aCis - another CRAPPY interlude server

Tryskell

Vhalior evil noob don't hunt posts on my topic :D (that decreases my own post count).

Changeset 201

Doormen, misc

Doormen

- castle doormen are now retail-like (possibility to teleport in and out, drop of "open/close all doors" function).

- addition of 56 teleports location.

- unhardcode all CHDoormen HTMs.

- addition of many missing Doormen (Siegable CHs ones, 2 at Frontier Border) and fix some templates (Doormen of Hell were bugged as hell).

- drop of all useless HTMs.

Misc

- GmListTable is moved on datatable section.

- 2 spawns of Squashs have been dropped (in 4s...) Ty Vonak.

- TaskPriority is dropped (useless crap).

This commit doesn't fix yet CH doors issue.

I can't help but notice the IRC channel is empty :C

Also, I switched from the l2j nightlies to this svn, however I noticed when trying to manually edit sql data:

CREATE TABLE `spawnlist` (
  `npc_templateid` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `locx` mediumint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `locy` mediumint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `locz` mediumint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `heading` mediumint(6) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `respawn_delay` mediumint(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `periodOfDay` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
);

The spawnlist table has no key fields. Is this intentional or was it something that was over-looked:

7wTJz.jpg

IRC has been deserted since a long time (months ago). Basically it has never been populated, to be honest, lol. 3 max isn't a * real* success, but an honorable fail :P.

Spawnlist doesn't have primary key from basic. So far, I think it's a generic L2J mark (correct me if I'm wrong), from IL (and surely before) to current times. You have to add one column only for that if you really need.

IRC has been deserted since a long time (months ago). Basically it has never been populated, to be honest, lol. 3 max isn't a * real* success, but an honorable fail :P.

Spawnlist doesn't have primary key from basic. So far, I think it's a generic L2J mark (correct me if I'm wrong), from IL (and surely before) to current times. You have to add one column only for that if you really need.

I guess it's not actually needed, though I know it can really hurt the performance in some cases:

"1) Since you are not using an explicit primary key, the mysqld node will end up randomly connecting to whatever ndbd node it happens to choose, from which the transaction is re-routed to the right data nodes. This unnecessary adds (doubles!) network latency.

2) When inserting, fetching the unique autoincrement value acts like a global lock for all inserts. You can parallelize all you want, but it doesn't get any faster. (There is ndb_autoincrement_prefetch_sz to prefetch a number of keys in a batch, but still, always always use primary key.)"

Though since it's only a fetch during the load of the server, I guess it's not a big deal.

You're right, that's only during server loading. And you can find on inet 100+ tips about how to make mySQL faster :P. That's a project itself...

non?

or all, depends of PoV. Project is project, there isn't "stable" version. We move on, each commit corrects bugs. If you miss 10 revisions, you got between 20 and 40 bugs and/or less content for sure compared to latest version (average quests commited per commit is 3, you calculate).

Use latest revision each time. The only bug I introduced those days are CH doors. Previous bug was inventory refactor, 3 months ago and knownlist refactor, 5-6 months ago.

or all, depends of PoV. Project is project, there isn't "stable" version. We move on, each commit corrects bugs. If you miss 10 revisions, you got between 20 and 40 bugs and/or less content for sure compared to latest version (average quests commited per commit is 3, you calculate).

Use latest revision each time. The only bug I introduced those days are CH doors. Previous bug was inventory refactor, 3 months ago and knownlist refactor, 5-6 months ago.

Ok, thanks.