interlude [L2J] L2 Battle Royale

Elfo

L2BattleRoyale. Quick, fun, fair.

GRAND OPENING ON THE 27TH OF JULY 17:00 BST

The server

• The game engine is designed to run infinite instanced games in parallel, so you don't have to wait to play a game.
  • Every character has the same stats.
  • Level is 1 and it doesn't matter.
  • You cannot level up (for now).
  •  Armors are COSMETIC ONLY. They give no stats or skills.
  • The main game lobby is the town of Giran.
  • You can queue for a game using the Tutorial window which is always visible in the lobby.
  • There are no classes. Instead your class is set based on the item you are currently wielding.
  • There are 5 ranks of weapons
    • D Grade: One low level skill
    • C Grade: One higher level skill
    • B Grade: An extra skill
    • A Grade: An extra skill
    •  S Grade: An extra skill
  • You gain adena in games and you can use them to buy cosmetic items.

The game's rules

IvrkZKi.png

The objective is simple. Be the last man standing in the game.

Each game has 4 phases.

• Teleport to the map
  • Game starting
  • n Circle stages
  • Game ending

Each map has a minimum and a maximum amount of players it can host.
When the minimum amount is in the queue then a game will start it's teleport stage.
If the game isn't full at this stage then people can still join. If someone leaves, the game is aborted.

During the "Game starting" stage you can run around but you cannot attack or pickup items. At the end of this stage the chests will spawn.

During the "Circles" stage you must loot chests for weapons and other items like potions and prepare for the pvp that is to come.

Two circles will also spawn. 
    - The Blue Circle indicates that if you go outside you will take damage per second.
    - The White circle indicates where the blue circle will be at the end of the round.

You have to stay inside the blue circle if you don't want to take any damage. While outside the White Circle, you will get a radar above your character pointing you to the White Circle.

Be the last man standing and win the game.

The season system

After the launch a season system will be introduced.

Each season lasts for 1 month. During this period all your stats will be recorded.
By the end of the month the top 5 players will get Hero aura and Hero Circlets, while the top one will get the Castle Circlet.

A leaderboard with all the stats will be ingame and on the website.

The weapon classes

• Rogue
  • Mage
  • Duelist
  • Archer
  • Warlord
  • Fists dude (Need a better name)

Gameplay

Here are a couple of videos showcases what a 5man game looks like

Disclaimer

This server is NOT your typical L2. It bites off the Battle Royale genre and it adapts it for Lineage2. If quick and fair pvp sounds fun then I would highly recommend you give it a go before rejecting it.

This is also NOT a pay to win server. In fact there will NEVER BE DONATIONS THAT GIVE ANY COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE EVER. Doesn't matter if you start today or in 2 months, you will have equal chances in winning.

Download the system here

http://l2battleroyale.com

For more info join us on Discord today!

discord.png

Edited by .Elfocrash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JohnBoy13 said:

well i believe in order to make it more fun. make the map bigger, for  the start at least and also add teams, maybe teams of 3-4-5.not only all vs all 

The alpha stage will start with one 5-Man map.

During the weekend a 10-15 man map  will also be added.

On Beta I will add Duos (?), but that's how far I will take it for now. It's pretty fun as it is, I would recommend you give it a try.

Edited by .Elfocrash

12 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

The alpha stage will start with one 5-Man map.

During the weekend a 10-15 man map  will also be added.

On Beta I will add Duos (?), but that's how far I will take it for now. It's pretty fun as it is, I would recommend you give it a try.

well i would but i hate interlude. since every char has 2,3 skills e.t.c maybe you should try it on a more update client like god. everything will look better and maybe you will have the opportunity to make more modifications... people apart from weapons could also pick up suits(assassin,captain) on their journey and lead their team to victory.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JohnBoy13 said:

well i would but i hate interlude. since every char has 2,3 skills e.t.c maybe you should try it on a more update client like god. everything will look better and maybe you will have the opportunity to make more modifications... people apart from weapons could also pick up suits(assassin,captain) on their journey and lead their team to victory.

this, 

your project is good, but with better chronicle will be better... or make different skills , those interlude skills are so tired already 

3 minutes ago, AchYlek said:

this, 

your project is good, but with better chronicle will be better... or make different skills , those interlude skills are so tired already 

I never said that I won't launch it on higher chronicles. I have several plans if people are interesting in it. I can't say much but I have a fully working prorotype of cross chronicle functionality (IE I play on Interlude you play on High 5 and we can play together no problem). I'm not saying it will definitely happen but I have some aces up my sleeve.

14 minutes ago, JohnBoy13 said:

people apart from weapons could also pick up suits(assassin,captain) on their journey and lead their team to victory.

Well if you read the description you would see that people can actually buy armors and accessories with the Adena they collect to fully personalize their character. Also people don't only pick up weapons but also potions, with more things coming as well. There are more things to come to keep it refreshing and the engine is developed in such a way that it's very easy for me to implement stuff.

• Upvote 1

Wow man you are legend!!

I have the same idea for L2 Battle Royale written in my notepad... but you have implemented everything already, almost just the way I imagined it.

godlike dev skill, even the circle...

I don't see why this couldnt be scaled for 100 players.

Really cool project, full support I will be interested in trying it out. Also pm me if you need ingame test, suggestions from my notebook or web design/dev

6 minutes ago, sanneh said:

Really cool project, full support I will be interested in trying it out. Also pm me if you need ingame test, suggestions from my notebook or web design/dev

The Alpha test server actually opens in 10 minutes. Download the l2.ini file, join discord and let's have some fun :) 

We just played a few games, thing is so fun and awesome. Everything runs smoothly, the queue system, the whole engine, the fights are balanced and very fun as you need to grab the best loot to survive -- strong weps, cp pots qhp pots... 

me and a friend will be online for an hour or so if somebody wants to challenge me!

First day of testing went really smoothly. The engine seems to be doing fine.

Here are some stats.

Players with the most wins

Uran                            17
apo                              11
BETTERTHANYOU    6
momeo                       3

Players with the most kills

Uran                            29
apo                             17
momeo                      12
BETTERTHANYOU   10
Elfocrash                   1

Total games played: 37

Minimum duration of a game: 50 seconds

Maximum duration of a game: Almost 4 minutes

Also here is a game with 5 people. Spoiler alert. I am bad in my own game.

Thanks for participating and giving me feedback. Keep in mind that the alpha is always on so jump into Discord and ask if anyone want to play a game.

• Like 1