distance bug

GoldenNightmare

Question

hello im using l2j lastest and i got this problem

when char got high speed this happend on normal values speed too and go to pick up or attack something in the distance this happend like the video but for other char

distance is normal for the target char client only for the active char is bug this obviously is a client packet bug but im not sure at all

https://youtu.be/AFAnAgQvh-I

if someone can help me or a dev can fix it i can pay

Edited by GoldenNightmare

6 answers to this question

Try to switch the geodata files. Recently on acis I converted l2off geodata files and result was similar in some regions, I switched to previous files and all is ok.

Got strictly nothing related to geoengine (straight line with no obstacles = no geopath execution), it's more about how the speed per tick is processed, and how the server broadcasts it to the client.

You should put adenas or whatever item to see the actual, real path compared to the path the client is doing. Sometimes you can have huge surprises.

If your offset is normal with normal speed, then it's not offset - until L2J reworked movement system lately, which I doubt, because offset isn't calculated based on actual speed, but determined by straight indicators (coliision radius of both characters + determined number if target is moving + another one for you + range of equipped weapon + ...).

Edited by Tryskell