Game Server Info

delamis

Question

11 answers to this question

It is JVM ( Java Virtual Machine ) When you make settings configuration MYSQL you have a choice of three options " Developer Default ", " Server only ", " Client only " This mean which version you use... Newest version can have four or five options more like " Full " or " Custom " If you have in plan open a live server choose ( server only ) there you can configure all what you want but here can be exception sometime in file .bat in your source files you can configure of ram ussage of server parameter. Thats all :)

Use VisualVM to understand directly how it works. Max size is the max size your server can achieve without returning a out of memory error, used memory is the memory used at an instant I, and you have to understand than the memory is constantly fluctuating according internal variables, operations, calculations which is considered to be a temporary memory usage, a almost cyclic one on a empty server. GC (garbage collector) collects all those temporary variables/containers and then destroy them when not used anymore.

VisualVM is embedded with any JDK version (for me it's C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_92\bin and jvisualvm.exe), simply launch it, launch your server, bind VisualVM to your server = profit.

PS : from my personal tests avoid to give a really huge max size, as the GC has to collect way more variables to fully run it, and it's easier to clean 500mo than 7,5g of temporary objects.

PS2 : mySQL settings got nothing related to JVM. At all.

Edited by Tryskell

Then for example;

i gonna give a space beetwen 1 - 7 and I will refrain to using 8/8 ram right ?

Thanks

I didn't understand what you mean, my point was if your server never reaches 1g, it's pointless to give 8g to the VM.

Without geoengine on, you're pretty much ok with 2g. With geoengine on it depends about your geoengine, generally with 4g you're perfectly ok.

i mean, can i give a value beetwen 1-7 or 1-4 gb ram. So if i work like this, it gonna use how it needs

Use a 64b JDK to avoid any problem regarding JVM size, otherwise you're limited.

The lower is the value, the more efficient will be the garbage collector. Use VisualVM to tweak values and parameters.

Use a 64b JDK to avoid any problem regarding JVM size, otherwise you're limited.

The lower is the value, the more efficient will be the garbage collector. Use VisualVM to tweak values and parameters.

Okay, thanks a lot