aCis - another CRAPPY interlude server

Tryskell

amazing project, cant wait for a proper stable version

The only problem of aCis is when I refactor, I delete old content. Currently, I'm on quests. In past, skills have been refactored in around 4 months, doing 1/2 alone (other part was my fans :D). Then I have been helped for items, and zones, which take around 2 weeks for both (only, for a full refactor including 1011 zones. L2J IL got around 300 zones from memory.).

Comment of the story is : if you want it goes faster, begin to move your ass and help to become number one :). You prepare the future in the present.

People "waiting for stable revision" could be surprised in the future if the current trend continues. I need help and reports now, not after. After, that means I could corrected it in past touching to another file or refactoring another thing. After, it will be too late.

One "surprise" is obvious. Doing all alone will eventually make me think project isn't so popular, and eventually close it.

Another "surprise" is logic too. Waiting I work alone, means it will take a big amount of time, and for so, you can say basically "bb" to your aCis server. Just to give you an idea of the current work talking of quests only, I made 1/5 of quests/AIs, and that does already 3 months I'm on it. Now, just calculate... You're right, it will take more than one year to go a decent DP, working more or less alone.

PS : the pack IS stable. There are just holes on it (mainly =  pets, quests, AIs). If you know existing security holes, just send patches or talk of them in forum. An Olympiad rework is currently under building/testing (thanks to Treaser).

@Darth, I already given you a cookie today ;p.

really good tryskell. i love your work honestly.

anyway , maybe noob question but as i've said couple of times before i dont remember shit about developing , and i tried to find some .java files into the source , and they weren't there. for example Potion.java , not in itemhandler , olympiad.java not in entity or base , dont remember exactly.

are they in any other folder or you've just deleted them and connected 'em in any other file?

really good tryskell. i love your work honestly.

anyway , maybe noob question but as i've said couple of times before i dont remember shit about developing , and i tried to find some .java files into the source , and they weren't there. for example Potion.java , not in itemhandler , olympiad.java not in entity or base , dont remember exactly.

are they in any other folder or you've just deleted them and connected 'em in any other file?

Use at search e.g.: "Olympiad class".

Potion.java, olympiad.java

If I remember well, there is no potions.java anymore and about olympiad.java, you can find it here java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/Olympiad.java

If I remember well, there is no potions.java anymore and about olympiad.java, you can find it here java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/Olympiad.java

i found the olympiad.java file , but still i can't find where the f@ck potions are handled.. damn too hard to work on a source nowadays xD

i can't find where the f@ck potions are handled..

Mana potion is linked to Herb of Mana :D

@ Rev 168

As mana potions haven't any existing skill (verified both on 3 months old L2off IL sources and on a running L2off), I decided to link potions with mana herbs effects. Mana drug give back 12% mana, mana potion give back 18%.

Potions, as any items using a skill, use itemskill handler. You can't "tweak" the potions individually, until you create a special handler for them, and change all items for that new handler. All potions share the same behavior and for that, it's hardcoded. Another mean to edit a potion is to act on the skill itself (so, you will edit the effect of that potion). You can change the skill itself (editing properties of the skill), or link the item to another skill/skill level.

Mana potions had a special handler, but that was stupid (one handler just for one config), and for that they have been retrograded to normal potion (and yes they use mana herb effect because mana potions SHOULDN'T EXIST at all).

If you want to laugh, check the /unstuck usercommand :).

Changeset 191

Misc

• Better use of inheritance and override stuffs for L2Npc instances.
  • Cancel got only one pass (dances + misc melted).
  • Treasure chests can't be champions anymore (name of variable is modified to fit with the use of that variable).
  • Charm of Corner (4s mobs) don't move anymore.
  • Added Q369 (ty fernandopm).
  • corrected "muted" NPCs to got a retail behavior (you're supposed to got the intention_move)

Refactor of //ride and //unride commands.

• Following parameters are available for //ride : 1/strider/2/wyvern (so, //ride 1 = //ride strider).
  • You can now //ride 1 and then //ride 2 directly (even if you're already on a mount/got a summon).
  • //unride is corrected. Old commands (ride_wyvern and ride_strider) are dropped.

Consider report if modified NPCs instances (7 types) got an issue.

Changeset 192

Quests and misc

- Addition of Q163, Q275 and Q510, ty fernandopm. Delete useless checks of Q688.

- PKs drop droppable, not non-droppable items (typo error). Ty Kenrix for report.

Changeset 193

Baium Ai, Quests, Misc.

I commit in order to save current work, it becomes boring to "Compare" as it becomes bigger and bigger.

Baium AI

• Addition of Baium AI, based on L2J, with some part of Archid (for the custom Throw effect so far).
  • Some improvements, such as :
  • teleport of the waker near baium, and special action on him (luck to be thrown to the wall and die)
  • use of 3 animations instead of 2.
  • a retail Angelic Vortex
  • Baium doesn't stuck like a o.O when you run from him.
  • The AI is currently working - according to L2J criterias. I wait more infos on behavior to fix it correctly.

Quests

• addition of Q154, Q234, Q235. Those quests use L2OFF HTMs.
  • Q235 has been remade from 0. The alchemical's part is include inside, as retail.
  • Q234 has been heavily remade from L2J aswell.
  • addition of GrandBossTeleporters teleporter. It leads behavior of Antharas, Valakas and Baium (inheritated from the Baium AI) teleporters.

Misc

• Fix some typos on HTMs, delete some useless HTMs.
  • Fix tatoos to be "none" as armorType (avoid armor penalty on those). Ty alkivas2 for the report.
  • correction of Castle warehouse collision radius/weapons. Ty Medson for the share.
  • Addition of 2 serverpackets for trade accept (when you push OK button, it "grays" the window). Ty Kenrix for the fix.
  • Addition of L2MutedInstance (unhardcoded NPCs muted instances). Special instances (guards, etc) still get their own system.
  • Fix the player's rotation to be retail-like (when you're near a NPC and you try to speak to him, now you rotate).
  • fix the location of a NPC (summoned cat in ITower, wrong roof).
  • fix an exception on teleport admincommand (when you type alphabetic stuff).
  • setLastFolkNPC() has been reworked, and is now known as setCurrentFolkNPC(). Avoids exploit based on latest NPC you speak (now it puts null instead of keeping last NPC in memory). Eventually, will be used to check things in future.
  • Quest engine has been reworked to accept multiple IDs on the same event => addStartNpc(ID1, ID2, ID3).
  • Make the way cleaner for some future quests (Repent your Sins, Tutorial).

I AM AWARE A FOLDER IS MISSING, THE COMMIT HAS FAILED ON THAT PART BECAUSE THAT FOLDER STILL HAD SOME SVN DEPENDENCIES FROM L2J It will be added at next revision.