Buffs master, version 1.0!

Buffs master, version 1.0!
authors: @Agent @Caparso
---

gladly presents our new vision of scheme buffer with brand new features - main goal was to create an extended effects manager, within responsive panels and to make it as much user-friendly as only possible.

features:

• instant access to everything what is the most important, just in sight at main page.
  • handy wizard to guide players through the stage of scheme's creation (step by step).
  • manual buffs arrangement by moving any of effects inside scheme to elsewhere in the queue. perfect feature if you want to stack less crucial buffs at the beginning of your effects list.
  • auto sort function is able to quickly reorganize list of selected effects in terms of usefulness, with simple mouse click.
  • each custom scheme with own unique code (nani?!) - so players can share existing scheme with others or simply move it to another character.
  • no client modifications are needed, as always we want to keep it that way!
  • adaptation to acis' latest public branch (commit 401).

some preview:

https://streamable.com/n8esgm

patch: buffs_master.patch
use ex_buffer_schemes.sql to create necessary tables in your database!

//spawn 50009

---

additional information regarding effects management:

some may want to know how to unlock/disable effects - in this case go to bufferbuffs.xml (datapack/data/xml/).

keep in mind we have included all known effects from the game divided by tabs for better orientation - some are simply deactivated, because it rather a matter of preference or some buffs duplicate each other. if you want to add or remove an effect, then just comment/uncomment it.

this is also the right place if you want to change effect's price.

please, be careful when changing buff description, because too long may cause unwanted visual effects by stretching of cells.

Edited by Caparso
update resource links.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

probably it won't even fully adapt to latest acis' commit without some changes and if you asking us if we gonna adapt it to mobius then answer is rather no. sorry, but it is a matter of limited time we currently have 😕 plus we rather don't want to work with other projects once we got to know and get used to acis.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:19 AM, StarSCreams said:

amazing scheme thanks for share

EDIT: Its possible adapt it to mobius?

5 hours ago, Caparso said:

probably it won't even fully adapt to latest acis' commit without some changes and if you asking us if we gonna adapt it to mobius then answer is rather no. sorry, but it is a matter of limited time we currently have 😕 plus we rather don't want to work with other projects once we got to know and get used to acis.

Mobius is using aCis' buffer as well, so it's mostly the same.

Great share! I installed it on aCis 401. Note that old scheme buffer will not work after this patch so i removed it at all on my pack. The only bug that i found is in SchemeBufferManager.java on useShareCode(). if you copy a scheme from a player that have max schemes created and then you try to add it on another char it says You cannot create more tha 4 schemes etc. i found the solution.

image.png.3c58aa41dce46cf0befd0c5c6b604ab0.png

• Thanks 2

thanks for feedback @andy1984, again!

this is one of the reasons why we share code with other people, so we can run more tests together from every angle, the way we hadn't thought of before.

to be clear - check was performed on the wrong target (code owner in this case instead of player, that wants to use code).

gameserver/java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/buffer/SchemeBufferManager.java

@ 204

int playerId = _shareCodesPlayers.get(code);

var playerSchemes = getSchemesForPlayer(playerId);

if (playerSchemes.size() >= MAX_SCHEMES)

replace with:

int playerId = _shareCodesPlayers.get(code);

var playerSchemes = getSchemesForPlayer(playerId);

if (getSchemesForPlayer(player.getObjectId()).size() >= MAX_SCHEMES)

buffs_master.patch has been replaced with a new one, containing this change.

Edited by Caparso
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

forgot to mention, that implementation of this code will cause problems with the default buffer implemented by @Tryskell, but officially he doesn't know about anything so let's keep it that way 🤐

repeat: this patch comments a few lines in the current code and crappy buffer won't work properly - keep it secret.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Have a problem implementing it in acis 401.
When I restart the account, the buffs are lost. I don't see how to download the sql. Is that why? can someone guide me. From already thank you very much.
@Caparso