aCis - another CRAPPY interlude server

Tryskell

10-19 revs only? :D

Leek behind our back?I would understand that in case of a fully private project but not here

You know, ex some ppl would take 'our' codes and put them into their private SVN. While they don't give a shit in return, you know.. :)

Playin' around da sources to find what I want after xx weeks / months? No, thanks :troll:

good, i hate cats

Oh hell noo !

oh_hell_no.gif

You know, ex some ppl would take 'our' codes and put them into their private SVN. While they don't give a shit in return, you know.. :)

Playin' around da sources to find what I want after xx weeks / months? No, thanks :troll:

Oh hell noo !

oh_hell_no.gif

well i dont get the idea behind it but too bad for me :D

Acis gives people a motivation to contribute in order to get the latest shit coming. It works like

"I help cook, I'll eat together with the other guys that helped."

"Oh I don't wanna help anyone, i will just eat the leftovers, if there are any."

The point is people who cares about pack got latest, while others get leftovers.

A leecher would only care about the pack, not about the community, right ? I only care about people who are ready to help,  I let leechers for your own pack.

When after some months you will manage to see your pack is used but you got almost no feedback, nor any type of help but complaints everyday regarding your crap, or simply people making their copyrights instead of your, I swear to whatever exists on Milky Way you will change your way to think OR STOP THE DEVELOPEMENT BEING DEMOTIVATED.

I'm watching you, if your pack survives 2 years (for info aCis exists since dec 2010) I will change of opinion, and if you fail it would prove than my way is viable.

PS : my way works without any problem. You can hate it, but it works. That's the most important fact. Open source doesn't work. You will receive less help overall than I currently get with my way than letting your pack open source.

Intrepid, svn and timeline are hidden so that people that want the daily updates(ex. rev 296,297 etc) must pay. I think that's the main reason and that 'system' also (not really the last months) motivates people to contribute to take the updates for free.

Intrepid, svn and timeline are hidden so that people that want the daily updates(ex. rev 296,297 etc) must pay.

Not rly true. Since customers doesn't have the access to the timeline nor svn. Just IC got it. :)

I think that's the main reason and that 'system' also (not really the last months) motivates people to contribute to take the updates for free.

Well, not rly true as above. We got 2 new IC members! :)

Like we say in Poland:

"It goes shitty, but stable!" :troll:

The point is people who cares about pack got latest, while others get leftovers.

A leecher would only care about the pack, not about the community, right ? I only care about people who are ready to help,  I let leechers for your own pack.

When after some months you will manage to see your pack is used but you got almost no feedback, nor any type of help but complaints everyday regarding your crap, or simply people making their copyrights instead of your, I swear to whatever exists on Milky Way you will change your way to think OR STOP THE DEVELOPEMENT BEING DEMOTIVATED.

I'm watching you, if your pack survives 2 years (for info aCis exists since dec 2010) I will change of opinion, and if you fail it would prove than my way is viable.

PS : my way works without any problem. You can hate it, but it works. That's the most important fact. Open source doesn't work. You will receive less help overall than I currently get with my way than letting your pack open source.

I dont hate it, i was just simply curious about the reasons behind it. We think differently about open source tho so we cant really see anything the same way in that subject.

Well, Intre. You can see the results of open (or not) source on our example:

Frozen and aCis.

Compare communities and you will find out your path! :troll:

Well, Intre. You can see the results of open (or not) source on our example:

Frozen and aCis.

Compare communities and you will find out your path! :troll:

Frozen...i get over 10 requests a day to fix a bug in it...

BTW just looked into shared rev290 :)

I don't care about open source. I care about making a community, linked by the power of love (see Sido and SweeTs on forums to understand) !

Open source is for facking geeks, it doesn't help when you manage to create your own pack and has to develop it solo. You will understand. Or you will stop to develop losing motivation, pretexting you stop for another reason.

I bring people together ; some could think you're FORCED TO help, but that's the meaning of being a community for me. I'm not interested by people who feel like they're "forced to" help. If it's not natural, they go on L2JFrozen - and it's a reason L2JFrozen is popular : I could change of system, put a buffer and a fotress crap and voila, I gain all L2JFrozen fans - but I got more peeps helping than L2JFrozen, more innovation, and people who helped in the past continue to help.

Now if you manage to see your pack is popular but you got no help, and you live with it, that's cool for you. I personally hate that behavior of "ghosts", "leechers", or whatever you name them.

Doomsayer Tryskell, since 2010.

As said SweeTs, you can easily compare the difference of spirit / mentality between my system and open source checking L2JFrozen and aCis forums. I think customs and the difference of system totally seperate the communities.

I don't care about open source. I care about making a community, linked by the power of love (see Sido and SweeTs on forums to understand) !

Open source is for facking geeks, it doesn't help when you manage to create your own pack and has to develop it solo. You will understand. Or you will stop to develop losing motivation, pretexting you stop for another reason.

I bring people together ; some could think you're FORCED TO help, but that's the meaning of being a community for me. I'm not interested by people who feel like they're "forced to" help. If it's not natural, they go on L2JFrozen - and it's a reason L2JFrozen is popular : I could change of system, put a buffer and a fotress crap and voila, I gain all L2JFrozen fans - but I got more peeps helping than L2JFrozen, more innovation, and people who helped in the past continue to help.

Now if you manage to see your pack is popular but you got no help, and you live with it, that's cool for you. I personally hate that behavior of "ghosts", "leechers", or whatever you name them.

Doomsayer Tryskell, since 2010.

As i said we see things in different ways, i personally dont care about leechers. I always like to gather a few people who open servers with my stuff around me and thats all i need as far as feedback goes. The rest is helpful in some way too, but as you said alone its not so much fun sometimes. Especially if you have to rewrite every single packet in the freekin pack alone. :D

BTW even tho your pack have room for a ton of performance related improvements(aka fixing the l2j craps), atleast im pleased to see that theres a packet queue. :D

Haha that's the spirit Tryky! :troll:

Frozen...i get over 10 requests a day to fix a bug in it...

You see, I'd say you get 10 'annoying' request to fix a single bug FOR THEM, not for the pack directly (I think you get my point). And like Tryskell said, frozen has no real help, just from time to time something.

aCis? Many xml refactors, quest engine refactor and so on.. It's more valuable than 10k bots :) That's my pov, don't kill me for dat :P

thats all i need as far as feedback goes.

as you said alone its not so much fun sometimes.

This, you got the answer. With that system, you get ppl who help a lot, by doin' things that I mentioned above. :)

'if feedbacks goes on'.. as you said, IF :troll: otherwise, it's annoying you try to do your best and ppl just screw that and they're making 'own' packs for sale.. :P

Haha that's the spirit Tryky! :troll:

You see, I'd say you get 10 'annoying' request to fix a single bug FOR THEM, not for the pack directly (I think you get my point). And like Tryskell said, frozen has no real help, just from time to time something.

aCis? Many xml refactors, quest engine refactor and so on.. It's more valuable than 10k bots :) That's my pov, don't kill me for dat :P

Well the XMLs are just a read only things, it improves on loading time and if done right on memory allocation too. The Quest translation to java is a good thing yeah. Altho these are just small stuff when it comes to runtime stability and such. :)

Well the XMLs are just a read only things, it improves on loading time and if done right on memory allocation too. The Quest translation to java is a good thing yeah. Altho these are just small stuff when it comes to runtime stability and such. :)

Rome wasn't built in a day :)

About Quest, I mean quest engine by Hasha :) and there is many other things that IC members did :P But you see, they help in any (good) way. Surely they does better things than frozens one :)