Adding An Item On A Player While Hes Offline

`Son

Question

Im trying to make an engine which will reward some top players. Adding an item in a players inventory while hes online is pretty easy, any idea on how i could make it give it to offline players aswell?

I declined the idea of using a connection through the database because of the use of objectid conflict. Idk if theres already a premade method to do it in l2j because im new.

Edited by TheAllKnowing

10 answers to this question

You wanna use the IdFactory NextId method and not having object id conflicts. Thats pretty much the reason this exists in the first place. What do you think the giveItem method does anyway?

You can add a code in EnterWorld which checks if the user is eligible for a reward (you can store the player IDs in DB). If he is, then the engine spawns the reward in his inventory.

You can add a code in EnterWorld which checks if the user is eligible for a reward (you can store the player IDs in DB). If he is, then the engine spawns the reward in his inventory.

+1 No reason to add an item to a player when he is off, just give it to him automaticly when he log in ^^

Edited by IpotoniC

What you just said is firstly not what he is asking and secondly really bad practice in general.

+1 No reason to add an item to a player when he is off, just give it to him automaticly when he log in ^^

Ofc there are reasons to give items to players that are offline.
Edited by .Elfocrash

Create a useless overhead, as you have to manage delayed rewards anyway (by... db connection, except if you want your server loses track of rewards upon server restart).

Dbception.

you can try  same code like email pop up, but i'm not sure if this work's

this is just a example :D

// Mail pop up
if (!AccountManager.hasSubEmail(activeChar))
ThreadPoolManager.getInstance().scheduleGeneral(new OnEnterMail(activeChar),
Edited by xAddytzu

I guess the only way is to use either a db table with

1. player_id_to_reward (charId)

2. rewarded (boolean)

and then just check if rewarded=0 in enterworld then 

addItem(String process, int itemId, long count, L2Object reference, boolean sendMessage)

activeChar.addItem("reward",  reward_itemId, 1, null, 0);

rewarded=1;

whatd u think? any other most optimized way?

Edited by TheAllKnowing

I guess the only way is to use either a db table with

1. player_id_to_reward (charId)

2. rewarded (boolean)

and then just check if rewarded=0 in enterworld then 

addItem(String process, int itemId, long count, L2Object reference, boolean sendMessage)

activeChar.addItem("reward",  reward_itemId, 1, null, 0);

rewarded=1;

whatd u think? any other most optimized way?

Sounds like the one I suggested. There is a problem with this however. Let's say there is a player called X. X hasn't been online for weeks and he's eligible for a reward. In that week he was offline he was also eligible for another reward. With this code he will only get his reward once. What you can do is to store an integer called numberofrewards in DB and just reward him as many times as the value of numberofrewards

Edited by Silverwind

What i did is:

Created a new db table handling the rewards. I got a key column with ids of rewards, charId, rewardGiven(boolean).

So on  EnterWorld i make it to check if the rewards table contains activeChar.getCharId() and rewardGiven=false then give the reward. This way i guess will be effective and i wont miss any rewards.

I just care to improve on java so im looking for optimized ways. The problem is solved, but i would indeed appreciate any better idea than this. :)