Help Me Whit Balance

Mellion

Question

Hello, guys, I am asking really seriously, how to make a good balance between classes Olympiad and outside Olympiad?  

I have Acis 360rev, I am using on my server lots custom thinks like vote manager and lots thinks (most basic thinks for PvP server), I create Custom PvP server.    

But I have a HUGE problem, VERY HUGE. I have to deal with balancing problem. The server does have any huge Java bugs, but balance is tragic..... 

I TRY EVERYTHING! but no way I could balance classes, I am in a panic I do not know what to do, I am working on Acis pack months, I payed for Java codes at least (10-150eu).  

I do not know what to do, maybe you, guys know the best way to make the balance for Acis server? Maybe some Java codes help whit balance (No problem if that paid codes).  

So if you know any tricks, please tell me.  

If you do not like theme or just hate me, please ignore the theme, and please do not do Offtopic post.
Edited by Mellion

8 answers to this question

Hello, guys, I am asking really seriously, how to make a good balance between classes Olympiad and outside Olympiad?  

I have Acis 360rev, I am using on my server lots custom thinks like vote manager and lots thinks (most basic thinks for PvP server), I create Custom PvP server.    
But I have a HUGE problem, VERY HUGE. I have to deal with balancing problem. The server does have any huge Java bugs, but balance is tragic..... 
I TRY EVERYTHING! but no way I could balance classes, I am in a panic I do not know what to do, I am working on Acis pack months, I played for Java codes at least (10-150eu).  
I do not know what to do, maybe you, guys know the best way to make the balance for Acis server? Maybe some Java codes help whit balance (No problem if that paid codes).  
So if you know any tricks, please tell me.  

If you do not like theme or just hate me, please ignore the theme, and please do not do Offtopic post.

3 minutes duration

A grade 8 armor/jewels 16 weapons

Class based

Self buff like gold style server.

Everything else is pure trash and unbalanced.There isnt anything more balanced than 2 people with same buffs same gear (?) same class.Totally based on skill and luck

Edited by bravetobe

If you got no custom server its easy to make a good balance if you got custom armors etc then its a big trouble you have to make the stats like it should...no op stats

• Since you have custom items you have to focus on items

Change skills stats as sweets said

You can edit the formulas for dmg so you can play with classes

• You can edit the formulas for dmg so you can play with classes

There is no need. On my server, with proper buffs (full resists which power have been decreased btw), you can win a mage with a blade dancer :D

Edited by SweeTs

Avoid 24/30 fullbuff 1h, lineage 2 buffs aren't made for that purpose (should I remember you dvp critting lvl 60+ A grade 4k damage with like... 6 buffs ?). If you do, then it's up to you to balance the crap. The biggest decrease can be achieved with critical damage add type, aka Death Whisper alike effects.

It's known from everyone than L2J enchant system impacts formulas way more than they should (superior to 10 becomes really wild), and L2J got also a problem with stacking resistances. Finally you got specific config to see exactly how formulas handle values. Simply activate this specific config, see where it lacks and tweak it.

But tbh, and until you messed up like I said, even with flawed values and formulas (notably resistances), the balance is... "decent". Not sure if Sahar edited a lot of skills on L2OvC, but it was pretty much legit.

Shortly said :

- no fullbuff 1h, max 24 buff slots (dances/songs are short for a reason, try to guess why).

- avoid boss jewels for everyone

- avoid enchant superior to 10, or rework enchant system impact (notably skill success %).

- resistances stacking is fucked up.

Regarding aCis, I spoke with sdw (L2JUnity dev) to buy the rights to use incoming skills refactor/formulas (parsing L2OFF data + fixing formulas). There is strictly no ETA atm, moreover when you know I want to focus on spawnlist refactor for next cycle (to fix guards on NPC siege, 7 signs which is supposed to use 4 lists according event, and implement last grandbosses and retail events).

Edited by Tryskell

Like Tryskell mentioned above, as long as your server is far from being retail, you need to nerf buffs.

http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/202656-custom-pvp-servers-balance/