Do you want L2J/l2OFF Developer rank back or Coder for general?

Maxtor

Do you want L2J/l2OFF Developer rank back or Coder for general?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want L2J/l2OFF Developer rank back or Coder for general?

• L2OFF/L2J Developers Rank
    • Coder Rank

Tryskell's project is a half private project which he gets a good deal of money from(i suppose), (...) You know we do this project for free we dont ask for money from it nor doing it for fame(i can safely say we have estabilish a reputation around here alredy), we do this because thats a passion to us and a great hobby. (...)

Tryskell was saying something similar at beginning I believe, but ended up as a so called a half private project (commercial) - by the way, I do not blame such decision, just stating my opinion. Interlude Archid was also free at beginning, latter - after spotting large commercial opportunity, changed their mind as well.

On topic, voted first.

Tryskell was saying something at beginning I believe, but ended up as a so called a half private project (commercial) - by the way, I do not blame such decision, just stating my opinion. Interlude Archid was also free at beginning, latter - after spotting large commercial opportunity, changed their mind as well.

On topic, voted first.

Yes only a few people can stick to a plan, btw i would love to see you back in "action" if you still do stuff like that :P

Well after reading little bit and seeing cooperation between you and Setekh again I thought about it, if you can provide some more details on pm I would be grateful

I don't really understand the subject, as anyway both L2J/L2OFF or Coder will have same (poor) priviledges. Coder denomination is more generic, but you don't know "fast" on what good the guy is supposed to be. Well, as there isn't a lot of L2OFF devs, I guess it is ok.

I personally think if there are 2 different sections, there should have 2 different ranks, with priviledges regarding their own section. A L2OFF guy got no reason to moderate L2J section, and vice-versa.

Tbh, the whole Coder rank is kinda pointless if you ask me. There should have some moderators for each big sections, and that's all. Cutting tasks in more little become pointless at a moment (when as a 'moderator' you have to ask to a bigger moderator to clean up a thread, there is the beginning of nonsense and not productive way).

PS : If you want to speak about aCis, and reasons why I moved from "open source" to "contribution2use" and then "freemium", there's a 120 pages thread with almost 60k views dedicated to it.

Anyway :

• I did/do almost no money (900€ since last november), and if I wanted money I would simply work IRL (in France you earn 1k€/month, 35h/week, no matter the job : do the maths).
  • Monetization has been introduced because some people were selling aCis, from time it was contribution2use. I prefer the money generated by the project goes to my project rather than leakers.
  • I created a community where people who logs on my forums are willing to help. No whiners, no bots. You can agree or disagree with how I achieved it, the fact is it is working enough good than I never had to think about returning back to open source.

Finally, I prefer code contribution rather than money, for the simple reason than code contributors improve their knownledge while someone who just got money and got no clue about L2J would make a terrible admin. So the "we don't ask your money" can apply for my project too. There is more benefits sharing code than giving money, both for me and for you. The final point being, for one as the other, to contribute.

'No work, no candies.'

PS2 : Intrepid, what's your open source project timeline ?

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna reveal it yet, not for you guys since most of you are just waiting to whine about this not done and this not done also and the rest of the bs you guys will rage about when i will make it public :D