Change the port for login/auth on the client - Interlude

dextroy

Question

Ok guys, i really need some help here.

For some stupid reason, my internet provider shuts down all ports under a specific number and i can't change that unless i'd pay for more (of course).

I was able to change all ports to values that worked for me on the server side. On the client side however, i can't seem to change the login port.

I've found 2 supportive files that were supposed to change the auth port:

- Goldfinch authorization port changer: an .exe file to run on the system folder that supposedly changes the port on the engine.dll file - this method is from 2008, so i think it does not work properly cause the client does not open with the new generated engine.dll. (Found it on the following link: https://maxcheaters.com/topic/172783-auth-port-changer/ )

- authport, by Fyyre: On this method you encode on the l2.exe to read this authport.dll and change the port to a hexadecimal number on the .ini file. This method works perfectly. However, it only reads hexadecimal numbers limited to 3 characters. So the highest port possible would be hex FFF - 4.095. And that does not work for me cause i need to use 9000 or higher ports (Found it on the following link shared here on maxcheaters: https://mega.nz/#!1FMQTTCZ!E7tnIb7qFmthkU9uuF310Sx8mQuM2nYNfdK_ai5vRrE )

I tried to find some .dll editor but i'm not a professional programmer so i have no clue on how or what to change on the authport.dll for the file to read 4 hexadecimal characters.

If you guys have any better methods, i'd gladly try them out, 'cause i couldn't find anything.

Please help me.

Edited by dextroy

9 answers to this question

Login port have limits for max value. Sorry.

You need to hire reverse engeneer for hook RequestAuthLogin function in Engine.dll for usage full Uint16 range.

Edited by Rootware
Added info.

I do man, that's not my issue.

The issue is, i have dynamic IP, the dynamic IP of my internet provider automatically shuts down all ports after a certain period of time.

So basically, i have my server working properly without any problems, but after a certain period, like 24h, all my ports under 9000 gets forcedly shut down and i need to manually reboot my router in order for it to work again.

I'm trying to work around this by using ports higher than 9000, and i could change everything, except the login port on the client side, because of the issues i mentioned on my first post.

Yeah i could, but i'm making a free server for fun, not gonna pay if i'm not making any profit.

What i need is a working way to change the auth/login port on the client side. That's all.

I've already mentioned 2 ways i've found to change it, and i also mentioned why they're not working. I'm assuming it would not be complicated for any programmer with dll knowledge to help with this and that's what i'm asking.

'Cause learning an entire programming language is the solution when the forum is exactly the place to ask for help? Seriously dude. If you don't want to help, don't reply. You're just being rude now.

6 hours ago, AlmostGood said:

@dextroy

Fyrre's authport patched to always set port 9501, check:

https://mega.nz/file/lMBBgARJ#QY6Pca4SGE3ByekQW0m-5yUlefabMznmIeo9k6LOYvQ

Thanks! I'll try this on my next maintenance! If it changes for 9501 that should work for me.

Clearly some active members here doesn't understand the concept of a questions and support forum, so this is greatly appreciated.

Edited by dextroy