Adding markers for party members

Glimpse

Question

Hello,

I'm wondering how can I add from server side these markers that indicates a player.

Have seen something like that on Kain.ws server for example (dead project tho)

My main goal is to add these markers to party members so they can be more visible during mass pvp and stuff like that.

Since now I have been searching throught PartyDuel and Duel itself. Thing that might've been the closest to what I'm searching for is called "snapshot" but I'm not sure.

Whenever I changed TeamType to opposite team the color beneath has changed aswell.

What I'm looking for:

Any information how these markers are called for L2j/Mythras (High Five chronicle) servers so I can relate that to Party.java

Second thing is where can I find this marker in client (player) files?

Would love to get any hint

markers.jpg

Edited by Vision

11 answers to this question

final Player tmp = getClient().getPlayer();
        final Party party = tmp.getParty();
        if (tmp != null && party != null && party.equals(_player.getParty()) && !party.isLeader(_player))
            writeC(0x01); // team circle around feet 1= Blue, 2 = red
        else if (tmp != null && party != null && party.equals(_player.getParty()) && party.isLeader(_player))
            writeC(0x02); // team circle around feet 1= Blue, 2 = red    
        else
            writeC(_player.getTeam().getId());

this is for red and blue. Also broadcastCharInfo in Party/Disband, Leave and you are good. for different colors im not sure if its possible.

CharInfo.java

final Player tmp = getClient().getPlayer();
        if (tmp != null && tmp.isInSameParty(_player))
        {
            writeC(1); //1 for blue circle, 2 for red circle
        }
	else 
	{
		writeC((Config.PLAYER_SPAWN_PROTECTION > 0 && _player.isSpawnProtected()) ? TeamType.BLUE.getId() : _player.getTeam().getId());
	}

Thats atleast for acis.

EDIT:
Also you need to add broadcastCharInfo in Party.java on member leave, otherwise ppl will still have circles even if you leave party.

Edited by xJustMe

Thank You guys for Your activity below this post. I've tried just to add it manually but it requires few things. So since I caught Your attention here... 😄

How to add two new colors? Let's say green and yellow as it can indicate PTL and party members.

Cheers

Thank You so much guys. For my files it required a lot of refactoring since I've had the same name of method and it was making me confused everytime I called let's say visiblePlayers(). @xJustMe answer was a good hint but @andy1984 got the best solution.

Thanks so much once again

Tried to achieve the same goal today, I did it with the following line of code but it has a critical issue.

activeChar.getParty().getMembers().forEach(member -> member.setTeam(Team.BLUE));

The issue is that the effect is visible for everyone and not only for the party members or the guy that did the request (prefer the second one to be honest). Do you guys can think any solution about that? Thank you!

So let me represent You what I've done for fandC files. Hope it will help ya there
//initialized variables
private final Player _activeChar;
private final Creature _cha;
private int partyMarker;
public CharInfo(Creature cha, Player target){
   _activeChar = target;
   _cha = cha;
}
      //writeImpl() 
      final Party party = tmp.getParty();
      Player ptarget = _cha.getActingPlayer();
      boolean checkPartyPlayers = ((ptarget != null) && (_activeChar != null) && (_activeChar.getParty() != null) && _activeChar.getParty().containsMember(ptarget));
      if ( tmp != null && party != null && party.equals(_activeChar.getParty()) && checkPartyPlayers && (!party.isLeader(ptarget))){
               partyMarker = 0x01;
      }else if ( tmp != null && party != null && party.equals(_activeChar.getParty()) && checkPartyPlayers && party.isLeader(ptarget)){
               partyMarker = 0x02;
      }else{
         partyMarker = _team.ordinal();
      }
      //writeImpl() 
if(!tmp.isInSameParty(_activeChar))
   partyMarker = 0x00;
if(!_activeChar.isInSameParty(tmp))
   partyMarker = 0x00;

writeC(partyMarker);

Had the same lambda that You have used there but the value was overwritting next voids writeC. For an example when I had 4 ppl in pt all of them were in "fishing mode" 😉

14 hours ago, Ugleethyn said:

Tried to achieve the same goal today, I did it with the following line of code but it has a critical issue.

activeChar.getParty().getMembers().forEach(member -> member.setTeam(Team.BLUE));

The issue is that the effect is visible for everyone and not only for the party members or the guy that did the request (prefer the second one to be honest). Do you guys can think any solution about that? Thank you!

YOUR character 'appears' through UserInfo packet, OTHER characters appear through 'CharInfo' packet. So basically when you want one other character A to appear on someone else's B screen, you send a CharInfo with A information to B. So you have to check when CharInfo of A is created what is his relation to the player you send it to B and change the team accordingly only for the CharInfo packet sent to B and not for everyone. So basically you need to edit the method in Player.java/L2PcInstance.java that is responsible for broadcasting the player's information (usually broadcastCharInfo).

If you want YOUR character to have a circle as well, you need to modify UserInfo packet and check:

if player is in party && player party leader is player -> team is red

else if player is in party -> team is blue

else -> no team 0x00

• Upvote 1

@Ugleethyn

Setting the TeamType isn't enough, if you only do that it will be sent the same way for everyone. That's basically what does Duel.

If you check shares, you will see isInSameParty check over CharInfo, which enforces conditional appearance depending if being part of the same Party or not.

So sending the "same" packet generate different output, due to inner packet conditions.

On 12/28/2022 at 4:56 PM, Tryskell said:

@Ugleethyn

Setting the TeamType isn't enough, if you only do that it will be sent the same way for everyone. That's basically what does Duel.

If you check shares, you will see isInSameParty check over CharInfo, which enforces conditional appearance depending if being part of the same Party or not.

So sending the "same" packet generate different output, due to inner packet conditions.

it is possible to be visible only by the party?