at every single share or project that appears on mxc(#1 spot for acis there), its just copy paste after copy paste after copy paste and a bunch of pretending to be the most awsome developer ever(#1 spot for tryskell there). Care less and your life will be better, trust me on this one.

Work for yourself and pay yourself. Would be the best job ever.

How much u desirv for today?>:)

Im joking. Do w/e u want ^^ there are still devs who work for servers ^^ i think that's the best way to win more moneys.

So, as I agree with you with the point than developping a pack isn't make for money (I can even give you numbers if you're interested regarding aCis), you would eventually understand than I put much more love than greediness when I manage to keep my pack alive since 2y, while I could simply be paid with your arm, feet or head adding your crappy customs on your server for high bigger money.

As you can see, some people are dedicated to what they believe, others are here for money. And when I see my pack is considered as a "private pack", just because people are too lazy to share or try to understand my philosophy - it's almost free, even on paying case - makes me smile.

While Leluch is also right saying than it is thank to people who dedicates their time on sharing stuff you can open your server, my philosophy is ALL SHOULD NOT BE ABLE to access such shares. Many admins are here just for money. When it's ok from a developer point of view (he will try to code faster and easier stuff), the result as a admin can be just catastrophic for players (should I name copy/paste servers, disastrous donations, low amount of care ? I think anyone here experienced at least one of those options as a player).

I (try to) limit the creation of such servers with my philosophy, and I strongly smite people with such behavior when I encounter one.

And I'm sorry for the devception of L2JPauler's topic, I would personally hate it :P. If people could speak about the pack, rather than speak random subjects... I will stop. By Gran Kain, I swear.

@Intrepid, we're all Java amateurs. But you're free to continue to read noobs replies and stay on a noob forums ; in a sense, you probably like it, as you're kinda active on those forums and so you're part of the so-called noobs as you're here since... 2009 ?.

@Intrepid again, I got nothing to learn from someone who change of opinion (public, private, public syndrome) and drop his own GF pack after 2 weeks. I prefer to get ego (you like that word since I used it on a reply) and say to myself then the loss of my pack hurts me. Just saying.

@Intrepid, finally, a L2J pack dev hasn't to reinvent the wheel. It has to deliver a copy with as less bugs as possible. You probably lack that meaning.

Changeset 43

Just a basic manager of events that handles the registering and scheduling of events.

For now it can support global and normal events. If any events is to be in a different dimension, it should be done inside the event's behavior(runEvent() method).

Time format that is supported: 12:00,16:00,20:00 etc. For any feature ideas it should be extended to support more.

The first event that will be implemented in the next commits is TvT event, since it's one of the basic fun engines that a server should have.

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jpes/changeset/43/l2jpes

Changeset 45:

Added telnet system.

Minor build.xml modification.

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jpes/changeset/45/l2jpes

Changeset 46:

Many stuff:

- Added a fix on telnet.

- Made an EventCommons? class that contains all restrictions and general methods for all events.

- Added TvT event engine with the proper checks and configs that you can configure everything.

- Some fixes/additions at Dimension class.

https://xp-dev.com/trac/l2jpes/changeset/46/l2jpes

Also in this commit i fixed the stupidest thing i have ever made, which was inside EventManager. Now it works more advanced and properly.

Basically over my last 2 commits i have made a simple event engine which makes it easier to make an event(as regards scheduling and organization) and it will be extended too. Actually i was planning for an in-game admin menu to be able to run and configure events from there.

In the next commit: Fence packet & support.

Continue like this guys!I love watching the timeline(I dont know coding,but when i see changes and adds i just can sit and watching them for a hour!)

What ? lol'ed hard.