Server configuration

kavvadi

Hello i want to setup a 2nd gameserver on a 2nd ip on the same dedi (linux).

pm here or contact via skype (kavvadi)

Edited by kavvadi

If i'm not wrong the only thing you have to do is to copy your gameserver folder and rename it to gameserver2 for example and copy it inside on your server files!
then register 2 game servers you will put the 1st server hexid inside the gameserver/config and the 2nd server hexid inside the gameserver2/config and that's all..
you can set up rates/feautures etc from your gameserver files and you can make w/e servers you want!

I don't know if the comment above is not right.
But you should be able to figure this one out, not buy.
Mine suggestion would be:

* Buy 2nd IP(as you requested).
 * Make a copy of gameserver.
 * Here is a question: same login server? If so, you have to add 2nd ip to your  loginserver configuration (your login server should be listening two ips).
 * DB configuration: leave localhost as it is.

I think this shouldn't be in WTB section, maybe in Linux OS help request.

On 11/29/2017 at 9:46 AM, Pleyne said:

* Buy 2nd IP(as you requested).
 * Make a copy of gameserver.
 * Here is a question: same login server? If so, you have to add 2nd ip to your  loginserver configuration (your login server should be listening two ips).
 * DB configuration: leave localhost as it is.

i bought the 2nd ip

i have an entirely different gameserver

different login

dont know about db

sorry for replying so late but i didnt get a notice from the posts on this topic

u can add me on skype or dm if u want =)

On 02.12.2017 at 2:37 PM, kavvadi said:

i bought the 2nd ip

i have an entirely different gameserver

different login

dont know about db

sorry for replying so late but i didnt get a notice from the posts on this topic

u can add me on skype or dm if u want =)

if you plan to use a different login server, there will be a problem related to the login port, since you are not able to modify it from l2.ini and it require a modification in dsetup.dll. You can buy sguard and ask them to change the login port to a different one.

I really want to see  how you will run two login servers on same port, as the god of java(Pleyne)  has gave you instructions.

Edited by claww

5 minutes ago, claww said:

if you plan to use a different login server, there will be a problem related to the login port, since you are not able to modify it from l2.ini and it require a modification in dsetup.dll. You can buy sguard and ask them to change the login port to a different one.

Buy sguard for that ? What nonsense is that ?

1 minute ago, Sdw said:

Buy sguard for that ? What nonsense is that ?

Ok, how you will change the login port into the client which by default is connecting to 2106

Edited by claww