Dont use personal info, while registering accounts in L2servers

Good evening Maxcheaters community, today there was a situation where i saw couple of players talking about "unusual activity" on their gmail accounts - i'm pretty sure that most of you know about it, but  i would like to refresh this and bring to everyone's attention. This notice is not only for Lineage 2 private servers but also other "privately" hosted games.

Do not use your personal data, while registering accounts on "private servers". Your information will be stored, even after quiting the game - i would bring Mytharas files, as best example - Moment you login to server, it will ask you to input email, pin, password + moment you "auto create account", all this information is being stored and can be used against you at later stages. 

- What are the chances that you are using same exact password on your facebook? or even email, which can be used spam "private server bullshit" to your friends.
- What are the chances that your password and email is exactly the same for paypal account?
- What are the chances that you have important mails/licences in your gmail inbox?
- What are the chances that your username will be tried to use login via other game servers, to sell items or even completely destroy your account, so you would stay playing for "that" private server?
- What are the chances that your skype login/password is exactly the same as you use for game account? and there are team of retards who are trying to login to get all the contacts from your account for "private server advertisement purpouse?"
- What are the chances that your "server patch" can be infected, and after you download it, you will spread it around your homegroup?
- What are the chances that your "Server patch" can be infected with tools, that DDoS'ers will use your PC to attack anyone they want, without you knowing it (whilst you spreading it around via your pc-> Smartphone->laptop->colleagues at work).

What i am trying to tell you is, that you should be cautious about these things. For example there are multiple private servers, which you enter on their website and it has "Click Jacking" your likes, to forcefully like their page. Once you like it -> your friends see that -> once your friends see that and they like, their friends see that, same goes for sharing content. It's not a news that some servers open 10 servers per year, what if you registered your account in 4 of them, having 3 similar passwords, 2 times similar pin code + 3 time similar emails = They already have full information about you, specially when you make donation, they will see your name. 

Steps what i suggest you to do:

1.  Spend 30 minutes of your time now to finish the steps, dont wait for it, dont push it to "TOMORROW"
2.  Create your self "shadow gmail account", write it's password down on piece of paper and leave it somewhere near your pc
      - Everytime when you register new L2 account, use your shadow emails

3. Try come up with a system for passwords, but having different passwords for each server, or use easy password on accounts you just enjoy pvp and not planning to stay for longer.
    - Some might come up with system like: !abcSERVERNAMEdfg!
4.  DO NOT GIVE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO ANYONE, everything can wait and people who try to rush ... high chance is that "they are nifty" or "i have to go hospital" story.
5. I would even advice you to create an 2ndary Paypal, one that you simply use for Donations or "enter your paypal email" (unless you can see url says: HTTPS:// and its official url)
6. use 2nd step authentication , its there for reason

That's it, Peace out!

Edited by iPlay.GG - KromBacher

yeah absolutely no one is gonna follow that advice, i mean hell you're on a site right now which used to click jack :D

i think the success rate of brute forcers which use leaked/stolen/bought server login dbs and hence the necessity for forced-prefix account registration is testament to the security precautions that lineage2 players take these days

• Like 1

great advice brah,but most playas alrdy know about such info (i guess?..)  happened since way back,i don't think ppl use such info imo it's 2k18 lol..

anyway still nice advice and thank for time.

11 minutes ago, camenomat0 said:

great advice brah,but most playas alrdy know about such info (i guess?..)  happened since way back,i don't think ppl use such info imo it's 2k18 lol..

anyway still nice advice and thank for time.

i have databases from l2 from 2k14/15 and ppl still using same psw till now, you can scam them easy.,.. ;) 

at l2destiny i scammed over 200accs in 1 day with old psw / accs , im sure if i have  their emails i find their psw also easy 

2 hours ago, AchYlek said:

i have databases from l2 from 2k14/15 and ppl still using same psw till now, you can scam them easy.,.. ;) 

at l2destiny i scammed over 200accs in 1 day with old psw / accs , im sure if i have  their emails i find their psw also easy 

achujek top scammer since 2k14? :O

Isnt it just more simple to create complicated pass combination not worth cracking ? I mean no1 who wants to scam will spend a full day to just crack one player.

18 minutes ago, Lineage2Master said:

Isnt it just more simple to create complicated pass combination not worth cracking ? I mean no1 who wants to scam will spend a full day to just crack one player.

or just use different accs and have a backup of 'em somewhere,it's simple

On 2/15/2018 at 1:54 PM, AchYlek said:

still didnt got hero :D

google/gmail will block login from unknown location (which you never used before) and send you warning to change password of affected account.

It's actually way how they won vs mass account hijaking used for spamming, X years ago is was big problem for them.

But yea, other websites might get affected but if someone uses same password for games and paypal then he deserves to get fucked :D