PayPal permabans

Berserkd

44 minutes ago, Playinnova said:

Like I said, I have a big and long shit experience with PayPal limiting my accounts full with money and lock everything for 6 months for no reason and ban the account because they asked me who are all this friends and relatives lol. They asked me to tell them from where I know and who is the person that sended me money. So if you want to be safe on PayPal and not get limited, make sure they recive at least 10-20 euro if you recive 1000. And everytime you withdraw money use the instant (1% fee on card). Otherwise they will tell you that you are trying to avoid PayPal FEES and they will limit you because you only use thier PayPal services for recive "FREE" money.

it's time to move on paypal is shit anyways 

2 hours ago, Vision said:

ok so goods and services and all good.

Simple.

or create a donation link and send this link to your donators

2 hours ago, Celestine said:

it's time to move on paypal is shit anyways 

and what payment method you will use than? as far as i know 70% of them use only paypal

56 minutes ago, Playinnova said:

or create a donation link and send this link to your donators

and what payment method you will use than? as far as i know 70% of them use only paypal

there are many other payment methods.

8 hours ago, Playinnova said:

List me some of that, that players are actually using for donate. I will take note. Thanks

Dude, just go topzone or hopzone, open top 10 server websites and check their payment methods. Now it sounds like Celestine is working for you. Lol.

I personally decided to go full crypto and alternative payment methods. Even though most people use PayPal, they will be able to buy crypto using the new paypal wallet (it's currently working in the US and I think it will work everywhere soon https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/crypto).

One thing is for sure, they can ban me all the times they want, I will keep working anyway.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Berserkd said:

I personally decided to go full crypto and alternative payment methods. Even though most people use PayPal, they will be able to buy crypto using the new paypal wallet (it's currently working in the US and I think it will work everywhere soon https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/crypto).

One thing is for sure, they can ban me all the times they want, I will keep working anyway.

Not sure how crypto will integrate into paypal business model.

For example a paypal account gets stolen, thief spends all balance inside paypal account on crypto. What happens then? You can't recover the money and you can't catch the thief. 

2 hours ago, zemaitis said:

Not sure how crypto will integrate into paypal business model.

For example a paypal account gets stolen, thief spends all balance inside paypal account on crypto. What happens then? You can't recover the money and you can't catch the thief. 

Well that's mostly what happens when any crypto wallet is stolen. There's no way to take the money back.

I assume paypal will have the same business policy.

23 minutes ago, Berserkd said:

Well that's mostly what happens when any crypto wallet is stolen. There's no way to take the money back.

I assume paypal will have the same business policy.

Crypto wallet and paypal account are and will always be two entirely different things, since paypal is operating as a centralized payment provider. 

3 hours ago, zemaitis said:

Crypto wallet and paypal account are and will always be two entirely different things, since paypal is operating as a centralized payment provider. 

PayPal is one of my favourite, but fix me if l am wrong but Players from South America don’t have decent donations methods due US seizure ? Tip to MXC make universal donation system coz anyway lots of business going trough MXC website, like people selling and buying 🙂

20 hours ago, zemaitis said:

That's not entirely true, since they provide you the wallet, I assume you are attached to their policies.

They can simply ban you from the platform if they "don't want to work with you anymore", crypto or not it still being paypal.

But what I don't know is about the money. I don't think they can freeze the money like they do in FIAT payments.

17 hours ago, MrTitanas said:

PayPal is one of my favourite, but fix me if l am wrong but Players from South America don’t have decent donations methods due US seizure ? Tip to MXC make universal donation system coz anyway lots of business going trough MXC website, like people selling and buying 🙂

About this, South America can use Paypal for payment as any other country, in terms of withdrawing money, we have to use middleman companies, since you can't get money out of paypal to your bank account. 

59 minutes ago, Berserkd said:

But what I don't know is about the money. I don't think they can freeze the money like they do in FIAT payments.

You would be suprised what paypal can and is actually doing. Just read some stories in https://www.reddit.com/r/paypal/

• 1 month later...

After 74 days I just received paypal permaban again (completely new company business account) 

It seems like paypal doesnt care if you are a legit business anymore. I had all policies, agreements in place. Payments were not "donations".

They told me that they can't allow accepting payments for this "product" which is l2jserver.

Leave paypal boys while you can 😉

28 minutes ago, zemaitis said:

After 74 days I just received paypal permaban again (completely new company business account) 

It seems like paypal doesnt care if you are a legit business anymore. I had all policies, agreements in place. Payments were not "donations".

They told me that they can't allow accepting payments for this "product" which is l2jserver.

Leave paypal boys while you can 😉

Thank you for sharing and reporting. Even though Paypal is popular and easy to use, we have to find alternatives, this is fucked up.

Edited by L2_Crystal