Genre switching without relogin

Williams

Question

recently i redid my code and i change gender and update for the other players and not for me which package needs to be updated?

View from another player:

my vision:

Screenshot_92.png.39b3df74a3b33cff0ea3a3691e2f7e1f.png

On 9/27/2022 at 4:49 AM, laRoja said:

this didn't work anymore it opened a light how can it be fixed when you remove the object and put a delay it gives critical some time ago I did it this way and it didn't work

4 hours ago, Williams said:

this didn't work anymore it opened a light how can it be fixed when you remove the object and put a delay it gives critical some time ago I did it this way and it didn't work

Working on aCis 406.

Edited by laRoja

On 9/27/2022 at 5:35 AM, arm4729 said:

what you give me if i can make it work only editing server side on acis ?

you use requestrestart to relog a player without player making any client action

this sucks because it forces the client to make an actual restart, its no different that making a manual restart

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, xdem said:

this sucks because it forces the client to make an actual restart, its no different that making a manual restart

is just 3 second loading screen and bam you are now a reptilian.

53 minutes ago, arm4729 said:

is just 3 second loading screen and bam you are now a reptilian.

not really, this forces the client to switch state, resend enter world, in reality just an automated restart. Its not the real solution.

The real solution will be to emulate the correct UserInfo/CharInfo packets in the correct sequence without calling any server-sided function like decayMe spawnMe etc, its completely unnecessary since this bug is completely client sided.

I have figured a way to emulate the correct packet sequence to change one's race without stacking the animation without restarting the client or sending a transformation packet, I haven't tested but it should also be possible in Interlude.

H5 client never stucks the animation when you do a complete race change, it will only stuck if you switch from Human Mage to Human Fighter, or from FOrc to MOrc etc, by emulating a fake change to a different race for 1 millisecond, you essentially force the client not to stack the animation

laRoja share was committed with slight edit on 406, +10 cookies for him.

I set 4sec as timer, since 3sec still could generate critical (and 1.5sec 100% does it).

I won't dig deeper in that, since it's only an admincommand and the ratio spent time / interest is extremely limited.

4 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

laRoja share was committed with slight edit on 406, +10 cookies for him.

I set 4sec as timer, since 3sec still could generate critical (and 1.5sec 100% does it).

I won't dig deeper in that, since it's only an admincommand and the ratio spent time / interest is extremely limited.

If you was even a little bit serious you would know that you can emulate all that with packets instead of using expensive operations like spawnMe decayMe and storeMe especially behind tasks, no wonder why your pack is trash after 10 years of tryhard

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, xdem said:

If you was even a little bit serious you would know that you can emulate all that with packets instead of using expensive operations like spawnMe decayMe and storeMe especially behind tasks, no wonder why your pack is trash after 10 years of tryhard

Feel free to deliver a "not expensive" version of it instead of random taunting. Everytime I read you there is like 0 added value and it's a waste of time.

You're like a fucking NPC, even my scripts got a less predictable behavior loop than your.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Feel free to deliver a "not expensive" version of it instead of random taunting. Everytime I read you there is like 0 added value and it's a waste of time.

You're like a fucking NPC, even my scripts got a less predictable behavior loop than your.

I've described exactly on my previous post, you are the NPC you missed that part

13 hours ago, xdem said:

I've described exactly on my previous post, you are the NPC you missed that part

And you missed my part where I said the development wasn't worthy the spent time.

How much hours do you think you need to handle the perfect behavior - giving the fact it randomly client critical without timer - for which benefits ? It's a simple admincommand, if you spend more than 30min doing it then it's not worthy to be developed further. And that's why I never personally cared about it, since it's just QoL stuff.

I don't want to spend more than 30min to pick all possible packets from L2PHX properly, add it in the good sequence... All that to probably figured out it was impossible in the first place, because IL client is IL client and client wasn't developed to handle that stuff.

If you think you got the time and the will to do it, simply do it and share it, that will help people out there - but don't random taunt out of nothing (eg "your pack is trash") - moreover when you specifically said retailness isn't your business, meaning you got actually no clue what I'm doing and will probably never be interested in what I'm doing since you stucked yourself to rev 32x or so.

Don't be "that" randomer stucked in 2015 stating I only edit class names for fun and/or money and/or lack of skill (which, btw, was the main point of the said cycle, "organization", back in time). It's enough to read aCis changesets to understand you are wrong.

Edited by Tryskell

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

And you missed my part where I said the development wasn't worthy the spent time.

How much hours do you think you need to handle the perfect behavior - giving the fact it randomly client critical without timer - for which benefits ? It's a simple admincommand, if you spend more than 30min doing it then it's not worthy to be developed further. And that's why I never personally cared about it, since it's just QoL stuff.

I don't want to spend more than 30min to pick all possible packets from L2PHX properly, add it in the good sequence... All that to probably figured out it was impossible in the first place, because IL client is IL client and client wasn't developed to handle that stuff.

If you think you got the time and the will to do it, simply do it and share it, that will help people out there - but don't random taunt out of nothing (eg "your pack is trash") - moreover when you specifically said retailness isn't your business, meaning you got actually no clue what I'm doing and will probably never be interested in what I'm doing since you stucked yourself to rev 32x or so.

Don't be "that" randomer stucked in 2015 stating I only edit class names for fun and/or money and/or lack of skill (which, btw, was the main point of the said cycle, "organization", back in time). It's enough to read aCis changesets to understand you are wrong.

Im still using aCis 220, upgraded to H5, the fact that I like how it started doesn't mean that I like the direction it took

24 minutes ago, xdem said:

Im still using aCis 220, upgraded to H5, the fact that I like how it started doesn't mean that I like the direction it took

You basically use L2jServer.
:happyforever: