Lineage 2 will die if admins continue scamming the community

Copyleft

On 9/23/2023 at 2:00 AM, Copyleft said:

Greetings, dear friends

Just passing by to show you this gem.

I've written these words on my webpage. Scam servers are using it as their server description.

It's not just ONE server! It's more and more servers copying.

Can we please stop supporting scam servers? Thank you!

image.thumb.png.b68b8c252f3ea30109d88cc3ade4a50a.png

did they get it from "your server" the one that you copied? 😄 without reading the image content

:pepe-gun:did you try to convince people that you are not here for the money?

:pepe-sheesh:but secretly you were?

:-peepo-no:you are the only one who did what i just said with "their servers"

:kim:hats off to l2j for the emulators so we can have those conversations today.

ricardo-milos-dance.gif

On 9/27/2023 at 8:46 AM, Nightw0lf said:

did they get it from "your server" the one that you copied? 😄 without reading the image content

:pepe-gun:did you try to convince people that you are not here for the money?

:pepe-sheesh:but secretly you were?

:-peepo-no:you are the only one who did what i just said with "their servers"

:kim:hats off to l2j for the emulators so we can have those conversations today.

ricardo-milos-dance.gif

well,we all know that everyone is doing it for money. And it's acceptable since you put much more effort than the usual admins.

If you're proffesional on l2 servers,i don't find a reason to not see it as a job.

Ofc it's job,but all jobs has their own prides.

I'll talk about me,i'm a guy that working 10 +/- hours per day. I have 2-3 free hours on my daily activity and sometimes i enjoy playing Lineage because nostalgia hits me everyday. If you are many years on scene,u'll understand that lineage will never be the same like old days. Days that we was gathering at internet cafes,and the battle was daily. Anyway, some people perfer to pay big clans and provide them black market with special prices and benefits that a casual player wont have. Also big clans means big wars,so server will have population even if you have zero quality. And there is some projects that wont pay those d1ckheads,so they wont join them and project need to find other ways to increase the population.

So,i'm a player that i'll donate 20-40-50 euros on every server i play,and usually i'm getting "scammed" since they re-open their server every 2 months. And the problem is that,i personally don't mind to donate few money every 2 months for my joy,but the majority of owners has zero knowledge about L2 gaming. That's why they can't fix a sh1t,and when the problems pile up,they slowly close the server and starting advertising for another one. Actually,on high rate scene mostly,is the same guy that doing it everytime. He opens his project for 1-2 months,he close it and before he shut down the server,he has already started the advertising on his next server with different name. It's just crazy and that part shouldn't be acceptable.

So yes,i perfer to support a project with honest admin team,and somewhere they have the knowledge to implent things.

Business is business,but at least as community,we should enjoy our game that we love,

cheers. 

Edited by nymmusuyz
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, nymmusuyz said:

well,we all know that everyone is doing it for money. And it's acceptable since you put much more effort than the usual admins.

If you're proffesional on l2 servers,i don't find a reason to not see it as a job.

Ofc it's job,but all jobs has their own prides.

I'll talk about me,i'm a guy that working 10 +/- hours per day. I have 2-3 free hours on my daily activity and sometimes i enjoy playing Lineage because nostalgia hits me everyday. If you are many years on scene,u'll understand that lineage will never be the same like old days. Days that we was gathering at internet cafes,and the battle was daily. Anyway, some people perfer to pay big clans and provide them black market with special prices and benefits that a casual player wont have. Also big clans means big wars,so server will have population even if you have zero quality. And there is some projects that wont pay those d1ckheads,so they wont join them and project need to find other ways to increase the population.

So,i'm a player that i'll donate 20-40-50 euros on every server i play,and usually i'm getting "scammed" since they re-open their server every 2 months. And the problem is that,i personally don't mind to donate few money every 2 months for my joy,but the majority of owners has zero knowledge about L2 gaming. That's why they can't fix a sh1t,and when the problems pile up,they slowly close the server and starting advertising for another one. Actually,on high rate scene mostly,is the same guy that doing it everytime. He opens his project for 1-2 months,he close it and before he shut down the server,he has already started the advertising on his next server with different name. It's just crazy and that part shouldn't be acceptable.

So yes,i perfer to support a project with honest admin team,and somewhere they have the knowledge to implent things.

Business is business,but at least as community,we should enjoy our game that we love,

cheers. 

totally agree, the problem started with professionals who made easy to open a server, specially interlude has been abused unstoppably since you can open a server with few clicks now days making fewer players for many servers, while back in time when "compile" was a secret and opening a server was going max players but true things are changing and this has become a job but dont lie everyone knows what is going on, lying is showing desperation, better go and work. i've worked with lots of people with kids that invest huge amounts of money into this and fail while they needed the money its an addiction.

Edited by Nightw0lf
  • Like 1

I strongly concur with some opinions shared. As I've previously mentioned on different posts, it's shocking to see how seasonal servers gather this much population. However, being back in the game some months I did start understanding how the current community of L2 plays and thinks.
  It's a huge problem, but in my opinion the guilt is shared between server owners and community. To keep a long term project running (more than a year on) you need to have the equivalent community that will support the project, which unfortunately is not that big. The current player community of L2 hops on new servers with such a haste to get full and "dominate" which does indeed give a lot of activity for some weeks but after that it's just downfall, population gets reduced drastically day by day. The reason is, while the community is busy "grinding" to win on their current server, a "new" server is being advertised which most likely is from the same owner. As I've mentioned, the guilt is shared since the server-owners focus on bringing up "new" servers for the cash grab but also since the community doesn't have the patience to support a long-term project. Besides, let's not forget about clans/CPs being invited directly to the server with some benefits. I'll give an example. An admin opens a server, invites 3 groups (either CPs or clans) by promising them some small benefits. Those three groups will invite more players and so on. It's like an investment, they spent 5$ to earn 20$. Therefore, most admins willing to play "fair" do not succeed, except for a few. Most of us "old-timers" play for nostalgia trips and are fine with low populated servers but lets take a step back and think about the owners that really want to provide a good server, no income will slowly dry out the server and eventually die.
  Don't get me wrong, there are some great servers out there, but not everything is for everyone. I'll finish by quoting someone I saw few days ago on YouTube, he said something along the lines that we shouldn't expect fair play while we play an "illegal" version of the game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FossilGamer said:

I strongly concur with some opinions shared. As I've previously mentioned on different posts, it's shocking to see how seasonal servers gather this much population. However, being back in the game some months I did start understanding how the current community of L2 plays and thinks.
  It's a huge problem, but in my opinion the guilt is shared between server owners and community. To keep a long term project running (more than a year on) you need to have the equivalent community that will support the project, which unfortunately is not that big. The current player community of L2 hops on new servers with such a haste to get full and "dominate" which does indeed give a lot of activity for some weeks but after that it's just downfall, population gets reduced drastically day by day. The reason is, while the community is busy "grinding" to win on their current server, a "new" server is being advertised which most likely is from the same owner. As I've mentioned, the guilt is shared since the server-owners focus on bringing up "new" servers for the cash grab but also since the community doesn't have the patience to support a long-term project. Besides, let's not forget about clans/CPs being invited directly to the server with some benefits. I'll give an example. An admin opens a server, invites 3 groups (either CPs or clans) by promising them some small benefits. Those three groups will invite more players and so on. It's like an investment, they spent 5$ to earn 20$. Therefore, most admins willing to play "fair" do not succeed, except for a few. Most of us "old-timers" play for nostalgia trips and are fine with low populated servers but lets take a step back and think about the owners that really want to provide a good server, no income will slowly dry out the server and eventually die.
  Don't get me wrong, there are some great servers out there, but not everything is for everyone. I'll finish by quoting someone I saw few days ago on YouTube, he said something along the lines that we shouldn't expect fair play while we play an "illegal" version of the game.

Cheers mate,i'm totally agree with you. 100%

Hey @Copyleft

Not that I'm angry about wipes you did because it wasn't anything unusual compared to other servers at that time and I didn't really invested too much time (Aeron and Skirmish = instant servers) but why did you WIPE them?

Again, I am a bit biased because I had a lot of fun on your servers and I think you had/have pretty decent files but never understood why at some point domain was down and server gone.

Now a little bit bitter part of my message to you.

Why not work on the server providing new a features to attract more players like you suggest?
You survived more than the others (comparing life time) but at the same time by changing names of servers and even admin identities/names you felt into the same bucket of OTHER admins by doing exactly the same thing.

I don't have strong proofs for all the cases but I think you are not 1oo% honest with us.

Here are some things that I still remember and I have at lest some references to.

The list of servers you claimed to be yours is incomplete, here is the first example

infernoPvP - webarchive
Using the same name could be a coincidence right? Like I said, I played your servers so I doubt because I can relate to what they offered.

image.thumb.png.0171056598b4ea252df0d89ec8707567.png

Another one.

raidfight - webarchive
Why I think it was also yours? Because your linked to this page on http://infernopvp.com/ and left a message

image.thumb.png.fe75f7472017de1592beb3909c609b4f.png

I didn't play on this one because it was too low-rate for me but followed project because I had a hope it's going to be something that you described in your first post here and btw. promised on your website following

No, there will be no wipe and seriously, I do not really care what you voted. Some of you do remember and some others don’t: I made it clear many time that I will never wipe. But you gave

source: https://web.archive.org/web/20110130045420/http://bartz.raidfight.eu/

There were several other projects offering similar gameplay for which I still have screenshots for but no strong proofs - cannot connect all the dots.

btw. nice talking to you IG
image.png.59b397f45b5d40b1b7da08ddb4a17a2d.png

I really wish you all the best with you project.

Prove me I'm wrong and this time deliver what you are fighting for and expect other to do

I might reconsider joining but for now I will respect my time as you suggested because I don't want to be scammed and just observe.

Peace!

• Like 1