aCis - another CRAPPY interlude server

Tryskell

Tryskell, i have one question: After most of work on aCis is done and there will not be much to do, aCis will become something like a 'close private project, for private use'? I know that on Interlude there will always be something to do, but when most of interlude stuff work there won't be that much...

Or are you planning to make it open source again when most of the things are 'done'?

Tryskell, i have one question: After most of work on aCis is done and there will not be much to do, aCis will become something like a 'close private project, for private use'? I know that on Interlude there will always be something to do, but when most of interlude stuff work there won't be that much...

Or are you planning to make it open source again when most of the things are 'done'?

penultimate question

http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?topic=1093.0

i expected u to know how to read at least.

acis for kids with $

l2jfrozen for all

Retard answer, but I guess you wanted to be flamed :P. Judging by your answer, you simply have no clue how the current system of aCis is working. Take some time to learn to read (stop vodka* && go to school ?), and perhaps come back later. Haters gonna hate...

@An4rchy, the system will be used as long as the pack needs it. It's not (and never) intented to be private.

Next step will be to open pack to ppl who want to open a server with it (special membergroup named "Pack User", with SVN/Timeline access). I want to control the flow of servers using aCis, in order those servers contribute too to make aCis a better software. Which means admins of those servers share bugs reports of their own forums.

So to resume, a "light" version of L2DC system (I don't ask to ppl to be java devs or whatever), and anyone is welcomed (from the moment he helps aCis and his intentions don't go versus aCis).

* You're right, that's crap, as you just said some too

Hy there,

First of all we want to wish you a Happy Christmas along your close friends, family and persons you love. We wish that all your dreams will become true in this night.

Beside this, aCis is making 1 Year (Hurray !!!) and Because of You !, dear member, we are still here in order to support your favorite Chronicle Interlude.  With this, aCis community take a new Look and new Hope, again, for YOU ! dear member.

So we wait you on our forum ( http://acis.i-live.eu ) to celebrate with us !

oh, and i almost forgot, 1 Cookie is waiting for you ;)  come and get it.

( http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?topic=1256.0 )

Best wishes,

aCis Team

1yearcelebrationacis.png

So, here we are.

One year is gone since the first public release. Many things have be created, corrected, fixed, tested & searched.  What begun by a simple individual one-man project became soon an international project followed by thousands of people. In the little world of L2J, between sharks selling crappy shits and free packs whom heart stopped to beat, aCis bornt from the void.

The void, not really. From the latest decent emulator for IL, by the creators of the initial project. From that fully bugged piece of trashing shit latest revision, interrupted in the beginning of 2007, many things have been made : 220 revisions of aCis have been released, each one fixing multiples issues, improving the pack in one or another way.

The main trend was (and still is) simple : giving you the power to make anything you want from a vanilla pack. You're right, a blank pack, allowing faction system, events engine, or any other gameplay you will decide. No one have to decide what you want for your server, except... You.

Those revisions couldn't be possible without you. Testing, reporting issues and grabbing infos... So many things to do in order to make the pack complete. That work can't be made by one man, and that's the reason I decided to change the system, in order to wake up sleeping people who thought they had to wait in order to get a good pack. All that in the hope to bring aCis another life, in order people got access, one day, to a powerful and reliable pack.

So Crappy X-mas to all, and long life to aCis : "the show must go on... And cookies have to be cooked".

Tryskell.

FAQ about aCis "contribute2use" model : http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?topic=1093.0

Last revisions : http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?topic=30.0

penultimate question

http://acis.i-live.eu/index.php?topic=1093.0

i expected u to know how to read at least.

My questions is not answered in this:

Q : does aCis will be free as before in future ?
A : If that new model is a success, it will surely stay as long as the pack needs it. Understand that system is made for normal users to react and to avoid leeching.

@Tryskell

Thanks, i got it :)

No it was because all of you stole codes from the SVN without giving credits.Project is considered open-source for those who are willing to help to its development.

No it was because all of you stole codes from the SVN without giving credits.Project is considered open-source for those who are willing to help to its development.

Ye and not only that.

If you think about it more,it will decrease a bit the kid servers.

Since it will go -1 freeleech project,only serious devs will take it = less noob servers.

I haven't checked this pack yet, but as you wrote in this topic this is "clean pack, it may be applied for low/mid/high w/e server" (while other ppl said it is perfect just for low/mid).

So for high rate you have to configurate it for your own... How to make it well without source code? lol?