L2Editor

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 11:12 AM, MrUnzO said:

sorry for dig it up but who know the solution for solving black terrain?

set up ambient brightness in zone info. Then rebuild map.

VLcixGv.png

Edited by Xtellia

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Xtellia said:

use gildor's ut2004 editor for that.

I have the both the ut2003 and ut2004 version that is able to open .ukx packs created by the ut2down tool, but I can't open default C1 packs with it. I've been trying to port C6 textures into the C1 client. I found out how to manually add notifys, but I was unable to import sounds into the pack. I tried editing directly the C1 pack with the lordofdest-l2editor-25.10.2017 version, which seems to work, but it crashed when trying to add animations (skirts).

Any help would be appreciated, because I am this close to crying, after trying to figure out for about a month now.

Edited by Orphexile

4 hours ago, Orphexile said:

I have the both the ut2003 and ut2004 version that is able to open .ukx packs created by the ut2down tool, but I can't open default C1 packs with it. I've been trying to port C6 textures into the C1 client. I found out how to manually add notifys, but I was unable to import sounds into the pack. I tried editing directly the C1 pack with the lordofdest-l2editor-25.10.2017 version, which seems to work, but it crashed when trying to add animations (skirts).

Any help would be appreciated, because I am this close to crying, after trying to figure out for about a month now.

just resave them with l2editor

6 hours ago, Xtellia said:

just resave them with l2editor

Could you by any chance share the tools?

What I tried so far:

https://mega.nz/file/X91XADKJ#hyWaVwfjlXvz4E_oS_mQlYIpwGnx1WYUHYqR5EN0GAo (I can open and save the original C1 .ukx with this one, but it crashes when trying to import .psa files)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wd0255tmwn7dgw2/UE2004.zip (I can open and edit .ukx files encrypted with the ut2down tool)

I have also tried the UnrealED from the latest patch of Unreal Tournament 2004, which can create .ukx files and is compatible with the ut2down encryption.

No matter what I do, I get the "bad sector" error when trying to open the .ukx file.

• 2 years later...

I got an error at elven zone file not found Oren_DEV_T_ from textures.
And after saving map, there is no shadow of the static mashes, the grass is missing, and a number of sound effects. Anyone have this file? I have a similiar named in the textures map Oren_DEV_T but somthing not right. I tried other editors, but they miss this file as well.

1 hour ago, Starfire868686 said:

I got an error at elven zone file not found Oren_DEV_T_ from textures.
And after saving map, there is no shadow of the static mashes, the grass is missing, and a number of sound effects. Anyone have this file? I have a similiar named in the textures map Oren_DEV_T but somthing not right. I tried other editors, but they miss this file as well.

Mising lighting, ground and sounds have nothing to do with that utx file; you'll get those problems regardless of whether you have the file or not. This editor is not complete, it has a bunch of errors, it can't handle map lighting at all.
You can try the Interlude and Prelude versions, those can handle lighting, but will break map geometry completely if you rebuild the map and it has bsp brushes.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Starfire868686 said:

well this far i was able to get 😄
Nincs elérhető leírás.

Sadly, that map will most likely crash overtime, not to mention that there's no day/night cycle, and staticmeshes aren't projecting shadows, if you tell me exactly what you want to add, and where, i might be able to help you

Well basically, its was just to practice, my final goal is to make the forgetted elmore part to public. If I'm able to learn the engine well. And i hope to find hein the build 😄. Im kind of a fan of the missing part, because somwhere deep down at the c4 age i knew there should be more, after IT i snapped, this cant be all, and two years ago i finded this conception map.

So this was my 20 year of l2, gaming and server managing in a nutshell 😄

image.jpeg.e45891c6b47449734f4d1318191d4cb7.jpeg

Edited by Starfire868686
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finn said:

Sadly nobody has the time to introduce people who are interested into l2 map editing ^^

Yeah man, there's just too much to cover, especially if you only have access to freeshared tools
Need to figure out a bunch of very niche things, such as map geometry, lighting, movers, using bsp brushes without fucking up the map, then moving onto generating geodata, and a long etc.

6 hours ago, Starfire868686 said:

So this was my 20 year of l2, gaming and server managing in a nutshell 😄

If you have questions ask away and I'll try to answer through DMs or something, so this doesnt get too big