Is it possible to reload .dat files while in game?

Sybar

I'm doing a lot of work with Grand Crusade client lately and was wondering if it possible to reload .dat files while in game.

Otherwise I have to restart the client to see changes.

Cheers

client is capable of doing that, but i don't think there is any simple way exposed to trigger reload manually

dat's are loaded right after server select and client would trigger reload only after server type (classic/arena/live/etc) changed.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sure that there's a hidden way of doing it, probably only known to the original game devs.

I could potentially, debug the server, make changes in client, then without closing the game, logout and change key packet to classic, force reload of dats, then logout again, change packets to GC etc... which de facto would be more complicated than just closing the client and opening it again.

If available few languages in "Options" menu then client can reload "on fly" all DAT files with suffixes like "*-e.dat", "*-ru.dat", etc. At least all CT1.x, CT2.x clients it can.

3 hours ago, Sybar said:

I'm sure that there's a hidden way of doing it, probably only known to the original game devs.

by fast look on engine/core - doesn't seems KR made any command for that,

but it could be done with client extension, if you dont mind paying i could make dll for that, pm

On 12/27/2019 at 6:34 PM, AlmostGood said:

by fast look on engine/core - doesn't seems KR made any command for that,

but it could be done with client extension, if you dont mind paying i could make dll for that, pm

It would be good to have but I'm not yet ready to pay.

Although, thank you for the offer.