Help to locate static object texture

rtcxool

Good evening all,

I need some help with hardest thing ever.. finding the location 😄 

I've checked lots of textures but wasn't able to find the location of this static object (Village map) texture.

Shot00013.jpg.65bc0769cc04a07b2713bc3996b280f2.jpg

I mean, I'm easily found and changed the texture of the map which pop up in a window once you click on the static object. But I need to change the texture of object itself. I don't want a village map to be shown on the stand.

Shot00014.jpg.916af02b022fee01a5981b37696488b9.jpg

Really appreciate for any help.

Thanks.

For aCis it's locates there.

https://gitlab.com/Tryskell/acis_public/-/blob/master/aCis_datapack/data/xml/staticObjects.xml

This texture sends in ShowTownMap packet.

https://gitlab.com/Tryskell/acis_public/-/blob/master/aCis_gameserver/java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/network/serverpackets/ShowTownMap.java

You can add a custom voice/user command handler for showing all what you need in this window w/o changing retail features.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rootware said:

For aCis it's locates there.

https://gitlab.com/Tryskell/acis_public/-/blob/master/aCis_datapack/data/xml/staticObjects.xml

This texture sends in ShowTownMap packet.

https://gitlab.com/Tryskell/acis_public/-/blob/master/aCis_gameserver/java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/network/serverpackets/ShowTownMap.java

You can add a custom voice/user command handler for showing all what you need in this window w/o changing retail features.

Thank you for this, unfortunately, I don't know much about Acis (just using Acis datapack files), know even less about java editing, java packets, etc...

I want to edit this in texture client side, that's why topic is in client development section.

Same as I have edited a texture of map which pop up when I click on the static object (have edited villagemap.utx in systextures) the same I want to do with the object itself as on the object between wooded borders still shown a village map which changing color when I put mouse on it. 

By my understanding, client side should be a button-like texture somewhere for these static objects.

15 hours ago, rtcxool said:

Good evening all,

I need some help with hardest thing ever.. finding the location 😄 

I've checked lots of textures but wasn't able to find the location of this static object (Village map) texture.

Shot00013.jpg.65bc0769cc04a07b2713bc3996b280f2.jpg

I mean, I'm easily found and changed the texture of the map which pop up in a window once you click on the static object. But I need to change the texture of object itself. I don't want a village map to be shown on the stand.

Really appreciate for any help.

Thanks.

Hello, tell me what location it is ( the name of the map or name of area ) and I will tell you how to find the desired texture.

Tutorial about Bulletin Board

p.s. don't use mipmaps if you want texture to be sharp and clean in low quality settings mode.

Edited by deMEV
  • Like 1

@rtcxool, @deMEV made for you excellent tutorial how to change it, only one thing if you don't know how to work with textures read some additional guides:

To open UTX you need to decrypt/encrypt default Lineage 2 packages. So you need some editors, try this editor ( you can open original UTX 😞

+ you saw in the video that the UTX in the end needs to be encrypted back, but it does not indicate which program it is.

You can use two:
1. l2encdec ( here )
2. mxencdec ( click ) You can use this.

Be careful, without encryption at the end you may have an error. Try. :)

If your question is resolved I can lock the topic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deMEV said:

Tutorial about Bulletin Board

p.s. don't use mipmaps if you want texture to be sharp and clean in low quality settings mode.

Thank you very much!

Video wasn't necessary but it may be helpful too. The thing I was looking for is location of texture. I've checked lots of files in systextures folder while it was in textures folder with easily findable name (world_bulletinboard_t.utx) 😄

Also, thank you @NevesOma for great guide. I have all the programs and +/- know how to work with them. Just had a difficulty locating the texture client side.

Topic can be locked.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rtcxool said:

Also, thank you @NevesOma for great guide. I have all the programs and +/- know how to work with them. Just had a difficulty locating the texture client side.

Topic can be locked.

Glad we could help you. :) Locked. Reason: solved.