New Name Coloring.

An4rchy

Hey guys, i just made this thing:

http://pastebin.com/zrk5iKqf

What it is?

This is a pvp name coloring system, but little different from others. You set the config:

NameColorSwapsPvp = 100_00FF00,FFFF00;200_F34342,000000,54673F

Where 100, 200 are the amount of pvps for the feature to begin. The others after _ are the colors the name will be switching to every X seconds(you can add as many as you want), where X:

NameColorSwapTime = 1

So basically your name will change between the colors set at the configs every X seconds(set at configs too).

I didn't test it, it's coded on aCis though on some old files i had on private svn.

It is lamely coded(i am bored) and i wouldn't really suggest this for a live server since a UserInfo and CharInfo packet is sent every X(at configs) second(s) to update the color.

HF.

Edited by An4rchy

It is lamely coded(i am bored) and i wouldn't really suggest this for a live server since a UserInfo and CharInfo packet is sent every X(at configs) second(s) to update the color.

HF.

Well isn't that the only way that can be done? 

I'm afraid so yes, but when i say it is lamely coded i didn't say that because of the packets, but because of the other code ;p

Well that's something different! :)

Don't worry about the code! Mostly here don't know java (only applying code) so yeah they won't care from the moment this works!

Also it's ok for a live server, sending userinfo,charinfo packets every 1 sec isn't a problem. (That's what I think ofc  , I don't say it's the truth , correct me if I am wrong )

Well that's something different! :)

Don't worry about the code! Mostly here don't know java (only applying code) so yeah they won't care from the moment this works!

Hah, that's true indeed ;p

Also it's ok for a live server, sending userinfo,charinfo packets every 1 sec isn't a problem. (That's what I think ofc  , I don't say it's the truth , correct me if I am wrong )

Well the truth is that there won't be a 'lag' problem with that specific feature, but combined with several others it can slow things down a bit ;p

I wouldn't recommend to set the timer to 1, because some actions like augmentation are interrupted when UserInfo & CharInfo packages are sent, meaning you have to close and reopen the window to actually augment.

I wouldn't recommend to set the timer to 1, because some actions like augmentation are interrupted when UserInfo & CharInfo packages are sent, meaning you have to close and reopen the window to actually augment.

can you explain please with some proofs of what you mean?

For example, try to move any item from inventory or skill from skill window to the bar while attacking a mob. You simply can't. The icon is gone - packets interruption.

Sort of. That's what he means :)

Edited by SweeTs

I hope you don't mind if i say what could be done better

- you could make one thread for whole server, not one for each player

- you could replace int[] color and int last with just String currentColor

- This run() method in Coloring class is some kind of bullshit. You can just send packet every 100 seconds, not once a second.

Edited by vampir

Oh. i am really sorry. I understood that the code should switch the color every 100 seconds(not after 100 pvps). So the code is quite fine, i can show you later(when i am at home) how it could be made with one thread and without int[] color and int last so it would be a bit faster(but i don't think you would notice any difference in performance even on server with large amount of players)