high five [L2J]L2 League Of Legends

Elfosass

I would appreciate that feedback if it was "this sucks because ".

To be critical:

1) Its LoL in L2 skin? So, you have only SOME of the LoL community interested, maybe. And only SOME of L2 community interested. They don't necessarily amount to a good count.

2) Its 1 same game at the end of the day, but with a smaller community. 

3) Seems like its a blatant copy. Its ok for now, as a proof of concept. But eventually, you don't think people will start wondering why they should play on your server and not just play LoL/DOTA/whatever works these days?

Why it can work:

1) If it plays like LoL, and as I understand LoL play almost like CS with rooms and matches, then it will be easy for everyone to join and have fun.

2) If its like 1), then fights are almost pre arranged, which fits the style of conflict of the modern L2 community.

Now that I think back further, pandora-project, which was meant to be a faction server, did this. Rather than open world it had multiple match instances running. A lot of people didn't like, but thats prollly because people expected it to be a faction server instead.

Dunno, you are just taking a probabilistic approach (trial and error) rather than a deterministic approach (do whats needed).

Hence it might work or it might not. 

Edited by Epiquin

I fully support this. For all the people who say that it sucks because he is mixing 2 different games, I've a question for you...

You prefer shared interlude/gracia packs opening everyday 

or

A brand new server with real developers who will work on it to bring cool features? 

Just go away from the shared servers/packs that are launching everyday, try something new, give your best feedback if you want to see it rising. It might be interesting, you have not tried it yet, don't judge so fast.

So you decided to actually do this huh? :P

Well, gl then (on the client side).

The client side is the only part that I'm not worried about Mate. It has way more work on the coding side.

I fully support this. For all the people who say that it sucks because he is mixing 2 different games, I've a question for you...

You prefer shared interlude/gracia packs opening everyday 

or

A brand new server with real developers who will work on it to bring cool features? 

Just go away from the shared servers/packs that are launching everyday, try something new, give your best feedback if you want to see it rising. It might be interesting, you have not tried it yet, don't judge so fast.

So it's a choice of the lesser of two evils?

Proactive judgement is not bad if its based on previous faults. It's done everyday in the industry...

Edited by Epiquin

So it's a choice of the lesser of two evils?

Proactive judgement is not bad if its based on previous faults. It's done everyday in the industry...

This is done every day?

This is the first time somebody does that.

This idea sucks.

2 diffirent games, no point to spent ur time for this.

There was a server with a similar idea in the past that was pretty successful (L2 Luna, based on DotA if I'm not mistaken.)

Anyway, the project seems really fun. Looking forward to trying it myself. 

Edited by Fortuna

This is done every day?

This is the first time somebody does that.

I was referring to the type judgement and decision making, not the server.

As Fortuna mentioned, L2Luna (played on it too) was based on DOTA.

Saying it was successful is overly generous.

First of all , were you drunk when this idea came up? Otherwise you need to cut the weed. :) anyway dont give a shit about others opinion. Just keep doing what you like, even if you may fail. Anyway the concept is not bad at all, but it's difficult

Edited by JohnBoy13

Let me make some things clear.

This won't be A server you will hardcore your way through. This is an experiment and I'm not planning on making any money out of it. As you can see there are no donates really.

Now I will plan to do something with the open world like last man standing while on a hero form etc but that's another story.

For me if 50 people enjoy this then I'm really satisfied with what I did even for that tiny audience.

The real thing is that this is not lol while not being lol. That said a really skillful lol player will not be as god as a really good l2 player but as long as they know league of legends they will be able to play.

Just log in, test it, invite some friends make a ranked team and enjoy yourself.

Let me make some things clear.

This won't be A server you will hardcore your way through. This is an experiment and I'm not planning on making any money out of it. As you can see there are no donates really.

Now I will plan to do something with the open world like last man standing while on a hero form etc but that's another story.

For me if 50 people enjoy this then I'm really satisfied with what I did even for that tiny audience.

The real thing is that this is not lol while not being lol. That said a really skillful lol player will not be as god as a really good l2 player but as long as they know league of legends they will be able to play.

Just log in, test it, invite some friends make a ranked team and enjoy yourself.

Fair enough, looking forward to it.