[Discussion]Intrepid

An4rchy

Intrepid go talk to Seth about the new c4 project.  :happyforever:

just downgrade aCis and you get c4 full retail like the official on a l2j engine :o

It sounds cool when you say it, but isn't, I'm bored to explain it now.

Im bored too, but I will tell you smth, if you guys start developing a crappy c4 project, ur results will be unmatched even with an aCis downgraded c4 developed by a single guy. This is a dicussion I had on the past with Intrepid but he denied to understand because he was too stubborn. When you want to start a new project based on an old chronicle the best solution is to downgrade, simply because all projects atm are heavilly developed and too much ahead. Starting now on a c4 is like going back 10 years

Im bored too, but I will tell you smth, if you guys start developing a crappy c4 project, ur results will be unmatched even with an aCis downgraded c4 developed by a single guy. This is a dicussion I had on the past with Intrepid but he denied to understand because he was too stubborn. When you want to start a new project based on an old chronicle the best solution is to downgrade, simply because all projects atm are heavilly developed and too much ahead. Starting now on a c4 is like going back 10 years

I tried to explain to that Seth tho, but he managed to change my opinion.

Every intelude server is a pure garbage,doesnt matters the pack.

until L2Pride c6 comes into the discussion, still based on a crappy l2jfree, it dominated

I can let interpid explain, why he doesn't want to work on acis.. but ill make it short.

First of all Acis, is done by kids really and an immature dwarf guy.(Actually they were my fanboys when i had l2jarchid) Then acis has code from everywhere specially freya, most of the pack, they have naive implementations of standardized l2j code. Its a lump of crap as a development standpoint.

Second of all, i wanna go back 10 years when the pack had the true l2j team, L2Chief, Nemesis and Luno, not these private server users turned developers like DC or _DS_ w/e the name.

In conclusion, i would of said more but i believe i got to the point i wanted, and there's not much more to say really, cause your gonna probably replay with smth stupid and irrelevant. So i'm just gonna post some quick features of the pack im gonna build with Trance and the others:

mmocore replaced with netty.io 4.x
Client packets handled in the netty.io connection thread
Server packets rewrite to make them safe and concurrent in the netty client writing thread
Dropping of knownlist and finally implementing an entity system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity_component_system
Plugin system.
Multi-client support: C6 adaptability
Code hotswap
Meta-programming support and Self-modifying code when needed, like in case of a dos attack.
(brief list for now)

And ofc, using my game development tools: https://github.com/Setekh (PS: i moved the projects to private, some of them might be incomplete).Start working on a new -beep-ing l2j Client. With deferred shading and my RavenClaw scene composer.

PS: Stop calling everything crappy, you didnt code it, and to put it differently you dont know me, between you and me there are 6 years of programming, and a knowledge base of over 6 major programming languages (C++, C and objective C, C#, Java, GLSL, Groovy, Python, Ruby, PHP ,ajax with Coffee, groovy and GWT). So don't start telling me how to do my project or name it before i do.

until L2Pride c6 comes into the discussion, still based on a crappy l2jfree, it dominated

L2jfree isnt crappy, it just annoyed the living crap out of retards that don't know how to setup maven xD

Later edit: Downgrading is turning smth that isnt into smth really retarded, do you even know how many packets op-code have been changed? and how many htmls or other static data? I'd rather code my own emu from ground up (which i did - for mu online) then editing like a fucking robot a thousand files and checking more, think before saying smth like that jesus >.>

downgrading packets is fun, reworking from scratch what other teams have done years ago is sad xD

please....just keep your shitty useless opinion for yourself...your stupidity is annoying and it kinda makes me angry