An interesting hero system.

Recently I played a game that had a heroic system a little bit different than Lineage 2 one ( olympiad ).  For those of you that watch tennis and know about the tennis rankings this will be pretty easy to understand. Without further delay here's an adaptation of that system to Lineage 2:

The game time is divided into periods. Each period has a stable duration, ( example 2 weeks ) during which, players can accumulate points.

For each class, people are ranked based on points they accumulate. At any point in time, the person that has the most points ( Ranked 1 ) becomes the hero in that class.

At the end of each period, the points reset.

You get points by doing achievements that demand good pvp in solo or in team. Each achievment gives specific amount of points.

Achievements can be things like : Be on a clan that conquers a castle, be on a clan that defends sucessfully a castle, play a lot in pvp without dying many times, have a TVT winning ration of >0.5 and so on.

The main concept is that your rightfulness as a hero is judged by many game aspects and not just by going 1 vs 1 on olympiad.

Recently I played a game that had a heroic system a little bit different than Lineage 2 one ( olympiad ).  For those of you that watch tennis and know about the tennis rankings this will be pretty easy to understand. Without further delay here's an adaptation of that system to Lineage 2:

The game time is divided into periods. Each period has a stable duration, ( example 2 weeks ) during which, players can accumulate points.

For each class, people are ranked based on points they accumulate. At any point in time, the person that has the most points ( Ranked 1 ) becomes the hero in that class.

At the end of each period, the points reset.

You get points by doing achievements that demand good pvp in solo or in team. Each achievment gives specific amount of points.

Achievements can be things like : Be on a clan that conquers a castle, be on a clan that defends sucessfully a castle, play a lot in pvp without dying many times, have a TVT winning ration of >0.5 and so on.

The main concept is that your rightfulness as a hero is judged by many game aspects and not just by going 1 vs 1 on olympiad.

realy interesting !!! you gave me a lot of ideas ^_^  ....can you created that for IL ;

Sadly, I'm retired. On different circumstances I would probably code it. But I'm sure the younger guys are equally good to code it ;)

It is good to bring ideas for the new comers (Developers).

Sometimes, there is lack of ideas.

I like it as a supplement of the normal hero system. Like a mix of an achievements engine and a "hero pvp", or whatever, system.

I will probably code something similar as soon as I go back home.

I like it as a supplement of the normal hero system. Like a mix of an achievements engine and a "hero pvp", or whatever, system.

I probably will code something similar as soon as I come back home.

if you want i can give you a lot of ideas to make this code :D

It would be real interesting, if in the events that can give you 'hero points', you couldn't change sub-class

so each point would go into the sub-class you are playing when you are given the points, so you are trully the best one of your class =)

Well it's basically another feature in l2. What i liked from this is the fact that the player with the most points at his class is hero(at any time during the 2 weeks). That means you have to fight everyday to keep your title.

Why an hero should be decided based on the team he might have and not on his own knowledge/skills?

Why an hero should be decided based on the team he might have and not on his own knowledge/skills?

Since when clans don't feed to take their heros or try to help in other ways? xD

L2 -> feed

And I think this mod that he explained is just something more to decide who is the hero, not the only way. The olympiad points plus the achievements, all points are counted to decide the hero.

Imo the best way and the most balanced it would be to count who has taken the most pvp points in sieges at the end of the month for each month and that person will take the hero status until the month is over (classed based obviously). This way sieges will have a greater meaning. You kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Also like this the people that become Hero will deserve to become Hero.

So simple...

Not so simple cause some classes can't really do pvps. I mean we do have healers dont we ? Can't expect them to get a bow and go out there pretending to be archers ... I believe teamplay should be a factor that determines heroes, especially those in the support classes.

The general idea is interesting, however there are a few problems.

On one hand, it would be fair to say that you have to take those PvPs with your original class. If the PvPs you win with your subclasses count as well, then people will choose really weak classes in the beginning, just to make sure that there will be less competition. On the other hand, it is true that you can't expect a Swords Dancer or a Bishop to become competitive as far as PvPs are concerned, especially in a 'High-Rates' sever. Apart from that, all that is needed to make this a good feature is a person with imagination, to think of the proper "criteria", and a person to code it.

The general idea is interesting, however there are a few problems.

On one hand, it would be fair to say that you have to take those PvPs with your original class. If the PvPs you win with your subclasses count as well, then people will choose really weak classes in the beginning, just to make sure that there will be less competition. On the other hand, it is true that you can't expect a Swords Dancer or a Bishop to become competitive as far as PvPs are concerned, especially in a 'High-Rates' sever. Apart from that, all that is needed to make this a good feature is a person with imagination, to think of the proper "criteria", and a person to code it.

That's not a real problem... count the PvP's only from main class is easy as hell and 'bout the No-PvP of support class you can create an assist-system that count pvp every 2-3 kills of your party members, to you, or something like that. Then you take the points from pvp, from olympiads, from other achievements, including a 0.X multiplier depending on the achievement or if its pvp or oly point and that's it.