How to lock my system files?

ayaks90

As the title says i need to lock my system files for example armorgrp.dat.Have seen many servers lock their system files and when you try to open them you got a massage that ASCII code has found.So can someone please explain me how to do that on my system files or any other method to protect them? Thank you.

1 hour ago, ayaks90 said:

As the title says i need to lock my system files for example armorgrp.dat.Have seen many servers lock their system files and when you try to open them you got a massage that ASCII code has found.So can someone please explain me how to do that on my system files or any other method to protect them? Thank you.

i can code

4 hours ago, ayaks90 said:

You need an cryptor that will protect your files, for example a smart crypt ( I used it to protect some of my  files ),  can protect not only *.dat files, but also all the rest of your client, including *

ini and so on.

But be careful, it is still possible to get files from the SmartCrypt, but in any case it is a good protection. There is no perfect protection in the game.

Also, *.dat files can be protected manually too  ( not SmartCrypt ), this method has been known for a very long time, but little practice, but in principle it works.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/18/2021 at 1:25 PM, NevesOma said:

You need an cryptor that will protect your files, for example a smart crypt ( I used it to protect some of my  files ),  can protect not only *.dat files, but also all the rest of your client, including *

ini and so on.

But be careful, it is still possible to get files from the SmartCrypt, but in any case it is a good protection. There is no perfect protection in the game.

Also, *.dat files can be protected manually too  ( not SmartCrypt ), this method has been known for a very long time, but little practice, but in principle it works.

Can you share me guide or explain how to cryp .dat files without smartcrypt (i will check that soft too it is cool to know more methods). Thank you for the info 🙂 

On 1/18/2021 at 12:40 PM, Nightw0lf said:

i think you looking for encryption that smartguard has.

https://smart-guard.eu/en/smartcrypt

I will check it thank you.

51 minutes ago, ayaks90 said:

Can you share me guide or explain how to cryp .dat files without smartcrypt (i will check that soft too it is cool to know more methods). Thank you for the info 🙂 

I will check it thank you.

In fact many methods are the result of experimentation and testing over time, so they are not generally available ( not public ). But a free cryptor may be suitable for you ( but the decryptor is also freely available and many can open your encrypted files, even a smartcript is freely available, but many will also be able to open your file with it for free version). Look for LameCrypt - it will help you to protect your files a little ( it's free ).

17 hours ago, NevesOma said:

In fact many methods are the result of experimentation and testing over time, so they are not generally available ( not public ). But a free cryptor may be suitable for you ( but the decryptor is also freely available and many can open your encrypted files, even a smartcript is freely available, but many will also be able to open your file with it for free version). Look for LameCrypt - it will help you to protect your files a little ( it's free ).

Thank you once more. At least i will protect my files from people who have low knowledge,the others who will know how to open my files will also know how to make them by them selves. So i think your way will work for me 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dragic locked this topic