HWID system or something

'Baggos'

Question

Hello guys,

Since I have left from everything about l2 part for the last 4 years, I just start working to open my own server just for nostalgia.

What I'm asking?

• I want if there's a HWID system (needed only for max 3 clients-windows allowed) or something to prevent the 4th client open.
  • Any code(if not hwid) that prevent to log with 4 clients with same IP (didn't care if there are people playing from internet cafe or same house.)

If payment required, send me PM.

Thanks advance!

Edited by Vision

8 minutes ago, 'Baggos' said:

Any code(if not hwid) that prevent to log with 4 clients with same IP

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/l2hellas/subversion/source/HEAD/trunk/L2JHellasC/java/Extensions/IpCatcher.java

its kinda old but with few tweeks the logic is the same as your request

ignore the fool no way you are getting any close to a HWID seed with server-side code.

I've spent at least 5 years developing a reliable HWID system

I came up with dlls that are able to generate

ACCOUNT:  33
   CPU TYPE: GenuineIntel
   CPU NAME: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
   MAC ADR:  71:4F:6B:61:B2:22
   LOC ADR:  192.168.2.2
       ADR:  /127.0.0.1
   NET NAME: {D1FD64DF-EA1E-4314-8B83-F271384E562E}
   RAM SERL: 36f10ca515a6bb5a6c8f6737d9d6c57f
   NET DESC: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V
   DRV INFO:
      C:\ FC1093A6 257992ABD4AFC5 [533235314E58304837313139393942]
      D:\ 12344567 3A87976A979A07 [533252364E58304843333433313544]
      E:\ F6335E4C D0C6A276A5357E [202020202057442D5743433346304A4A564A5235]
      F:\ 8E1D77D9 FF0D44EC644E8E [674E049604]

all these hardware serials from the client

And I regret all the time wasted.

Obtaining HWID and applying restrictions is meaningless as it will only be extra burden to players that play the game by the rules. Those that want to break the rules will find a way to do it no matter your efforts

The solution? Invest the time and effort into designing a gameplay that doesn't favor players that don't go by the rules, force the ban hammer, disable auto-register accounts

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

maybe you can get all that info from registering account on website , with some edits on accounts table you can have something like hwid protection without needing to know to edit client files ?

2 minutes ago, arm4729 said:

maybe you can get all that info from registering account on website , with some edits on accounts table you can have something like hwid protection without needing to know to edit client files ?

are you OK mate ? First of all its impossible to generate actual deviceID on the web.

even if that what the case it would only apply on first register/login no way you can associate it with the actual game client

I cant believe the words i am about to say but xdem is actually right.

you can fake everything in web, the only way to make validation in web is to ask for an email. but the downside is that a user can use 100 emails and abuse any protection based on that.

i already gave the best solution i dont see anything useful posted since then only blablah this and blablah that.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, xdem said:

The solution? Invest the time and effort into designing a gameplay that doesn't favor players that don't go by the rules, force the ban hammer, disable auto-register accounts

Thank you xdem (and others) for the answers. 

Ofc, there's no way to let it with auto account creating. But, I have 2 options about my request.. 

• The first one is that, I would like to use Active Anticheat but I want players be able to use adrenaline. The team of Act Antcheat, inform me that, there's no option to allow them to use it.. Then, this option about anticheat is off the table. 
    I don't know if Smartguard can allow the use of the adrenaline. I want to use a anticheat, I don't like the idea to let everything without protection. Big fail!
  • The second option, botting code inside of the server, like l2jzeus does. Then, I can use anti cheat.

About events or zones restrictions, I have my own idea that they can't dual-box. I didn't worry about this one.. Only about clients i'm worry about..

If I can use a botting code inside of the server, will be the best option... Nowadays, people are bored to farm manually.. I'm bored too.. Now, I checked the server files section, xdem you've create a botting system. That's what I want... You think, will be a good idea for something like that?

Ofc, if there's any way to let them pass the adrenaline, with protections, I want to know.. 

Thanks advance..

16 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

I cant believe the words i am about to say but xdem is actually right.

you can fake everything in web, the only way to make validation in web is to ask for an email. but the downside is that a user can use 100 emails and abuse any protection based on that.

i already gave the best solution i dont see anything useful posted since then only blablah this and blablah that.

Yes, web option it's a good option but only about "time". Isn't hard to use/create multiple mails to create a account. There will be a web register, but only because I don't want the auto accounts creating. 

Edited by 'Baggos'

There are many ways you can restrict multiple accounts registration .

Create a validation check by blacklisting a plethora of temp mail services. You can find huge lists online. 

You can use OTP phone verification. Services are pretty cheap , there are  many packages ready to go with any framework or custom authentication system. 

Email verification

Combine those 3 its a pretty good option to discourage many players to do something sketchy. But again you always going to have those who will find the way.  As xdem said

1 hour ago, Nightw0lf said:

smartguard gives you the option to kick, ban or allow them to play, about the code part :summon:@Kara

the fact that you two clowns have the same Java badge as me makes me want to delete existence from this forum

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, xdem said:

the fact that you two clowns have the same Java badge as me makes me want to delete existence from this forum

:pepe-sheesh:that makes you the third clown i guess,

:pepe-sus: but then if you delete your self there will be no toxicity in the forum so ... maybe think twice

1 hour ago, Seamless said:

There are many ways you can restrict multiple accounts registration .

Create a validation check by blacklisting a plethora of temp mail services. You can find huge lists online. 

You can use OTP phone verification. Services are pretty cheap , there are  many packages ready to go with any framework or custom authentication system. 

Email verification

Combine those 3 its a pretty good option to discourage many players to do something sketchy. But again you always going to have those who will find the way.  As xdem said

you overreacting here this is lineage2 we are talking about... nobody ever will pass into the stage of playing through such system and eventually the smart people who will enter the game will find an empty server and leave :kekW:

⚠️just a prediction.

Edited by Nightw0lf

Well some projects pay 300 euro for AAC with 20 euro subscription per month and client users download dlls made from some russian guy in his moms basement.  Dont mention that all  traffic pass to some uknown origin server.  I'm curious how many data those individuals have collected over the years. and in our era data worth more than gold. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m1gFQmnVcBKrMImzY0B2bI1Yw2oeL-if/view?usp=sharing

firstly u need encrypt client/server packets.

there are good example in this files.