[Interlude] L2Jhellas

28 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

Let's see for how long

heh.

don't forget that i am stand alone, all those years  i had no help from you or from someone else who know how to programming,(i am not talking about my team) "the outer circle" ,i will be glad if someone else (including you) will help. :) as you know this is my hobby i am not doing it for money. 

It's never bad to get some competition, so good luck. I hope those 3 "lost" years will translate to a boost of quality.

Edited by Tryskell

13 hours ago, Tryskell said:

It's never bad to get some competition, so good luck. I hope those 3 "lost" years will translate to a boost of quality.

Thanks, alrthrough I would suggest you to update acis to that if you did not update it yet: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/l2hellas/subversion/commits/508

5 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

Thanks, alrthrough I would suggest you to update acis to that if you did not update it yet: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/l2hellas/subversion/commits/508

No reason to use 6 when there is 8, and if it's edited, it would be with the ConnectionPooler (= L2DatabaseFactory).

If you make a WORKING combo HikariCp + mysql connector, I commit it. It's not the connector which will boost performances.

Edited by Tryskell

2 hours ago, Tryskell said:

No reason to use 6 when there is 8, and if it's edited, it would be with the ConnectionPooler (= L2DatabaseFactory).

If you make a WORKING combo HikariCp + mysql connector, I commit it.

I have a hikari cp/mysqlconnector 5 patch from 2015 but internet says hikari is unstable i did not test it with 6 or later, here take a look

Edit to reply on your edit

It's not the connector which will boost performances.

Actually theoretically is (this is the reason I tried to test hikari in this patch), asside the code and how much you use it if the base is "crap" everything works with the "crap", I am not sure how many classes use database connections in a project, but lets say 40% of total classes most of them are on server load so lets take this out of the performance so the communications with the database after server load will be 5% of total project classes this 5% is crucial for server stability and response to clients so it might look small but it will boost every server/client interaction of every client, what do you think about that?

From my tests back in the days late 2014 I noticed big performance difference with HDD ofc (now on SSD its just milisecs), talking about player actions that cause the use of database, with timings sometimes reach 1-3 seconds for lagging but 0.3 and 0.2 msecs less was what I had achieved with live version of hellas and the test version via local network (stupid but wire and wireless tests), to sum up I think the connector can boost performances.

Edited by Nightw0lf

It's not the connector which will boost performances.

Well this is just wrong. Ofc the connector can boost performance in multiple ways.

8 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

Well this is just wrong. Ofc the connector can boost performance in multiple ways.

Make some graphs and come back later.

Hikari is problematic as fuck i replaced it in my older freya project after 3 hours of usage. There is no performance at all since SQL is already way too fast.

Make some graphs and come back later.

Don't need to. It's just facts. Libraries can have performance improvements by definition. I'm not saying this specific one has them, but it's undeniable they it can have them. It also means that performance can actually be worse after an update for various reasons, even though this is unusual.

Edited by Elfocrash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kara` said:

Hikari is problematic as fuck i replaced it in my older freya project after 3 hours of usage. There is no performance at all since SQL is already way too fast.

https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP/wiki/"My-benchmark-doesn't-show-a-difference."

6 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

So basically the inner-configuration is well structured in Hikari and it doesn't create a flood. In terms of speed there is no huge difference to switch right away as i can see.

5 minutes ago, Kara` said:

So basically the inner-configuration is well structured in Hikari and it doesn't create a flood. In terms of speed there is no huge difference to switch right away as i can see.

If that's what you understood, I can't help you. At this point it is known that Hikari is the way to go in terms of connection management and performance with Tomcat JDBC being a close second. c3p0 is considered legacy software, it's not really maintained actively anymore and everybody who's doing something serious in the industry has moved away from it.

On the other hand l2j is not considered something serious so c3p0 is good enough, because nobody really knows much about data in here.

Edited by Elfocrash

2 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

If that's what you understood, I can't help you. At this point it is known that Hikari is the way to go in terms of connection management and performance with Tomcat JDBC being a close second. c3p0 is considered legacy software, it's not really maintained actively anymore and everybody who's doing something serious in the industry has moved away from it.

On the other hand l2j is not considered something serious so c3p0 is good enough, because nobody really knows much about data in here.

We said the same thing using different words. Seem like hikari is the way to go in terms of management of connection but speaking of speed the difference is small i don't see why you wrote "if thats what you understood". I didn't say it's trash i said back when i tried it, it had many problems. (in 2016 or so i can't remember exactly) and i didn't notice any difference. Maybe i didn't knew for the con handling performance and i just tried to compare speed.