[L2OFF] Istary

UnderGames

23 hours ago, UnderGames said:

Glad to hear it, you guys are welcome!

As for the quests - I know. But it's kinda on purpose.

This isn't our first server and we have a quite competitive community - in Gracia Final, it's extremely normal to see mage parties waaay ahead of the rest of the server at launch, both on level and gear.

With this setup (quests being slow, but raids having x7 drop rate), warrior parties are way more viable, since they will have a competitive option for gearing up.

Well the solution would be reducing the quest rates for only certain quests that meddle with the gameplay, and leaving the high drop/reward rate for the less important ones... It's a pity to butcher all the quests just because of few that are problematic

20 minutes ago, Herlitz said:

Well the solution would be reducing the quest rates for only certain quests that meddle with the gameplay, and leaving the high drop/reward rate for the less important ones... It's a pity to butcher all the quests just because of few that are problematic

Yes, I kinda agree with you, although we have our reasons. One would be - sadly, if you're familiar with L2OFF, there isn't an "easy way" for one to change the quest rates without breaking a lot of side stuff. I mean, it can be done, but it's actually the other way around - you would only touch the quests that you want to touch. But we have done it before, the thing is - it was a conscious decision not to do it this time around.

Speaking from experience now, and because I think it's an interesting topic to talk about, we have tried different variations of this setup over the years. Last year for example, we increased the quest rates for every "important" quest on Gracia Final, including Varka/Ketra for S Armors, FoG, IT, etc for S weapons, and so on. And while our players were happy at first, the differences between classes that are unbalanced on this chronicle became even bigger than before.

So we take into account our community as well, that happens to be very competitive in nature - consisting on several big groups of players who always try to take the most efficient route possible in order to win (and that was before we started giving prizes in USD!). So, everyone knows mage parties are extremely efficient in Gracia Final's early game, and having quests that boost their ability to quickly farm S-Grade weapon recipes, only helped their case. Basically if you were doing a warrior setup, you were dead on arrival, or your utility would only be reduced to having doombringers in order to support your side's mages.

Any other quests are basically worthless in Gracia Final and touching them would be kinda pointless. Also, since we like the competitive nature of our community, and the fact that the chronicle creates a bottleneck towards the midgame, our players are kinda forced to run into each other and engage in the open world - and compete for the leveling spot.

So our decision ends up being more like a "don't touch what's not broken", because players who seek a Gracia Final server actually want all of that, instead of a spoon-fed gearing system through instances and quests like High Five and so on. So at the end of the day, we decided to increase the drop rate for raids to x7 - incentivizing warrior setups and further giving people more reason to fight each other in the field :)

Edited by UnderGames

The Game Account creation for Istary - GF x15 is now online!

Starting now, you will be able to access your Master Account and create all the Game Accounts that you plan to use in the server.

- Account Panel: https://undergames.net/panel
- Server Info and Download links: https://www.undergames.net/foro/Thread-Istary-General-Info

We also remind you that today, at 20:00hs (GMT-3), the Character Creation will start! Which means - you will be able to access the server, but only up to the character creation/selection screen. You will be able to create your character(s), reserve your nicknames, and convert the Credits from your panel to Coins, in order to have everything ready and set up for launch day!

The clock is ticking for the grand opening! We will be waiting you all on the 4th of July, 20:00hs (GMT-3) for Istary's launch!

- The UnderGames Staff

Edited by UnderGames

In 24 hours from now, Istary will finally launch, and this year's biggest latin-american clash will start!

Join our community and fight for the top spot, tomorrow!

- Server Info and Download Links: https://www.undergames.net/info 
- Account Registration: https://www.undergames.net/panel
- Character creation: ONLINE!

We'll be seeing you ingame!

- The UnderGames Staff

1 hour ago, Doomus said:

100max online with boxes =)

Lol. Can I ask who are you? Because you seem to be fixated on hating on our server, hah.

Be my guest then. We open in 11 hours from now!

All of our servers have had 1500+ players. Here we had over 2000 game accounts (and counting) created in 48 hours.

But yes, the lone random maxcheaters hater sure knows best. By all means, join tonight and see for yourself :)

Wont join that sh1t server.. need donate for  more boxes etc... big clans will get free rune exp etc...  bots will run everywhere and i bet you wont ban/jail them... Or even u jail them but u unjail them by paying char out from jail =)

24 minutes ago, UnderGames said:

All of our servers have had 1500+ players. Here we had over 2000 game accounts (and counting) created in 48 hours.

2k accounts? seems like 1main+Box bd+Box sws+Box cov+Box spoil  

I don't understand. Are you just guessing things? Because you are failing horribly at doing so.

- In almost 4 years we have had 0 bot problems. We actually have a good protection system that takes care of most of them - the rest are hunted and banned by me personally.

- No clans receive any kind of benefits, or coins, or runes, or anything. No matter if they are big or small.

- As I said before (but I doubt you are actually reading any of my posts since you are just randomly hating on us), you don't need to donate in order to get anything from the shop. You can just get everything for adena if you want.

1 minute ago, rteshima said:

Arrancamos hoy con el clan Reich 50 ON!! Buena suerteeee

No esperaba recibir comentarios en español por estos lados! Bienvenidos y mucha suerte!! :wink: