Do you think that a dying era is coming for private servers with the GoD launch?

Freyr

Choose an answer below.  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Choose an answer below.

• Yes, with no donations, easy exp and no bugs there is no reason not to play in GoD.
    • No, private servers have their own magic. Love bugs, donations and overpower.

To be fair only few private servers are populated with a average of 1-2k people.

The rest are only fail servers and crappy servers.

And if the Lineage 2 Official will be free i have to admit that the fail servers will dissapear for sure.

Most of them , but Innova's west server will not be so populated as NCSoft's since in the west server to join some instances you need to pay.

Despite the fact that it seems easy to reach level 40 or so on official server, its gonna be a struggle to reach max level 99 as the game progresses. I am sure people will still prefer private servers with easier gameplay. Right now though theres no reason for private low rates to exist.

official free=private free fail home made hosted servers may die

Good hosted servers with experienced people who got gameplay & programming experience will never die. So it depends for what kind of server someone wants to join. For example I don't like overcrawded servers I am loosing my sense.

I think private servers wont die...

There are people that just dont have the time to play on a x1 server or that just dont want to :p.

I personally also prefer pvp above pve... so I prefer atleast a midrate or higher. So I think if you got a bit good private server you dont have to worry a lot about the fact that official became free. Ofcourse private lowrate servers will get a beat i guess ^^ Lowrate private servers got bugs etc while official got none or alteast not that many and everything works, so better to play x1 on official then let us say x1/5 on private server.

My thought :p

To be fair only few private servers are populated with a average of 1-2k people.

The rest are only fail servers and crappy servers.

And if the Lineage 2 Official will be free i have to admit that the fail servers will dissapear for sure.

this.

its easy to notice the amount of ppl who have moved from private servers to official (came back to official with this after playing in priv servers and leaving L2 for a year or 2) it can be seen by lenguages and way of playing of some people, even names sometimes lol..