L2 client error after updating drivers!

protoftw

Okay so...After updating the drivers, I'm getting this freaking error & I can't fix it. 

UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init<- InitEngine
image.png.9ad80e9f2a293369cbd0047cc1282a45.png

Before replying:
-Directx is updated.

-Options.ini deleted & tested

-Temporary files deleted.

-Drivers reverted back before update but still the same error occurs.

-Clean c6 client + system tested.

-DPI Settings changed and tested

-Compatibility on l2.exe changed and tested.

-Even without drivers the same error occurs.

Any suggestions? I'm really done trying, I've searched like 50+ forums but those solutions dont seem to work for me.

I'm waiting for your replies, thank you 😉

*I've restored my drivers and went back and forth numerous times but it didnt seem to work.
As for one last try , i've decided to try again. I've restored to a very old driver, and then decided to update my drivers again through amd.

Factory Reset Settings (Selected)
Keep User Settings (Deselected).

Also I've cleared some cache to numerous programs i use that might have to do with the resolution of the screen and it seemed to work.

Edited by protoftw
misspelling

This isn't the right section for this, but I imagine it's something with NWindow.dll or Engine.dll. Maybe try different versions?

It could also be the resolution settings in your L2.ini that are wonky

Edited by Bumble

2 minutes ago, Bumble said:

This isn't the right section for this, but I imagine it's something with NWindow.dll or Engine.dll. Maybe try different versions?

I've tried so many different files but nope...nothing happens.

Which resolution are you using on your computer? Did you see if anything weird is going on in L2.ini?

Is your graphics driver forcing certain settings for Lineage 2 now?

Edited by Bumble

I've changed to different resolutions on my pc to test if it runs but it wasnt. Currently using  1920x1080.

L2.ini seems fine.
No lineage2 is deleted from graphics card menu. I don't know man. It's so fucking weird.

19 minutes ago, protoftw said:

I've changed to different resolutions on my pc to test if it runs but it wasnt. Currently using  1920x1080.

L2.ini seems fine.
No lineage2 is deleted from graphics card menu. I don't know man. It's so fucking weird.

Try please my full unpack patch from Themida https://lucera2.com/data/LuceraTestPatch.zip

2 minutes ago, Deazer said:

Try please my full unpack patch from Themida https://lucera2.com/data/LuceraTestPatch.zip

Thanks but it doesnt work . same error again -_-

whats your build and what programs running?

l2 window fails to open

resolution fail to set

read only files?

antivirus?

alot of questions

nothing was wrong with my attitude the difference was in translation i could say "dont be an ass" or "dont be an asshole" its the same but the first is less offending and i sould have cut the word, so i apoligized but that was not a reason to remove his solution post :pepe-lurk:

its just correct way of saying in last post the solution to not be confuzing

and then lock 🔒

Edited by Nightw0lf

i mean after all this problems caused by a driver update and lineage stop working, the most possible reason is that he forgot some important driver to install, that if is installed now and he update the graphic card drivers might work?

people should first identify their motherboards

https://www.cpuid.com/

in case they dont know their models

then google the motherboards company and download full drivers, just be carefull when updating bios.

other than that if all drivers installed properly

directx is very important https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

and windows updated fully

there should be no problem at all, so its very weird

• Zake locked this topic