Webhost SQL Connection PHP Tester

In the beginning I thought the same thing @Rootware, that it’s useless because you can use phpinfo() or check the configuration through cpanel/plesk. I currently have some hosting plans on Namecheap. Even thought they mention php7.x I had to use this particular script to figure out that pdo_sqlsrv is not working under their servers. Even their support wasn’t aware of that either. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PARADISE said:

In the beginning I thought the same thing @Rootware, that it’s useless because you can use phpinfo() or check the configuration through cpanel/plesk. I currently have some hosting plans on Namecheap. Even thought they mention php7.x I had to use this particular script to figure out that pdo_sqlsrv is not working under their servers. Even their support wasn’t aware of that either. 

If you don't have knowledge for correct reading PHP Info table, then it's your problems.

Mine VPS PHP 7.0 properties from phpinfo() fuction.

nAyBdKyugv4Gvr.jpg

You don't really get what i just said, or you try to prove your mental disability? I said even-though PDO is listed in phpinfo() it doesn't actually work. Now why you post about pdo_mysql, I don't really know.

1 hour ago, PARADISE said:

You don't really get what i just said, or you try to prove your mental disability? I said even-though PDO is listed in phpinfo() it doesn't actually work. Now why you post about pdo_mysql, I don't really know.

PDO (PHP Data Object) it's universal interface for connection from PHP scripts to any database using special driver for specified database. All installed drivers for PDO and PDO as extension aswell available in PHP Info function.

So, you want to say even if you have installed php_pdo extension and pdo_dblib/pdo_sqlsrv drivers in PHP you will have problems with connection  to MS SQL server like your?

And in this case, what need more for configure from PHP for resolving connection issues? Give me please free of charge lesson for upgrade my glamour knowledge. Possible exists some hidden configurations (what can't be known for people like me) what in default disabled and restrict normal usage PDO for MSSQL connections except for driver compatibility with server version. Feel free to just teach me something new.

In generally, i guess you has fault with connection because your DB version isn't supported PDO driver. All describes here. Did you read this before contact to support of your Namecheap?

6 minutes ago, PARADISE said:

I tried to explain, but I’m not gonna play your game. You are free to believe what ever you want to believe.  You won. 

No game, mate. I just wonder to know where you make the fatal mistake cause named you hosting company don't provide to virtual hostings any MSSQL support.

Ok, one more time. Even though pdo_sqlsrv is listed in phpinfo() it doesn’t work on the majority of shared plans. Because their servers don’t support or they don’t have the correct extensions needed. Also you don’t have the permission to add extensions, so you can’t make it work. Now if you do it from IIS where you can actually install the extensions yourself it will work. Do you understand ?

Check https://paradised.icu/test.php

Edited by PARADISE

15 minutes ago, PARADISE said:

Ok, one more time. Even though pdo_sqlsrv is listed in phpinfo() it doesn’t work on the majority of shared plans. Because their servers don’t support or they don’t have the correct extensions needed. Also you don’t have the permission to add extensions, so you can’t make it work. Now if you do it from IIS where you can actually install the extensions yourself it will work. Do you understand ?

Check https://paradised.icu/test.php

As i said it's your problem and this script useless. In your case you tried to fix all limitation of plans for virtual hosting. Ans as i said before, the PHP Info enough for check compatibility between installed PDO driver version and your target database because all plans uses universal own stable versions of PHP and don't cares about correct configure not declared features in hosting plan. And you are lucky man if it's works now, cause the hosting company could just block all ports on the stage for prepare software for providing virtual services.

I always thinked before (around 15 years) what this is a well-known fact, but no. Exists people who believe what they can trick the hosting sellers. First of all, need to read fully description of hosting plans before payment. Otherwise you will always wasting own time for nothing and after will talk about your bad experience based on fatal mistakes on selection hosting stage. But it will hidden and published as hosting company problem.

Have a nice day!

10 minutes ago, Rootware said:

As i said it's your problem and this script useless. In your case you tried to fix all limitation of plans for virtual hosting. Ans as i said before, the PHP Info enough for check compatibility between installed PDO driver version and your target database because all plans uses universal own stable versions of PHP and don't cares about correct configure not declared features in hosting plan. And you are lucky man if it's works now, cause the hosting company could just block all ports on the stage for prepare software for providing virtual services.

I always thinked before (around 15 years) what this is a well-known fact, but no. Exists people who believe what they can trick the hosting sellers. First of all, need to read fully description of hosting plans before payment. Otherwise you will always wasting own time for nothing and after will talk about your bad experience based on fatal mistakes on selection hosting stage. But it will hidden and published as hosting company problem.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for your info but this script is not useless (for you it might be) consider average users have not your knowledge and this script will help them, they dont know about versions of sub-drivers and sql servers or how to correct them and this is normal and understandable, in conclusion you know more things than average user and you can ignore this script, but you cant call it useless because it actually helps, i would not recommend using old versions of php (before 7) speed, stability and security are very low commonly (but also depends on developer, code and usage).

7 hours ago, PARADISE said:

I created this script from the very same experience i had with some customers of denart (i help them install the panels she sells) so instead of first buy and say to her "the panels dont work", "panels = scam" and stuff like that this script helped alot to test before you buy instead of giving explanations why the panels dont work.

23 minutes ago, Rootware said:

As i said it's your problem and this script useless.

i told her to share it for the same reason (my thoughts) was to help people not to fight over it,  i find it useless my self too because i have a small experience on this field but is not cool to call it useless when others find it useful or time saver, better not leave comment and continue your life, this has been shared and it should be treated as it should meaning a "thank you" is always welcome.