Facebook Like System

melron

21 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

in the commands there are missing checks for null character missing check for command (if command equals) and the return in cases with action fail

String token = "the token";

sould be used config

String token = Config.FACEBOOK_API_TOKEN;

also you can use try with resources for results of database and make better handle on the multiple sql statement uses for better error handle

the admincommand handler has unessasary text from the ban handler :)

the config has wrong title (clan)

the html has no back button on refreshing posts

the user html does not say the likes left

I found 2 NPE's in the method checkForBigString

you could also add the config on server config

you call unessasarily the config somewhere in your code to load

asside the deprications its good :)

Thank you for your time,

As i said i created (i can say fast) because my purpose was to test it in local way thats why as i can see there are some problems :D

• I forgot it xD
  • Yes it can be done
  • i didnt focused in my c/p comments :P
  • i didnt focused in my c/p comments :P
  • I should add one ...
  • probably this one if (words.length > 2) shoukd be 4
  • Config.loadFacebook(); is used in method loadLinksAndToken (where it can be used in reload case) so i found it usefull if the admin wants to reload again the config if the token is changed just to avoid the manually config reload via admin panel. All in one :p
  • by creating new config you can handle the things easier (my opinion)

Thanks again

Edited by melron

I don't judge, no matter how fast you did it is good code and is best to make it work as good it is about the the user html does not say the likes left its used in code its missing the %code% in html only and another suggestion in the admin handler a refresh button :) thats all from me good luck and it will be perfect to see a version 2 with updates and optimizations soon well done.

2 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

I don't judge, no matter how fast you did it is good code and is best to make it work as good it is about the the user html does not say the likes left its used in code its missing the %code% in html only and another suggestion in the admin handler a refresh button :) thats all from me good luck and it will be perfect to see a version 2 with updates and optimizations soon well done.

i dont judge you too :P i apologize my faults and i like when someone criticizes my codes , im learning from that.
About the user html i had it inside and i forgot to remove the placeholder from the code just because when the user is pressing get reward a message appearing and telling how many likes have to do before get the reward. Thanks for mentioned that.

I will probly make a v2 as you said 

4 minutes ago, Sdw said:

The idea might be good as people like it, but the code is terrible

You could tell us whats wrong, what i should replace with what ? as nightwolf did ..
By your words i can only answer to you that all codes are terrible.

Edited by melron

4 minutes ago, Sdw said:

The idea might be good as people like it, but the code is terrible

the guy is learning either give tips or don't be an ass.. just to be an ass

I just said so cause there is so much "good code" comment.

Again, the idea seems good, it just needs some more work. I guess looking around at other classes, starting by keeping the variable naming policy if the pack (with proper lower/upper case and all) would be a great way to start cleaning up.

11 minutes ago, Sdw said:

I just said so cause there is so much "good code" comment.

Again, the idea seems good, it just needs some more work. I guess looking around at other classes, starting by keeping the variable naming policy if the pack (with proper lower/upper case and all) would be a great way to start cleaning up.

Strange... I didn't see anyone to criticize my code except nightwolf that helped me, but they just said good words about of what i did..
So you are saying that my code is terrible because of the naming i'm using for the variables? 

Edited by melron

Pretty nice one mate, Great Job on it 

Thanks for sharing :)

About Coding Style thing, it's pretty nice and organized for me, methods and properties don't need to be like myMethodNameGoesHere , this is just one of multiple naming conventions , the idea be multi words identifiable so myMethodNameGoesHere is same as my_method_name_goes_here is same as any other convention, programming made by logic not rules, it just takes a flexible mind to handle it, also almost all modern IDEs made to auto detect naming cases, so you doing just great :)

in the first post it says

After that search in facebook settings to change the url-name of your page to www.facebook.com/L2Tests and not www.facebook.com/HAW#$A#@

actually you only need to add the green https://www.facebook.com/L2Tests/ in config maybe this helps

11 minutes ago, Fizo said:

i've got this error mate i compile restfb then i add at lib .. and i got this error 

https://prnt.sc/h2wfgj

if you check the comments you will see that I pointed some errors did you fixed them for starters?

Edited by Nightw0lf

10 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

in the first post it says

After that search in facebook settings to change the url-name of your page to www.facebook.com/L2Tests and not www.facebook.com/HAW#$A#@

actually you only need to add the green https://www.facebook.com/L2Tests/ in config maybe this helps

I've got this error when i try to use facebook system !

EDIT: Works Perfect Thanks Nightwolf for suggestion !!! 

Edited by Fizo

well the error is telling you something about your facebook maybe you need to check your api tocken or your page is not configured properly.

6 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

well the error is telling you something about your facebook maybe you need to check your api tocken or your page is not configured properly.

fixed after made the name of page like L2TEST