Olympiad Geodata H5 17_10

kadabra

2 hours ago, Dev said:

Yes ask deMEV if you have 1 milion in your bank account cuz he charges 300 Eur per 1 map. 

his price is 50E per geodata... dont know where u have 300Eur from

7 minutes ago, Dev said:

Screenshot-26.png

100 euro per 1 map. Ok now ? Happy ? 

bro. for custom map, created not by me. for original map 50 euro to make fixes.

Edited by deMEV

2 minutes ago, deMEV said:

bro. for custom map, created not by me. for original map 50 euro to make fixes.

It's still freaking expensive. If a geodata has 30 maps how much he will need to pay 50 x 30 = 1500 Euro ? Also all your services are expensive and u request EURO ? Ur from Ukraine so you make a fortune with that money. Come on fix your prices and come back to talk again .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dev said:

It's still freaking expensive. If a geodata has 30 maps how much he will need to pay 50 x 30 = 1500 Euro ? Also all your services are expensive and u request EURO ? Ur from Ukraine so you make a fortune with that money. Come on fix your prices and come back to talk again .

if you dont like it dont buy then.

6 minutes ago, deMEV said:

if you dont like it dont buy then.

It's not me who doesn't like but No one buys from you. Your prices are out of this world. Give me one admin that will spend 1500 euro just to buy your crappy geodata 

41 minutes ago, Dev said:

It's not me who doesn't like but No one buys from you. Your prices are out of this world. Give me one admin that will spend 1500 euro just to buy your crappy geodata 

i dont force people to buy anything from me. if they think that the price is big for them, they will find someone who can do job for them cheaper.

All tools for editing or build geodata are freeshared. you can invest your free time to learn them, and use learned skills to make fixes which you need for your geodata.
Or pay money for that, it's your decision. as i told before i dont force people to buy anything if they think that prices is high. there is many people on this market who can do that cheaper.

Edited by deMEV
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HyperBlown said:

Also, one geodata file has alot of maps. He sells per geodata file. not  per map :thinking:

1 geo file correspond 1 map

I gotta support @Devon this one. deMEV services are high quality no doubt, but most of the L2J packs have a crappy geodata engine, and there's a lot more money to spend to make the use of a well-made geodata. You buy the "perfect" geodata files for 1,5k and you still have to pay a developer to spend numerous days and hours on the engine. The costs are not justified.

I personally spent a lot of time making a good set of maps and then manually editing geodata files with minor issues where and if needed. deMEV helped me with some client files and I really appreciated that; he also gave me a better idea of how to gather the perfect maps from one client to another. if anyone asks me about geodata services, I always send them to deMEV because he was kind enough to tell me a few tricks. I did spend several hours on the geodata engine as well.

I'm not sure how and what is deMEV using to generate the geodata using the maps from the client, but there is a lot of software available for free.

In the end, people need to think about quality of service. Asking such high prices affects the community and we'll see more servers with crappy geodata. Prices should have a balance because anyone can generate geodata files, anyone can edit them and you won't always generate the same files all over again from the same game client - you'll resell those sometimes.

So yeah, prices should be lower for geodata services.

Edited by Trance
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Trance said:

I gotta support @Devon this one. deMEV services are high quality no doubt, but most of the L2J packs have a crappy geodata engine, and there's a lot more money to spend to make the use of a well-made geodata. You buy the "perfect" geodata files for 1,5k and you still have to pay a developer to spend numerous days and hours on the engine. The costs are not justified.
, anyone can edit them and you won't always generate the same files all over again from the same game client - you'll resell those sometimes.

So yeah, prices should be lower for geodata services.

That was exactly what I meant without clarifying myself. The resell factor is the general picture of what you say and that's the case. You resell something then you can't still expect everyone to spend a whole fortune because in reality you do nothing. It's job that you've done in the past. + Agree on all what you said for the L2J packs.

That's why I told him to think of his pricing policy rather than asking such huge ammounts of money for something that is just copy / paste for him (at this point). 

Edited by Dev