L2Dot Net Interlude Project

you are proficient in C# and for that you create this project ... nice !!!

but this project core is like java and nothing like C# ... wtf ?

i can't understand what are you saying

good luck again for your project ( is like java and you create it why you is proficient in C# and nothing is in core is like C# )

omg .....

good luck again

"So, which language is superior? You have Java, which will run on many different operating systems without recompiling code. You have C#, which seems to have many more built-in language features, and will run on any operating system that has an installed CLR. Naturally, if you have limited development time and need an application that can run on almost any operating system, then Java seems to be the obvious current choice. But if you know that your application will run on Windows, and you have or don't have limited development time, using a good type-safe, powerful language like C# seems to a very excellent decision. Anywhere in-between, which most software falls, will require a more difficult analysis.

I have used both languages professionally, so I know about some of the strengths and weaknesses of both. If it were my choice, and I were to create a new application that I knew would run on a Windows operating system, then I would choose C# over Java. From my experience, I know that even Java applications don't always behave the same way on different operating systems, particularly when building user interfaces. But I'm not trying to "dis" Java; it's a minor miracle that it works at all on so many platforms. Rather, I would choose C# over any language that I've used before, including C++, Smalltalk, Pascal, Lisp, and again, Java—you name it. C# is a very good pure object-oriented programming language, with lots of features. It is quite evident that the architects of C# spent a lot of quality time and quantity effort to build such a potentially quintessential language. It does have a few debatably minor snags, some of them described above, but the strengths far outweigh any of its minor weaknesses. But what I think doesn't really matter. What does matter is what language you will use to create your next application. That is up to you.

If you have read this document to this point, I thank you. It is lengthier than I originally planned, but it could in reality be much longer—there is so much left to cover. But the ironic conclusion that I must come to is this: it doesn't matter which language is better, and maybe more important, which language to use. Why, you may ask, after all your devoted reading? Because C# doesn't even care. If you read the section above about language interoperability, you realize that C# doesn't even know what languages were used in the libraries that it imports and uses. To C#, compiled J# looks just like compiled C# looks just like compiled managed C++ looks just like compiled whatever-new-language-is-supported. If C# doesn't care, why should you? And in reality, the "C# versus Java" debate is just an either-or fallacy anyway; there are of course many language choices at your disposal. Use whatever you want. Personally, I will continue to use C# because I think that it is a solid language. But the introduction of Visual Studio .NET should make comparisons moot, because more and more languages should be supported by this development tool and platform in the near future, allowing you to use whatever language you choose. And at that point, any choice you make shouldn't be a bad one.

Maybe we don't have to dream about that "fantasy world" any longer."

Full article's Source: C# and Java: Comparing Programming Languages

Edited by DEV|Supreme

- October 2003 article.

- Article found on microsoft website.

Do you think a microsoft article would blame their own langage ?

Do you think quoting a 13y old article is interesting (Java 5 came in 2004, Lineage 2 wasn't even launched on NA).

- October 2003 article.

- Article found on microsoft website.

Do you think a microsoft article would blame their own langage ?

Do you think quoting a 13y old article is interesting (Java 5 came in 2004, Lineage 2 wasn't even launched on NA).

C# and visual studio was pretty shit back then too.

The main point tho is that C# in a windows environment with outperform Java (even running on linux) by a mile. That's a benchmarked fact. 

And that's mainly because java doesn't have one environment, it has all of them while C# was made to run perfectly on one environment.

Now with .NET Core you can run C# everywhere without needing .net framework installed and still have the awesome performance.

So...yeah..

"So, which language is superior? You have Java, which will run on many different operating systems without recompiling code. You have C#, which seems to have many more built-in language features, and will run on any operating system that has an installed CLR. Naturally, if you have limited development time and need an application that can run on almost any operating system, then Java seems to be the obvious current choice. But if you know that your application will run on Windows, and you have or don't have limited development time, using a good type-safe, powerful language like C# seems to a very excellent decision. Anywhere in-between, which most software falls, will require a more difficult analysis.

I have used both languages professionally, so I know about some of the strengths and weaknesses of both. If it were my choice, and I were to create a new application that I knew would run on a Windows operating system, then I would choose C# over Java. From my experience, I know that even Java applications don't always behave the same way on different operating systems, particularly when building user interfaces. But I'm not trying to "dis" Java; it's a minor miracle that it works at all on so many platforms. Rather, I would choose C# over any language that I've used before, including C++, Smalltalk, Pascal, Lisp, and again, Java—you name it. C# is a very good pure object-oriented programming language, with lots of features. It is quite evident that the architects of C# spent a lot of quality time and quantity effort to build such a potentially quintessential language. It does have a few debatably minor snags, some of them described above, but the strengths far outweigh any of its minor weaknesses. But what I think doesn't really matter. What does matter is what language you will use to create your next application. That is up to you.

If you have read this document to this point, I thank you. It is lengthier than I originally planned, but it could in reality be much longer—there is so much left to cover. But the ironic conclusion that I must come to is this: it doesn't matter which language is better, and maybe more important, which language to use. Why, you may ask, after all your devoted reading? Because C# doesn't even care. If you read the section above about language interoperability, you realize that C# doesn't even know what languages were used in the libraries that it imports and uses. To C#, compiled J# looks just like compiled C# looks just like compiled managed C++ looks just like compiled whatever-new-language-is-supported. If C# doesn't care, why should you? And in reality, the "C# versus Java" debate is just an either-or fallacy anyway; there are of course many language choices at your disposal. Use whatever you want. Personally, I will continue to use C# because I think that it is a solid language. But the introduction of Visual Studio .NET should make comparisons moot, because more and more languages should be supported by this development tool and platform in the near future, allowing you to use whatever language you choose. And at that point, any choice you make shouldn't be a bad one.

Maybe we don't have to dream about that "fantasy world" any longer."

Full article's Source: C# and Java: Comparing Programming Languages

I read all your text ( you read all my post ? )

i don't said nothing for how languages is better

i said only this session is for l2j and this project is not l2j and need new session ( I can not explain it more ) me english is verry bad for explain it  more

if you read my first and second post can you see that, and don't get random post for spam... read all post plz next time

Edited by pirama

i said only this session is for l2j and this project is not l2j and need new session ( I can not explain it more ) me english is verry bad for explain it  more

1. There is no specific section for such project, as L2OFF uses one langage and L2J uses another. This project uses a third langage.

2. This is the best section for such exotic thread, as it shares all aspects with L2J (emulator, langage similarities). The point it hasn't be moved by another moderator into a more appropriate section should be enough for you.

Firstly i was talking about C# running on windows. But thanks for that cuz you help me prove my point.

Everything up to fasta is what you should really care about.

And what you are seeing there is the 1.0.0-preview2-003121 of .NET Core (Which launched last month) compared to latest JRE version running on DEBIAN.

Let's say that again all together. The FIRST ever release version of .NET Core with the LATEST version JRE.

Yeah to me that's a huge win.

Edited by .Elfocrash

1. There is no specific section for such project, as L2OFF uses one langage and L2J uses another. This project uses a third langage.

2. This is the best section for such exotic thread, as it shares all aspects with L2J (emulator, langage similarities). The point it hasn't be moved by another moderator into a more appropriate section should be enough for you.

is not for me lol

is for forum this project is not l2j ( give on forum better image ).

this project yes is similar but not work like l2j... not use same program's for compile , edit , add , code's . all is differently 

i think this project need new session that is me opinion ( share for this project , fix ,everything is differently )

if you and everyone believe C# and Java is same and this project must stay here

simply if is similar adapt all code's of this session on C#

you see ? is not same :) and need another session for talking for this ( is not l2j )

I read all your text ( you read all my post ? )

i don't said nothing for how languages is better

if you read my first and second post can you see that, and don't get random post for spam... read all post plz next time

Oh I read all this posts topic alright.

Only answered you how to google some of the noticeable on fly Informations about your first question "difference between java and c# developments", there's tons of info about their differences including the one's sdw mentioned

Haven't mentioned his as you looked you didnt understood the regular basis so it would be better showing you something in theory...

Oh I read all this posts topic alright.

Only answered you how to google some of the noticeable on fly Informations about your first question "difference between java and c# developments", there's tons of info about their differences including the one's sdw mentioned

Haven't mentioned his as you looked you didnt understood the regular basis so it would be better showing you something in theory...

i know is not same and that i said this project is not l2j and need another session ( my post 2o )

and elfo told me this session is good for this project . but if this project is not l2j and l2j and C# is not same 

this project need another session  ( like l2off ) why l2j and l2off have difference session ?

wtf on all forum only me i see this difference ?

can you tell me your opinion for this ?

is same java and C# ?

this project stay good on l2j session ?

Edited by pirama

is not for me lol

is for forum this project is not l2j ( give on forum better image ).

this project yes is similar but not work like l2j... not use same program's for compile , edit , add , code's . all is differently 

i think this project need new session that is me opinion ( share for this project , fix ,everything is differently )

if you and everyone believe C# and Java is same and this project must stay here

simply if is similar adapt all code's of this session on C#

you see ? is not same :) and need another session for talking for this ( is not l2j )

You just did 2 pages of nonsense simply to tell than, according to you, that topic got no place here. Cut the crap out.

Testing our live test server with Szaka :D

rAnHOBz.png

Oh I'm famous!

i dont said that ...  C# and C++ have more commons than java and C#

At first glance I didn't see difference between C# and java. C++ is totally different world! Especially C++11, seems like completely new language <3

Edited by Szakalaka