SQL Injection

you will probably get blocked before you end up with results, and even so you have to be more specific on your request

11 hours ago, Lomkevicius said:

Hello All,

Does anyone has any SQL Injection for interlude ?

If you mean sqli for the game itself, like doing something specific and triggering the exploit that might be pretty hard to find.

if you mean sqli for the site of a X private server, like doing something specific on that site and triggering the exploit that should be easier to find but it's per case. Since you are practically attacking the site itself and it's logic then what you find on one site most probably will not work on another. Except if these sites have both been created by the same dev team.

In both cases what you would be looking to find is an input that you can manipulate. 

And you would start with something simple like a field taking alphanumeric characters. So if we searched for sqli on the game itself then;

The first thing that comes to mind is the username of your character. But this field has input validation so it doesn't allow special characters. 

Then there is the characters title which i thing accepts special characters?

But even if it did, then very important is how the server executes the query.

Does it take the input blindly and placing it in the middle of the query or does it do some parsing first before executing it?

If you had access to the code maybe you could spot more easily if there is a possibility of an sql injection happening or not, because in the end they might have coded it that way so all queries are parsed before execution.

I think it would be cool if there was an sql injection present in this game, even after all this time (talking about older chronicles).

did you try havij?

1 hour ago, HugoBoss said:

If you mean sqli for the game itself, like doing something specific and triggering the exploit that might be pretty hard to find.

if you mean sqli for the site of a X private server, like doing something specific on that site and triggering the exploit that should be easier to find but it's per case. Since you are practically attacking the site itself and it's logic then what you find on one site most probably will not work on another. Except if these sites have both been created by the same dev team.

In both cases what you would be looking to find is an input that you can manipulate. 

And you would start with something simple like a field taking alphanumeric characters. So if we searched for sqli on the game itself then;

The first thing that comes to mind is the username of your character. But this field has input validation so it doesn't allow special characters. 

Then there is the characters title which i thing accepts special characters?

But even if it did, then very important is how the server executes the query.

Does it take the input blindly and placing it in the middle of the query or does it do some parsing first before executing it?

If you had access to the code maybe you could spot more easily if there is a possibility of an sql injection happening or not, because in the end they might have coded it that way so all queries are parsed before execution.

I think it would be cool if there was an sql injection present in this game, even after all this time (talking about older chronicles).

Thanks for your answer, just to let you know that I was playing in the server (interlude) and now that server is closed, because someone messed up server database and server settings through the NPC.

Admin told me that one guy injected something through the NPC and even server chat colors were blinking and different colour. All NPC showing errors, ALT+B not working, server is offline and they trying to rollback everything

So just wanted to ask if this is very hard to do it, or you just need special software and skills

He was using fake IP , so he got a ban, but server is messed up

Admin using l2jorion server packs

Edited by Lomkevicius

59 minutes ago, Lomkevicius said:

Thanks for your answer, just to let you know that I was playing in the server (interlude) and now that server is closed, because someone messed up server database and server settings through the NPC.

Admin told me that one guy injected something through the NPC and even server chat colors were blinking and different colour. All NPC showing errors, ALT+B not working, server is offline and they trying to rollback everything

So just wanted to ask if this is very hard to do it, or you just need special software and skills

He was using fake IP , so he got a ban, but server is messed up

Admin using l2jorion server packs

Or just pretext to make wipe :D

they don't want to do Wipe, they still trying to fix it , otherwise they would say straight away and we could play right now, but just wanted to ask if this is really complicated to damage server like that ?

L2jorion is trash based on frozen, no bigger core reworks/fixes just tons of customs added LUL

Do you have any screen from ingame errors? it could be possible to backtrack that exploit

basically when i clicked on any NPC in the town was something like missing HTML , path and then number like 3030.HTML missing

I don't have any screenshots but every npc with HTML error

Edited by Lomkevicius

11 hours ago, Lomkevicius said:

basically when i clicked on any NPC in the town was something like missing HTML , path and then number like 3030.HTML missing

I don't have any screenshots but every npc with HTML error

HTML missing could be just that, html files missing. If there is a db thing, then taking regular backups should at least provide them a point in time that they could restore it. Worse case should be 1 day back or even 1 hour back. Depending on how often they took backups. If it's a files missing issue / corruption, then DB backup will not do anything. They would need to have the server files backed up somewhere. Server files don't change that often except if you do manual changes to the server code. 

I understand it's a java server so even though i haven't used l2j (yet) i guess you could store all of the code somewhere in the cloud like for example, github. Then this is also your backup for the code.

In any case, im sorry this happened to your server and i hope they get this sorted.