Opening a server without anti-bot in 2k17.

Hi there. What would be the risks of opening a server without anti bot? What are the problems except bot-farming? I have been missing for some years now, and i see that adrenaline is used by a lot of people. What does a bot program do nowadays? 

10 minutes ago, Solomun said:

Hi there. What would be the risks of opening a server without anti bot? What are the problems except bot-farming? I have been missing for some years now, and i see that adrenaline is used by a lot of people. What does a bot program do nowadays? 

well on 2k17 things are a bit better less servers opening without a protection but still using bot on a server looks rly bad the all thing you do is bot bot gearing up in 1 day when others have to farm days i talk about people who do not know how to use bot programs but still i would prefer opening a server with a protection instead of watching bot land.

There are always ways to reduce the effect of the bots by doing good gameplay design. For some reason people think that the only way to gain gear and do progress is to kill monsters which is not true.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Reborn12 said:

They use it for all pvp farm etc and always there is kids will open 2-3 windows with bots to play solo pvp

So there are scripts (let's say for adrenaline) that gives you the opportunity to farm pvps?

I am referring to a PvP server. I don't care for bot farm...I just care for all the other stuff. Back in the days everyone was using l2tower with pvp suite anti-backstab and things like this.

So, the main question is....are there still such scripts out there?

Edited by Solomun

There is always scripts you can take some exambles from adrenaline forum what they are selling

https://forum.lineage2bot.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33&sid=97c1ade755ea63af52a61999a9bd29b9

Edited by Reborn12

8 hours ago, Solomun said:

bot allows for automation of game play... do you remember l2walker?  this was hands down the best bot (IMHO) .. allowed for automation of a character, or OOGWalker .. was a client w/o the client ^^

today, there is adrenaline ... i assume its like most other bots .. main difference being the author makes a living off of the thing, so you have what amounts to whole server 'guards' written to avoid adrenaline.  will give author credz, has good working knowledge of windows internals (although you are no ms-rem or ep_x0ff; mr. pcoder.)

although i think the reason people buy guards is their poorly founded fear of l2phx .. and some weird idea that any random idiot can download it and wreck havoc on a server ... simply untrue.  besides, guards keep out the kiddos and inept - there is no solution that will stop a determined and skilled attacker.

my 2cent.

just use fyyre's nophx and you'll be set

btw, all this talk about adrenaline and it's scripts - if your plan is to be using smartguard just remember it will never block adrenaline because akumu works with pcoder (adrenaline dev) to allow it to work through smart, so don't even bother if that's your goal

12 minutes ago, Anarchy said:

just use fyyre's nophx and you'll be set

btw, all this talk about adrenaline and it's scripts - if your plan is to be using smartguard just remember it will never block adrenaline because akumu works with pcoder (adrenaline dev) to allow it to work through smart, so don't even bother if that's your goal

thats why akumu is so legit :) when a wannabe guy going to buy from akumu smartguard he say him the same story nothing works on my guard even adr but if he see that he lies he just stop buying from akumu his product if you are a russian and u got famous server akumu blocks everything cuz $ is good :)

Bot is not, at least shout not be, your main concern. What you want is to block other programs, so ppl won't flood your server. In short. 

Edited by SweeTs

1 hour ago, AchYlek said:

Not even worth open server at 2k17,

it will die in 1 week

this thing happens since 2k15 and will continue till that game will die for ever. :D

13 hours ago, AchYlek said:

Not even worth open server at 2k17,

it will die in 1 week

Well, im pretty confident i can make the difference. I had 2 servers in the past with a lot of people each that lasted a while(pvp servers). I know how to atract players with the right way.

My main concern is this whole thing with antibot. Im low on budget. No matter how confident i am, we are talking about l2 community so i know that u can never be sure.

Anyway can i ask what other programs @Sweets?

Also will l2sguard do the job? This guy seems legit.

P.s: i was never planning to buy smartguard.

Edited by Solomun