ANY L2J Dev United for IL

9 hours ago, xFranky said:

Thank you for your advice. As I mentioned earlier, regardless that the title of the topic is about Faction, it doesn't have to be particularly about Faction system.

I changed the title of this topic. If someone WANTS to help the move I am trying to create, and help us create ANYTHING for the general public, pm me. 

i have create a project faction egine and he take me 2 years for finish it full..

with base on old GvE 2006/2010 and i put some idea from russian GvE server

with guard move to enemy base for more fun in pvp enchant system with protection

if you kill same player give penalty and more.. but the big work is engine every time in

live server i find and one problem :P

57 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

The only space that is worth covering is the Interlude custom pack space.

Retail C6 is covered by aCis, custom H5 is covered by Sunrise and retail H5 is covered by L2jServer.

Custom C6 is really just Lucera but people would really like an open source custom C6 pack.

The problem is that the only way a C6 custom pack can work is if you actually do something different. Don't take Frozen. Just take aCis free, push it in GitHub and roll with it.

Focus on really flexible, configurable customs and a solid toolset. Make an app to allow people to easily make multisells, modify skills, make balancing easy or even create an autobalancer that collects data on pvp results and balances itself, make an api to allow remote server management, make your own event engine, make an ingame social network using the community board, etc...

There is so much you can do to leave the competition behind if you really wanted to but motivation is so low since the community numbers are also lower than ever. Unless you wanna do it for yourself, don't start it at all because you are going to abandon it. Such an endeavor is probably not worth your time. 

Trust me, I know all about abandoning projects.

I've already concluded that the best decision is aCis. I have created a repo on GitHub temporarily called Faction Mode:

https://github.com/mariosmikroulis/Faction-Mode

I just want to see what people want and who wants to help me out on this. I am not saying I am not capable of doing it myself. It is just better to work with others and have something that is worth sharing. I love your ideas mentioned and I will definitely add it to my list. 

I will just give it a go and see how it goes. If not, I might just do it myself at the end of the day. It is just that I have real job and won't be quick to do all of those staff, but definitely worth the try!

Few years ago i wanted take L2J Frozen sources and make cleanup, update as much as possible with L2J Server and aCis. I thinked what it helps some people and refresh this project. But then I thought that it would be look like necrophilia. And stopped thinking about it.

By the way, i don't understanding whi it was named as L2J Frozen 1.5 if officially he was restarted with project name L2J Frozen 2.0.

Edited by Rootware

2 hours ago, Rootware said:

Few years ago i wanted take L2J Frozen sources and make cleanup, update as much as possible with L2J Server and aCis. I thinked what it helps some people and refresh this project. But then I thought that it would be look like necrophilia. And stopped thinking about it.

By the way, i don't understanding whi it was named as L2J Frozen 1.5 if officially he was restarted with project name L2J Frozen 2.0.

1.5 is a side project from Reynald0, it isn't affiliated to L2JFrozen initial team. He picked latest free L2JFrozen sources as base.

2.0 was supposedly the private/premium version of L2JFrozen, except than Shyla/Nefer never did it. They did few revisions based on L2 towns naming (Giran, Oren, etc) and that's almost it.

There are numerous abandoned chronicles out there, not sure why everyone focus on IL. I chose IL because it's the chronicle I mostly played on, but I doubt it's the same for every monkey out there. :)

You got entire chronicles like C1, C4, GF which can be easily done with reliable informations (unlike IL) and which aren't (a lot) developped (some aren't developped at ALL).

----

Custom packs would never get the priority over packs which work on retail fixes, simply because retail fixes are way harder to produce than customs, which are abundant and heavily spread/shared. 

I simply can apply the 10 most used customs, clean them a little and call aCis a "custom pack". That would probably make okish concurrency to L2JFrozen and alike.

But well, I got better things to fix for now. Maybe I will move of chronicle/type when I will judge aCis mostly done. :)

Edited by Tryskell

38 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Maybe I will move of chronicle/type when I will judge aCis mostly done. :)

If you do, no more cookie for you!

@Elfocrash This is what I thought until I saw the attached image. He has like a repo commiting every two hours, constantly active.

Screenshot_20200117-143406_Chrome.jpg

Edited by xFranky

56 minutes ago, xFranky said:

If you do, no more cookie for you!

I, and L2 world in general, got no point opening a public custom version of aCis, except sitting my dominion over Interlude chronicle, once and for all, leaving (almost) no other space for other packs in this chronicle.

Do we really want the same custom server spreads everywhere ? I believe than no. Simply see how that L2Pride share harmed the concept of L2Pride ; any idiot could simply open one server out of nothing. And I believe CONCEPTS should be kept original, and the sole property of "real" developers (aka, people who used their time to make the thing possible). Not from a leecher, who simply downloaded something at best, or stole it at worst.

My position towards customs generated a whole ecosystem which wouldn't eventually exist. 

L2JFrozen's death actually harmed me, it was what I call "my anti-noob firewall". That project shielded me for a very long time of retards, people who aren't able to read a topic, leechers, and whatever else bad people you (I, at least) don't want involved into development.

While I agree everyone should access to some decent BASE files (and that's what I aim with aCis, giving anyone the chance to open a decent server), I believe UNIQUE CONCEPTS should be kept secret.

And overall, it's more challenging trying to reproduce something than to invent something out of nothing.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

Frozen 1.5 looks kinda dead. 1 commit in the past 4 months. I'd rather use aCis.

Here is where you are wrong: https://sourceforge.net/p/l2jfrozen/code/commit_browser

8 minutes ago, Elfocrash said:

True but obviously not on a technical level. If you had an accurate reference and numbers it would be painfully easy to do. It's also so god damn boring, that's why I hated the idea of doing everything retail to the T. Because it's not a technical challenge but a data inconvenience. Most of the complicated retail features don't even come close to complexity to the most complicated customs customs.

It doesn't collide with what I say :). L2J isn't complex, once you are aware about inner organization ; the "complexity" comes from the size and from the amount of features colliding between each other - at worst.

Technically, there are only few parts which can block someone, and that would basically be, from my PoV : movement, geoengine/pathfinding, mmcore/network, knownlist.

The leftover is complex only if the developer is complex in his head.

About customs, the only limit of complexity is your imagination, and the question "is it really useful ?".

On 1/15/2020 at 2:09 AM, xFranky said:

Hello everyone.

I feel like the community of L2 has decreased in the past few years. Nowadays developers are looking more how to make money, rather than doing something for the community too. Therefore, I decided to come up with an idea that could help the community, from all the developers that are willing to contribute for everyone, and set the bar higher.

Anyway, I decided to see if developers want to develop with me a well needed mode of feature for aCis that will have unique features. The code changes will be available for the public and everyone could commit to help this idea grow.

What feature in your opinion could me make? Finally pm me if you want to help on this unique move

If you really think the main reason of community being decreased is developers getting greedy, then you should carefully collect your thoughts once more.

Anyway, it seems that it's once again all about Interlude. Except for his ungrounded reference to C4 that related projects have not developed a lot these past years, Tryskell might be right on the idea of choosing another chronicle.

If by any chance I was too much used to Interlude and wanted to develop something, I would probably try a C5 project and especially now that there is a working patch. If you carefully think about it, despite being very similar, many complained about features that were Interlude - specific over the years (augmentation system, shadow weapons, dinos, etc). Also, its client is as customizable as IL due to the existence of interface files that are missing in older clients.

The first step for this would be downgrading an IL project and adapting login server Init logic from a C4 project.

Might be bad as a concept, just throwing one of my ideas on the table.

2 hours ago, Tryskell said:

I, and L2 world in general, got no point opening a public custom version of aCis, except sitting my dominion over Interlude chronicle, once and for all, leaving (almost) no other space for other packs in this chronicle.

Do we really want the same custom server spreads everywhere ? I believe than no.

My aim is not to use aCis as a base for a aCis pack full of customs, like L2JFrozen or L2JFrozen 1.5. My aim is just to release modes, based on aCis. 1 mode per repo. Meaning, I will have one repo for, let's say, custom Community Board, another repo with a clear version of aCis for Faction, another one for something else. I will not create anything like a pack full of modes, simply because I do not want to do anything like that. I just want to unite developers to create shares every ones in a while, the way how @Elfocrash has done in the past for his Survey system, and many more unique releases that haven't been thought before. For me, has a good concept and I loved it. I used many of his releases in the past.

In a few words, we will just release, either the repo itself to the public for each mode or share, or a .diff file. My intention is not to create another L2JFrozen pack, based on aCis with full customs inside. This is not my cup of tea.

17 minutes ago, DnR said:

If you really think the main reason of community being decreased is developers getting greedy, then you should carefully collect your thoughts once more.

Anyway, it seems that it's once again all about Interlude. Except for his ungrounded reference to C4 that related projects have not developed a lot these past years, Tryskell might be right on the idea of choosing another chronicle.

The reason why IL, is just that it doesn't matter what Chronicle you develop on. They can be adapted everywhere, and because I love IL for some strange reason. Anyway, I was even planning to release multiple .diffs for different type of packs including Chronicles. Now, I do not know why directly everyone disappears but I had a 3 year break so I can work with something completely different for my own reasons, and now I decided to come back cuz I'm not as busy as before. Therefore, I have no clue what happened during this period and I would be happy if someone would tell me.

Edited by xFranky