Skill Use Lag/Delay

SirrSquirtlle

Question

Hello Max Cheaters!

Today I come with an issue that a friend of mine pointed out while playing on my test server. while fighting and using skills sometimes there is a delay in usage of the skill, even with cooldown of 1 second on a skill if you use it multiple times eventually you press the skill (or f2 f3 etc) and it will not use the skill until 2-3 seconds after the button press. Any ideas on why this might happen? My server is pretty close to us (70 ping) and has good stats, 6 core processor @ 2.8 ghz with 16gb ram & 400mbps down/up. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Also I am using the l2jsunrise hi5 pack.

3 hours ago, SirrSquirtlle said:

Hello Max Cheaters!

Today I come with an issue that a friend of mine pointed out while playing on my test server. while fighting and using skills sometimes there is a delay in usage of the skill, even with cooldown of 1 second on a skill if you use it multiple times eventually you press the skill (or f2 f3 etc) and it will not use the skill until 2-3 seconds after the button press. Any ideas on why this might happen? My server is pretty close to us (70 ping) and has good stats, 6 core processor @ 2.8 ghz with 16gb ram & 400mbps down/up. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Also I am using the l2jsunrise hi5 pack.

what  core u have ? Xeon ?

Can be packet flood protection, threadpool bottleneck, casting process issue, queued delayed action (also called NextAction) issue... It's impossible to tell.

Edited by Tryskell

On 8/23/2022 at 9:20 PM, SirrSquirtlle said:

Hello Max Cheaters!

Find player's queued skills in character (or creature) class and see what's going on there.

On 8/23/2022 at 9:20 PM, SirrSquirtlle said:

Hello Max Cheaters!

You kinda miss important information...
Let's say... limit the hundreds of skills that exist to the ones you noticed to have problem with.
Unless you have this problem with all skills... in case you do... bad news...

53 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Can be packet flood protection, threadpool bottleneck, casting process issue, queued delayed action (also called NextAction) issue... It's impossible to tell.

He did not say he is using aCis...

:troll:

• Like 1

You guys are correct there is A LOT going on with this issue, I am not using ACIS as mobius pointed out this is on hi5 part5 sunrise pack but all of the flood protection is turned off, I have not messed with threadpool at all. I do notice it more on PHYSICAL skills like stunshot & multishot, also if you spam bleed on mobs it is noticeable as well.. oof this seems like a major issue to be having I just wanted a server for 5-10 ppl to play on (old clan mates)

Thank you all for the input I guess I will just keep trying to find the issue one bit at a time >.<

Just now, SirrSquirtlle said:

You guys are correct there is A LOT going on with this issue, I am not using ACIS as mobius pointed out this is on hi5 part5 sunrise pack but all of the flood protection is turned off, I have not messed with threadpool at all. I do notice it more on PHYSICAL skills like stunshot & multishot, also if you spam bleed on mobs it is noticeable as well.. oof this seems like a major issue to be having I just wanted a server for 5-10 ppl to play on (old clan mates)

Thank you all for the input I guess I will just keep trying to find the issue one bit at a time >.<

It's not that big of an issue and it will be relatively easy to detect and fix. All you have to do is print debug messages in the cast process (beginning from RequestMagicSkillUse client packet), preferably after every return; or break; statement, in order to detect which check fails. Let us know once you detected it, the fix should be fairly easy.

24 minutes ago, GsL said:

You use a clean pack and u got this issue ?

Thats actually a good point. OP have you tried another pack (maybe l2jserver or L2JMobius)? It could be a CPU specific thing, there were problems in the past with certain CPUs. Just to rule it out before digging into the code,

Edited by ZaNteR

2 minutes ago, ZaNteR said:

Thats actually a good point. OP have you tried another pack (maybe l2jserver or L2JMobius)? It could be a CPU specific thing, there were problems in the past with certain CPUs. Just to rule it out before digging into the code,

I really doubt CPU has anything to do with this issue, if CPU was at fault other things would be broken too.

It's most likely ai next action related as Tryskell said, or perhaps minimum cooldown calculation (could be sending lower cooldown to client but using higher server-side).

10 minutes ago, GsL said:

Xeon core sometimes do such lags

What you're suggesting is that a CPU underperforms/lags only on this specific operation in the server and nowhere else, which is impossible. It's got nothing to do with CPU, unless the server is generally laggy in every action and not just skill casting.

The only way to know the issue is debug like I mentioned.

Edited by An4rchy

19 hours ago, Mobius said:

He did not say he is using aCis...

:troll:

Indeed, since aCis never encountered such state :). You seem to be more experienced in that type of issues.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ZaNteR said:

Thats actually a good point. OP have you tried another pack (maybe l2jserver or L2JMobius)?

1 hour ago, Tryskell said:

Indeed, since aCis never encountered such state :). You seem to be more experienced in that type of issues.

https://highfive.l2mobius.net/

40 minutes ago, Mobius said:

If you need some attention, pick some girlfriend, boy or any other type of animal. I'm already taken, and anyway I don't like passive/agressive behavior.

Edited by Tryskell