Lineage 2 will die if admins continue scamming the community

Copyleft

GFPTDfh.png

Greetings, dear friends.

Nice image, right? Bait title, too.

Now that I have your attention, please read.

---

As a server admin since ~2010, I've seen the rise and fall of Lineage 2 like few others. Over the years, I've watched the popularity of this game decrease, and the decline in players is very noticeable. The data from platforms like Google Trends reflects this reality, with Lineage 2 losing about 10% of its search volume year after year. We are at an all time low of -97% from the peak. It's not just a statistic; it's the reality of the amount of new servers, developer innovation, and online players too.

We've long lost the battle on graphics to other games. What other things do we have an advantage over other games? The gameplay? Every game is unique, so that doesn't count. It's all about us, the community and it's ecosystem, how we interact with each other. There's no other point. Lineage 2 is in a dangerous spot because the community is constantly diminishing because of corruption and a lack of integrity from admins, developers, clan leaders, and big donators.

But this post isn't about giving you sad info; it's about creating the future for Lineage 2 with determination and hope. It's a call to action, a motivational post to all developers, administrators, and players who still care about Lineage 2. The time has come for us to step up, to be better individuals, to stop scamming one another, and to reignite our passion for this amazing game. The fate of Lineage 2 rests in our hands, and together, we can breathe new life into it. If you don't care about this game, please leave. Leave so we all can have more fun without you around.

Those of us who are all still here, are here because at some point in time, we saw greatness in Lineage 2 and were really impressed by that. Lineage 2 is more than a game, it has evolved into a whole ecosystem (and this forum is part of it) - and not only admins and developers are responsible for its growth or decline, influential players like big donators and clan leaders are responsible too.

The biggest problem I see is that players are tired of getting scammed, and servers are fucking booooooooooring, mind killers. The game is 20 years old, why are so many of you still hating on stuff that deviates from retail? Don't you want some innovation? It's always the same story. Hype a new server up, extract money, close shop, repeat. There's very few legit and innovative servers around, and you, as an Admin - could take advantage of that; and as a Player, why are you not protesting? Why do you keep playing shit servers? Why are you okay with getting scammed?

I don't need to put out specific examples and roast specific server admins for being absolute pieces of garbage for repeatedly scamming the community over and over again, never improving the server and making it all about advertising. Same goes to the supporters and promoters of such servers. We all know who those are, and I'm not interested in these people, they have damaged the community enough. I think it's best to just ignore them, don't give them any attention at all. In crypto this is called pump and dump. The same happens with the game's industry, overhyped, overpriced garbage gets pushed in front of illusioned people who then get scammed. Think Diablo 4.

---

The power is yours. You have the power to change things. You have way more power than you think. As an Admin, stop scamming people, make truly unique servers people want to play and create a community around it. As a Player, demand more quality for your time, reject servers whose only intention is to get your money. They don't care about you, they just want your wallet. Stop getting scammed. And just as important, stop asking for corruption to admins. Yes, you are part of the problem if, as a player, you want an unfair server. As a gamer, stop eating shit from Blizzard and similar. Support independent studios and devs who truly care and give you tons of fun. Don't trust the big media, just like you wouldn't trust some voting sites (not naming any, but if you know, you know).

The way I think is most beneficial for Admins and Developers to see themselves is as Guardians of the community, not as exploiters. Gain your community's trust and give them what they want, you will be happier and richer. Develop truly useful stuff that will make everyone's life better. Infuse joy into everyone's life.

Scam servers do LESS money than you think, and damage the community MORE than you think, too. How many friends do you know that have quit L2 after donating when a server is closing? Long term servers give more value to players AND more money to admins. Who wants to constantly advertise new openings? Who wants to constantly wipe all the player's progress? It's extra work for less money. Outlast your competition and have fun with all the extra money for less work that you'll get. Players will also appreciate you for not deleting their donations every 2 weeks, which is what most servers seem to last. Shitty servers that wipe often and keep all the donation money make players donate LESS on your own and other servers as they are insecure that their donations will last a long time. Same happens with commitment and wipes. Players will reward you for your consistent updates, not for your consistent wipes.

---

OKAY. PLEASE. If you want Lineage 2 to continue being on life-support and eventually die, continue as you are doing, that's where we'll go as a community. If you want L2 to get up and walk again, maybe even run - one could hope that one day it might even fly! - Go and change things. Do something better. Offer more value. Bring more fun.

Imagine a Lineage 2 ecosystem where players trust that servers will last a long time and where they will have tons of fun. Where innovation is fierce because there's SO many players loving the game and donating. Do you think we can do it? I'm doing my part, but it doesn't depend only on me, it's on the whole community.

ADMINS: Stop launching scam servers. Do what you believe is most fun, be passionate. Care for your community. Prioritize integrity, fairness, and transparency. Don't be a corrupt piece of crap. Don't pay clans to join your server. Make a server so good they'll accept stop getting paid to have fun.

PLAYERS: Stop joining scam servers. Support new, innovative, transparent servers, who care about you and don't have the sole objective of destroying your wallet. Stop asking for admins to be corrupted just for your special donation request - if you do this you are part of the problem. Demand your clan's leader to give you FUN, make them join the fun servers, not the servers where they are getting paid. Don't support Clan Leaders who use you as a number to get money from Admins when joining. Are you a sheep, blindly going to where your Clan Leader is paid more? Or do you respect your time and want to have fun in this amazing game?

I believe everyone reading this is 25+ years old. I'm 32, I've been doing this stuff for half my life. Isn't it time you set new standards for your life? We'll all be happier and enjoy L2, our own collective amazing game, more! I'd love to see new legit and fun servers pop up and be successful. We made this game into what it is today, I'm sure we can change its destiny into something we all benefit more from.

---

I am doing EVERYTHING possible to change its destiny, and to change the gaming industry. I mean what I say. Be like me and create a better world. Reject scam servers, build fun and amazing servers. I'd like to be kept accountable for what I write. My server is https://l2aqua.net , and you'll never see me do any of that trash. Watch me tryhard to make a better world.

As a side note, I'm not only doing this for L2, I'm also doing this for another different MMORPG genre.

I hope you all step up your game. We will all benefit from it.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

People have said l2 is dead for 15 years so yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People are still here because of nostalgia, not because "at some point in time, we saw greatness in Lineage 2", l2 is objectively a shit game these days but we played it when we were young and it's just nostalgia for the good old days.

Admins will always keep launching scam servers because it makes $$$, additionally if you make anything custom or innovative players won't join it, so no one is going to invest time and money into launching anything new and innovate in any way at all because you're punished for it in this community not rewarded.

Players will always join scam servers because they go where everyone else goes like giant flocks of sheep, the big clan leaders are paid by scam server admins to join their server, so then the players follow the clans, that's not going to change because it works, pay the clans and you get players which then gets you money.

There's no saving it, this is where we are now and that's it, nothing will change for the better because the community as a whole doesn't want anything better, if they did they'd do something about it.

I like your words, and I agree with them. But it's still an advertisement.

I was looking for a good project, and I realized it was hopeless and started playing the official...

What about your previous server before 2 months and now reopening with another name?

It also lied in the advertising that it was L2OFF.

https://www.elmoreden.world/

3 hours ago, Anarchy said:

Admins will always keep launching scam servers because it makes $$$

Yes, it makes money. Legit servers make even more, but very few realized it yet. Take the opportunity!! I know I am

3 hours ago, Anarchy said:

There's no saving it, this is where we are now and that's it, nothing will change for the better because the community as a whole doesn't want anything better, if they did they'd do something about it.

I'm part of the community, and I'm doing something about it. We can do it!

---

2 hours ago, Dorie said:

I was looking for a good project, and I realized it was hopeless and started playing the official...

I don't think that's a good project, NCSoft has completely lost the plot 😄

2 hours ago, Dorie said:

What about your previous server before 2 months and now reopening with another name?

It also lied in the advertising that it was L2OFF.

https://www.elmoreden.world/

Sorry but this is just incorrect, what makes you think that's my server? First time I even hear about it. I am very open about myself and what I do.

L2Aqua is my only server since ~2021. I even gave you a history of my most successful servers at the main webpage, if I wanted to hide something I wouldn't come around here displaying my l2 admin server history. Thank you for liking my words! 💘

8 hours ago, Copyleft said:

Sorry but this is just incorrect, what makes you think that's my server? First time I even hear about it. I am very open about myself and what I do.

I'm sorry if it's not yours.

Here is why I think that someone is copying the other, or what?

- Same information on the websites.

- Both servers are not giving support in Discord, social media, etc. Only via email.

L2 Aqua

image.png.062e8cc6b8c353704ce4ffb42ff161c1.png

Elmoreaden

image.png.a5c73501b6a335096c87a733bd483a4e.png

23 minutes ago, Dorie said:

I'm sorry if it's not yours.

Here is why I think that someone is copying the other, or what?

- Same information on the websites.

- Both servers are not giving support in Discord, social media, etc. Only via email.

L2 Aqua

image.png.062e8cc6b8c353704ce4ffb42ff161c1.png

Elmoreaden

image.png.a5c73501b6a335096c87a733bd483a4e.png

Elmoreaden copied L2Aqua
L2Nemeziz did the same and a few other servers

I mean its ironic that the majority of the playerbase and fans are sat in a cheaters forum and the same complain about scams. No offence 🙂

For this reason of community dying is exactly why I'm working on a community server for casuals. I would say almost all of my old L2 friends, want to play but don't have the time, and are willing to play once per week (This is never enough on normal servers).

Very niche, however with this format you can come along and attend the server weekly like a club and just enjoy.

There will be none of this scamming, hiding from the player base and no silly corruption. In fact all of those would be difficult in this type of server.

Anyone that wants to get involved let me know I can send discord link. or just google L2 casuals.

The same topic comes up time and time again. The "end" of L2 isn't due to the server administrators or the type of servers they create. It's largely because as adults, we struggle to find the time for economic and social stability. The reason I don't play L2 isn't that the servers are shit. On the contrary, many of them introduce fresh content in both PvE and PvP, bringing innovative ideas to a game that's 20 years old. The real barrier is lack of  time our life demands. I can't commit 6-7 hours daily just to make consistent  progress to keep up with the meta and not  to find myself lagging behind a week.

This isn't only on l2 but with the  general idea of mmo. In the past five years, I've bought games like New World, Diablo 4, WoW, and Final Fantasy 14. But often, I find myself leveling up at my own  pace and mostly solo since my friends and I have different schedules. So, what do I end up doing when I feel like gaming? I typically boot up a MOBA or FPS, play for a couple of hours on Discord with whoever is available to play, then shut down my PC and call it a day. 

Additionally, to stay on topic, I believe we're currently in an era where there are several stable projects for players to enjoy. Examples include Reborn, Classic Club, Talking Island, and Gold, just to name a few. As for the Aqua project, I've observed its launch and closure occur at a similar pace as those scam servers you've mentioned. 

You can't simply point fingers at others for your own shortcomings it's important to take responsibility and learn from your mistakes.

23 hours ago, Copyleft said:

GFPTDfh.png

Greetings, dear friends.

Nice image, right? Bait title, too.

Now that I have your attention, please read.

---

As a server admin since ~2010, I've seen the rise and fall of Lineage 2 like few others. Over the years, I've watched the popularity of this game decrease, and the decline in players is very noticeable. The data from platforms like Google Trends reflects this reality, with Lineage 2 losing about 10% of its search volume year after year. We are at an all time low of -97% from the peak. It's not just a statistic; it's the reality of the amount of new servers, developer innovation, and online players too.

We've long lost the battle on graphics to other games. What other things do we have an advantage over other games? The gameplay? Every game is unique, so that doesn't count. It's all about us, the community and it's ecosystem, how we interact with each other. There's no other point. Lineage 2 is in a dangerous spot because the community is constantly diminishing because of corruption and a lack of integrity from admins, developers, clan leaders, and big donators.

But this post isn't about giving you sad info; it's about creating the future for Lineage 2 with determination and hope. It's a call to action, a motivational post to all developers, administrators, and players who still care about Lineage 2. The time has come for us to step up, to be better individuals, to stop scamming one another, and to reignite our passion for this amazing game. The fate of Lineage 2 rests in our hands, and together, we can breathe new life into it. If you don't care about this game, please leave. Leave so we all can have more fun without you around.

Those of us who are all still here, are here because at some point in time, we saw greatness in Lineage 2 and were really impressed by that. Lineage 2 is more than a game, it has evolved into a whole ecosystem (and this forum is part of it) - and not only admins and developers are responsible for its growth or decline, influential players like big donators and clan leaders are responsible too.

The biggest problem I see is that players are tired of getting scammed, and servers are fucking booooooooooring, mind killers. The game is 20 years old, why are so many of you still hating on stuff that deviates from retail? Don't you want some innovation? It's always the same story. Hype a new server up, extract money, close shop, repeat. There's very few legit and innovative servers around, and you, as an Admin - could take advantage of that; and as a Player, why are you not protesting? Why do you keep playing shit servers? Why are you okay with getting scammed?

I don't need to put out specific examples and roast specific server admins for being absolute pieces of garbage for repeatedly scamming the community over and over again, never improving the server and making it all about advertising. Same goes to the supporters and promoters of such servers. We all know who those are, and I'm not interested in these people, they have damaged the community enough. I think it's best to just ignore them, don't give them any attention at all. In crypto this is called pump and dump. The same happens with the game's industry, overhyped, overpriced garbage gets pushed in front of illusioned people who then get scammed. Think Diablo 4.

---

The power is yours. You have the power to change things. You have way more power than you think. As an Admin, stop scamming people, make truly unique servers people want to play and create a community around it. As a Player, demand more quality for your time, reject servers whose only intention is to get your money. They don't care about you, they just want your wallet. Stop getting scammed. And just as important, stop asking for corruption to admins. Yes, you are part of the problem if, as a player, you want an unfair server. As a gamer, stop eating shit from Blizzard and similar. Support independent studios and devs who truly care and give you tons of fun. Don't trust the big media, just like you wouldn't trust some voting sites (not naming any, but if you know, you know).

The way I think is most beneficial for Admins and Developers to see themselves is as Guardians of the community, not as exploiters. Gain your community's trust and give them what they want, you will be happier and richer. Develop truly useful stuff that will make everyone's life better. Infuse joy into everyone's life.

Scam servers do LESS money than you think, and damage the community MORE than you think, too. How many friends do you know that have quit L2 after donating when a server is closing? Long term servers give more value to players AND more money to admins. Who wants to constantly advertise new openings? Who wants to constantly wipe all the player's progress? It's extra work for less money. Outlast your competition and have fun with all the extra money for less work that you'll get. Players will also appreciate you for not deleting their donations every 2 weeks, which is what most servers seem to last. Shitty servers that wipe often and keep all the donation money make players donate LESS on your own and other servers as they are insecure that their donations will last a long time. Same happens with commitment and wipes. Players will reward you for your consistent updates, not for your consistent wipes.

---

OKAY. PLEASE. If you want Lineage 2 to continue being on life-support and eventually die, continue as you are doing, that's where we'll go as a community. If you want L2 to get up and walk again, maybe even run - one could hope that one day it might even fly! - Go and change things. Do something better. Offer more value. Bring more fun.

Imagine a Lineage 2 ecosystem where players trust that servers will last a long time and where they will have tons of fun. Where innovation is fierce because there's SO many players loving the game and donating. Do you think we can do it? I'm doing my part, but it doesn't depend only on me, it's on the whole community.

ADMINS: Stop launching scam servers. Do what you believe is most fun, be passionate. Care for your community. Prioritize integrity, fairness, and transparency. Don't be a corrupt piece of crap. Don't pay clans to join your server. Make a server so good they'll accept stop getting paid to have fun.

PLAYERS: Stop joining scam servers. Support new, innovative, transparent servers, who care about you and don't have the sole objective of destroying your wallet. Stop asking for admins to be corrupted just for your special donation request - if you do this you are part of the problem. Demand your clan's leader to give you FUN, make them join the fun servers, not the servers where they are getting paid. Don't support Clan Leaders who use you as a number to get money from Admins when joining. Are you a sheep, blindly going to where your Clan Leader is paid more? Or do you respect your time and want to have fun in this amazing game?

I believe everyone reading this is 25+ years old. I'm 32, I've been doing this stuff for half my life. Isn't it time you set new standards for your life? We'll all be happier and enjoy L2, our own collective amazing game, more! I'd love to see new legit and fun servers pop up and be successful. We made this game into what it is today, I'm sure we can change its destiny into something we all benefit more from.

---

I am doing EVERYTHING possible to change its destiny, and to change the gaming industry. I mean what I say. Be like me and create a better world. Reject scam servers, build fun and amazing servers. I'd like to be kept accountable for what I write. My server is https://l2aqua.net , and you'll never see me do any of that trash. Watch me tryhard to make a better world.

As a side note, I'm not only doing this for L2, I'm also doing this for another different MMORPG genre.

I hope you all step up your game. We will all benefit from it.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

From here, i can see that you've given up because your servers weren't successful, and now you're blaming the community for your mistakes.

You can't just say it's others fault when things go wrong you need to admit your own mistakes and try to do better next time.

peace

Greetings, dear friends

Just passing by to show you this gem.

I've written these words on my webpage. Scam servers are using it as their server description.

It's not just ONE server! It's more and more servers copying.

Can we please stop supporting scam servers? Thank you!

image.thumb.png.b68b8c252f3ea30109d88cc3ade4a50a.png

Greetings from the Asunder Team. We are all sick and tired of joining the same servers, which lack interest and provide the same gameplay for years. Thus, we are trying to build something innovative. We hope there are still players who are not afraid of experiencing something different.

P.S.: Using labels like "NO CORRUPTION" has been spammed so much over the years that nobody even believes it anymore... 

Have a great day, everyone!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Copyleft said:

Greetings, dear friends

Just passing by to show you this gem.

I've written these words on my webpage. Scam servers are using it as their server description.

It's not just ONE server! It's more and more servers copying.

Can we please stop supporting scam servers? Thank you!

image.thumb.png.b68b8c252f3ea30109d88cc3ade4a50a.png

This is like... Please! enter to my server! no corruption! xD... if u want get money, do other things mate, this type of marketing is...

You can take pride in the fact that other servers have borrowed ideas from yours. Many servers have adopted elements from mine, and I find that gratifying rather than frustrating, knowing that I was the first.

Many servers, including some prominent ones today - they know who they are, have consistently followed this practice. They assert that they are not pay-to-win, but in reality, they engage external markets to sell items on their behalf, ultimately generating revenue.

This has always happened, and I don't see anything new.

Years ago, there were servers that were much greedier. They would sell in-game items and even partial GM privileges to their biggest donors for the right price. So, I don't believe our current era is the worst.

This game has been around for a while, and the primary reason it's still being played is due to private servers.