[Discussion] What annoys you in custom l2j servers ?

First of all, my apologies if this is not the right section. Lets hope it is  ::)

To the main point:

When i speak about custom l2j servers i mainly speak about highrates with easy gear and custom features like special buffers/gatekeepers/events/commands or more advanced things. It's a common knowledge that highrates have a very short life expectancy for a couple of reasons some of them being gameplay abnormalities that piss off the players.

From the developer's perspective i thought about writting in here the things that annoy us the most so as we get a better image on what players want, and where we are failing to ... pleasure them. I'll make the start:

Dislike:

1)Difficult and endless farming: Low drops, very strong monsters.

2)My class sucks ass all the time as if the server staff didnt take it into consideration during design.

3)Missing geodata.

Like:

1)Endless pvp.

2)Large range of useful classes.

3)Difficult team raid bosses.

4)Easy monsters.

5)GM hosted Events.

Keep it up :) Add the same things too if you agree.

First of all , lets say that there are a lot of home-maded servers and will always be ...!

So, i will not mention about this kind of servers because i will writing till tomorrow ...

I dislike :

Boring and hard Farming

Changes on retail olympiad period ( 1 month )

Custom un-balanced skills and generaly custom items (tatoos with special stats etc etc...)

Extreme donate rewards that will destroy the gameplay

I like :

Un-stoppable  pvp's

Raid Boss Hunting ( With clans or Friends so full working Rb's )

Some auto events ( 1-2 full working with normal re-wards )

Anti-feeding/boting systems

Enjoyable farming ( I also like Pt Farming with Healer )

Mine:

Dislike:

1). Too colorful items.

2). Missing basic retail features.

3). Large differences between items stats.

4). Monsters template for npcs.

Like:

1). The most important thing is staff organization.

2). Casses like sws, bd, prophet, etc. should be playable (pvp & farm).

3). Easy raidbosses in farm areas (1 party or more - with tank and bishop), epic raidbosses to deal with two or more party.

4). Easy monsters for newbies and also strong monsters for party / clans.

5). etc.

- easy progression kills any gameplay, that's a "not so known" fact. When leveling grinding is kinda boring, it should be enough hard to got a long lifetime (on a very high rate you stay like one month max, on a middle you can stay from 4 months to 1 year, on a low rate you can stay 2 years + depending of server quality).

- you should always have something to do, both for pve and pvp boys - that can be events, grinding, etc. If you log ingame and you have nothing to do, you will lose many players after some times.

- gameplay must be original, else that's a no point to play on your server.

- customs items kill original gameplay, so glowing unbalanced shits => []

- when donators are needed for the server's health, generally donation list is focked up.

- original pvp gameplay haven't so much to tweak to be playable. If you give free access to all buffs with 60 hours, lose hope to make any decent balance (I guess you know magical critical rate can reach 30% with 3 buffs). Or you have to tweak each buff one after one... What's the point.

- support classes can and should be playable if previous point is respected. If you begin to drop 1/3 of classes, what's the point to PvP.

Dislike

- Server staff (LOL)

- Bitching (15- year old) players.

- Custom systems or textures that end up fucking the game client.

- That I mostly know more about the server software than the owner/staff...

- Stupid vote rewards (made for freaks and bots)

- Corrupted GMs...

- "Class balance" that end up fucking the game... some nerfing could be fine...

- That everything in game cannot be obtained for free and some shit is only available by donations.

- That you aren't sure if the server will be up next month week.

- Zillions of useless NPCs (Monsters templates for npcs !!)

- Lag and missing GeoData.

-

I like:

- Awesome unseen custom events.

- Revamped areas with new monsters in a better way than retail.

- Massive PvP, getting to know your enemies by fighting :D

-

I'll add more with the time... I'm kindda waking up at the moment :p

Dislike :

- First of all every server out there doesn't have a facking concept.

It will be (farm for 1 day and you are full) or it will be a copy paste from another server.

- Nothing constructive,2/3 of servers out there they don't even test their own server.Max 2 days of test

- Admins without a knowledge of lineage,so how they can manage a server? I know a guy experienced on java too much,but he has long time to join lineage,of course with result to have a fail concept with max 20-30 players.

- 4-5 custom zones on all servers. How the hell to have a good pvp? All players will get splitted with a result no pvp.

- Everywhere the same gatekeeper(mainly the htm) :P .I'm tired of this.

Like :

- A staff that achieved to put on pvp/sieges all the classes,even summoners.

- A concept late end-game otherwise it will fail soon.But to have the ability to play pvp even if you don't have full gear.

(talking for high rates mainly)

Dislike :

- Tons of shitty customs who destroy the balance of the game.

- Farm is too easy and server is dying in a week or less.

- No beta at all, so server is full of bugs.

- 10 yo admins or if they are older they don't know a shit about l2, they just have some experience on java.

- They use only shitty packs like l2jfrozen or l2teon or all these known trashes that you can find easily.

Like :

- Some nice events like capture the flag or zombies or things like this.

I Like:

1)Difficult and endless farming: Low drops, very strong monsters.

2)My class sucks ass all the time as if the server staff didnt take it into consideration during design.

I Hate..:

1)Endless pvp.

2)Large range of useful classes.

3)Easy monsters

4)Missing geodata.

Dislike:

1- High players facking low one's in any zone... (Protect the newbie!)

2- To much custom stuff and lot of them only paid. (Donators are the health but not a donation exclusive).

3- Overpower custom items & stuffs. Get one and become god ¬_¬!

4- Bugs of health, Mana, Patk, and others s.h.i.t.s ... 300kkk of HP??? O_O

5- In a Week (or worse, a day) get all the stuff around here and there...

6- Any class can buy any skill...

7- Only adena in drops... Where the h.e.l.l are the Warmish???

8- Without classes stackable (a love sub stack system ^_^)...

9- Overenchant ( > 15 or unlimited) making one hit and die in critical...

10- A year or bit less to start of be a decent player (items, armor, weapons and more)

11- Gk to everywhere...

12- Condemned cities because of lag caused by vendors...

Like:

1- Events...

2- Stack classes...

3- Buffers in town

4- A lot of people to talk, play, pvp, and others...

5- Trader Zone for vendors. (not a city).

6- Get everything by others medias. Like GMShop with goldbar and others.

Dislike -

-repetitive progression. Some high rates make you start from zero, and you have to maintain adena and so on so you could by gear for 10 mins use. Mindless time wasting.

-Repetitive farm. Same mobs that with awful combat. There is so many interesting sh1t in the client, how come no one ever bothers to find something cool?

PvE should be fast and competitive. Mobs should die fast and there should be lots of them. Not very great drop rate, but once you get in the rythm its not like: target, /attack.

-Spammable MP pots.

-lack for need of support classes.

-small consumable related stuff. Farming for attributes, having to click sh1tloads of stones to get max elemental protection, high enchant rates but high max enchants.

Copyleft did the right thing on skirmish - one click attribute stones, and less fuss with enchants.

Like:

+Diversity I guess. I'm fine with custom stuff as long as it makes sense, and anything that supports competition and makes people want to compete. This includes items/consumables, systems...

+Events, custom PvP system, something to brag about. Like how you did on retro with the battle points and such. And your previous servers where you got "achievements". Like half-kills bonuses and so on. It made you feel important, that your effort is acknowledged. And made you feel competitive.

I generally just like servers that make sense. If it's a high rate it does not make sense to have to start from 0, have to buy d grade weps, have to buy shots and potions, level up to get buffs cause you can't pay for Custom NPC buffs... This is just prolonging the inevitable - players realizing that your server is actually crap once they reach end game.

If it's a PvP server, farming mobs that have 3kkk HP does not make sense. It is likely not hard, just takes too fucking long. PvP existing outside of PvE is crap too. How come most pvp servers have just pvp in oly and sieges? And some times events...

InfiniteL2 had a stable source of PvP. It is streamlined enough for PvP, and does not give up on PvE. PvP comes first, not just by words, like some lousy admins claim "Hey we PvP servr but have PvE too for make good" - you log on and you start at 0...

P.S. I completely agree with Tryskel and FighterBoss

Dislike:

- Class balance word, just few changes.

- Custom Items/Skill/Armor/Weapon

- MP pot with over than 500 power without reuse

- High Enchant rates

- Items avaiable only by donations

- Staff member with char in game

- Too much easy farm

Like:

- Autoevents (not only TvT, but deathmatch and maybe CTF also)

- Mass PvP

- Good action siege/territory war

- More playable classes.

This a great thread and I have already taken some really good information from it. Some of you may have seen my upcoming Interlude server post. While it is running OFF I believe a lot of what you guys are saying here still applies. I will be watching this thread closely! If you have any ideas you would like to see applied to our Interlude server please let me know (I have already taken a couple Ideas from here to make our server better).

Thanks!

Faith

• 3 weeks later...