encrypt jserver lib

l2jkain

Question

yes search for obfuscation for java but you have to read the manual, i did this with yGuard but eventually if someone wants to crack your code he will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nightw0lf said:

yes search for obfuscation for java but you have to read the manual, i did this with yGuard but eventually if someone wants to crack your code he will.

I have a tutorial I searched for more I found a lot of things

Just as a sidenote, all your errors (thrown on console or logs) will be encrypted too. There is the possibility to create a rainbow table to desobfuscate your logs, but it's a pain in the ass.

3 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

You miss the point. Obfuscation is not about making the libraries uncrackable but unreadable.

true my mistake on the word "crack" it should be unreadable as you say

57 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Just as a sidenote, all your errors (thrown on console or logs) will be encrypted too. There is the possibility to create a rainbow table to desobfuscate your logs, but it's a pain in the ass.

you select what you want to encrypt and now that we bring that matter to the subject is better to avoid encrypt the main class, the system messages, gameserver, login classes (or you will find out eventually) cause nothing will be readable on the console.

and as elfo said this is to much for sharing.

You both didn't get the point of my answer, a strackTrace will be totally unreadable, since you edit all methods names (that's the point to obfuscate). The crafted log message "Failed to load {} on {}" "is like the least of your problem when your stack trace refer to ah.yyuu.iuui() method.

Good luck to debug it.

Edited by Tryskell

3 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

I can't possible summarize everything from the top of my head but i have a settings file which includes pretty much anything needed for an l2jserver.jar library to be obfuscated and fully functional (which im not willing to share).

Cringe

3 hours ago, .Elfocrash said:

those catch clauses in acis are insanely shit anyway. I had to go through all of them and change them to something that actually makes sense and helps the admin monitoring the console.

I don't see that as a problem.

I added recently a special Logger, with {} feature and Exception sent in both console and logs. I'm moving each Logger to that new implementation in same time I refresh datatype organization.

45 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

(correct me if I'm wrong as im holding back on installing 373).

You are wrong, but I stop the offtopic here. I only speak about a sidenote to remember, not my fault if you begin to speak about aCis, I didn't begin :D.

Edited by Tryskell

4 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

You are wrong.

Doesn't look like it https://pastebin.com/u9J4K6Cp

On the other hand i would never name a method with amazing self descriptive names liek log0 so, yeah.

Edited by .Elfocrash

1 minute ago, .Elfocrash said:

Doesn't look like it https://pastebin.com/u9J4K6Cp

Do a player.getClan().broadcastClanStatus() anywhere on EnterWorld and log a clanless ppl. Magic.

Edited by Tryskell

2 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

Do a player.getClan().broadcastClanStatus() anywhere on EnterWorld and log a clanless ppl. Magic.

Well i aint be moving to latest anytime soon, but i will take your word for it. after 6 years it was about time tbh.

Still doesnt explain the debug config removal tho.

Edited by .Elfocrash